Skid Protection?

prairieguy

Reaction score
Has anyone put the extreme skid on and wished they went withthe full one? I was going to install the extreme one last night but havingsecond thoughts! The extreme really doesn’t protect any of the a –arms I’mwondering if I should go with the full and just sacrifice the snow build upthat I was worried about. I know on my m1000 last year the full skid saved me afew times seeing the nicks I had in it! Am I over thinking this or have guysfound a few landmines and wished they had more protections I ride ½ mountainsand ½ northern sask.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can't thaw out your sled after every ride or every other ride the full body skid plate is gonna be full of ice all the time. Friend of mine has the full body plate and it's constantly packing full of snow. He's contemplating putting the extreme plate when we do the grip and race braces.

Sent from my Shoe Phone

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kent, look into the Mod Rods XM Sled Armor front bumper. It does the same thing as the grip braces but is also a heavy duty front bumper. I wish I had put that on mine a long time ago.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I use the big baby! I guess that is the full one. When I am not at home (heated shop or garage for storage), I just make sure I clean out the snow before I shut the sled down for the night. Kind of reminds me of having to clean the running boards so that ice didn't build up. It is a small price to pay instead of a much bigger price from a well placed rock or stump, IMHO.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with the race one again. I like the no biuld up around my steering.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I always use the extreme plate because of the icing and snow build up.
If you are finding that your full plate is to iced up. Do a quick stop at the car wash at the end of the day if available and give it a quick spray down if you do not have a heated shop.
Like Ferniesnow stated, clean it out and you will have no problems.
The full plate gives far more protection.

danmilton87

Reaction score
I rode a year with a full and it was awesome no i got a bumper skid sled armour by xxx mod rods and love it

Top Bottom