Sled insurance

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Insured my 2012 freeride last week. Took them a week to get it in the system and me a proper quote as it had not been done before apparently. Just wondering what everyone is paying yearly for their new sleds. My price seems high. This company is usually pretty cheap compared to the rest. Full coverage was just over $760yr or $350ish without collision.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got my renewal today. Total for 3 sleds $730 through Co-operators

1 -2011 valued @ $14,300 inc collision- $462.00
2 -2003 valued @ $ 5,500 no collision - $134.00 ea

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I need to add this has to be in Alberta. Any other province and the rates will vary greatly.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Insured my 2012 freeride last week. Took them a week to get it in the system and me a proper quote as it had not been done before apparently. Just wondering what everyone is paying yearly for their new sleds. My price seems high. This company is usually pretty cheap compared to the rest. Full coverage was just over $760yr or $350ish without collision.

How can insurance companies justify prices like this? Say the sled is valued at 15,000+ even. Depending on your age and stuff you can pretty much fully insure a 50 or 60,000 dollar truck for that kind of price! I would think from an insurance standpoint that there would be a higher chance of having a more costly claim on the vehicle over the sled too - no? Even a total write off on the sled would be less than some "minor" collision repair on vehicles...

Just thinking here - I don't have much experience with insurance on snowmobiles myself.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I insured my '12 Pro Rmk for $406/yr with full coverage incl. collision. I will add though, all of our ins. coverage is through the same company and we've been clients since 1986, so I'm sure that helps.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just insured 03 zx custom valued at 16000.00 no collision 140.00 05 m7 valued at 5500.00 no colision 73.00 with drayton ins. Belong to asa

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
My wife has been insuring sleds left right and center lately seems she can get the best deal in town on sled insurance. Gotta love being married to an insurance broker, ya get the best rate unfortunately everything I own is insured even my work boots lol.

maxandvin

Reaction score
My wife has been insuring sleds left right and center lately seems she can get the best deal in town on sled insurance. Gotta love being married to an insurance broker, ya get the best rate unfortunately everything I own is insured even my work boots lol.
I'm in the same situation Kelly. My wife's an underwriter, we get great rates but probably have triple the insurance of most non industry folks! If I did't know any better I would think she's praying for my ruination! Lol

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am with Co-Op ins. pay for $440.00 fully covered on a 2011 sled.

blar

Reaction score
Found TD is the cheapest for me so far. When asked me what I purchased the sled for I said 14K and quoted $690 full coverage but told her it the value was 8K it dropped down to $340. New toys are expensive :)

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I might have to do some shopping around then. This is with TD and the first flag was that it took a week to get it done. I have 10 vehicles and the house with them. Should be getting a better rate then this. No claims in over ten years. This crap pisses me off.

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why bare most of you putting full coverage on your sleds. No accidents while you own sled would pay for any repair that you might have to do good tools and rivet gun and can fix most bangups

Pink Thunder Beth

Reaction score
I am a sales associate at the cooperators and I would look into the rates you co-op guys are quoting. They seem a little high to what most of the ones I have been insuring. Best thing to do is all perils you save a little combining the coll and comp. why not have collision on a 14,000 sled, you hit a tree at least your covered. It covers stupidity, and the world seems to be getting stupider as the years pass. I have insured a few fellow snow and mud fellas in the past few weeks.
Beth

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since you are in the Insurance industry. Is it true if I am in an accident with my truck and my sled is on the truck or trailer and gets banged up pretty good there is no coverage unless I have collision on the sled? I always assumed it was covered with the truck, but was told differently lately, now does this apply to who's at fault also? if someone else is at fault then are they responsible for the cost of my sled even if I have no collision on it or am I?

I am a sales associate at the cooperators and I would look into the rates you co-op guys are quoting. They seem a little high to what most of the ones I have been insuring. Best thing to do is all perils you save a little combining the coll and comp. why not have collision on a 14,000 sled, you hit a tree at least your covered. It covers stupidity, and the world seems to be getting stupider as the years pass. I have insured a few fellow snow and mud fellas in the past few weeks.
Beth

Top Bottom