Snowmobile Insurance

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering good place for insurance on A snowmobile have a deposit on a new 2022 summit sp 850 and my insurance coming quoted me 600.00 for full coverage is that inline or is that high . Thanks for looking

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems in line with my insurance. Is that through Drayden Insurance? I believe the carrier would be Intact.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Join the ASA first, then draydon insurance for the group policy. You will end up with a few extra features on a new sled you wont get anywhere else.

Drayden Insurance Ltd. offers group rates for Members of the Alberta Snowmobile Association with up to 40% in discounts.

• We insure stand-alone snowmobiles
  • Limited Waiver of Depreciation (sef 43R) available for up to 24 months after the purchase of a new snowmobile. <<<<
  • Increased maximum value up to $30,000.
  • Loss of Use coverage is available to provide a rental if loss is due to an insured peril.
  • Members of ASA can also insure their Auto and Home policies for additional discounts and no service charge on monthly payments.

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Join the ASA first, then draydon insurance for the group policy. You will end up with a few extra features on a new sled you wont get anywhere else.

Drayden Insurance Ltd. offers group rates for Members of the Alberta Snowmobile Association with up to 40% in discounts.

• We insure stand-alone snowmobiles
  • Limited Waiver of Depreciation (sef 43R) available for up to 24 months after the purchase of a new snowmobile. <<<<
  • Increased maximum value up to $30,000.
  • Loss of Use coverage is available to provide a rental if loss is due to an insured peril.
  • Members of ASA can also insure their Auto and Home policies for additional discounts and no service charge on monthly payments.
I am an ASA member and will call them . Thank you . First time getting a new sled we will see if I get to ride it this .

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering good place for insurance on A snowmobile have a deposit on a new 2022 summit sp 850 and my insurance coming quoted me 600.00 for full coverage is that inline or is that high . Thanks for looking
I've had good rates with The Personal out of Montreal. Way better than $600, think it was below $400 if I remember right

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With capri and an 18 freeride with fire theft an no collision is 434 and a 2021 600 sp full coverage is 525 so maybe high?

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is around the same $600 mark. I'm in the same boat... looking for better rates. Not just on the sled, everything.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
It not just the best price / better rates you should be looking for. I posted the ASA policy for many reasons. When you independently insure your snowmobile from your daily driver vehicles, your not having the sled on the risk with the motor vehicles. Then you have a claim on your sled and this does not affect your vehicle ratings. Typically you have a sled accident or thefts it can cause issues to your vehicle policy. And with toys, sleds, quads, you will find that no one offers waiver of depreciation like they do on autos. Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom