Really did it this time

theseeker

Reaction score
Well after years of riding my dads sled I finally bought one for myself this summer and during the second ride of the sled I guess you could say I got into a pretty serious wreck. It was in a hay field just across from our house that Ive rode across probably a thousand times. Along one edge is a fairly large drainage ditch with only one approach across it, as I was on my way home I guess I got carried away playing in the field and by the time I realized it, the ditch was right in front of me. I was told it launched the sled about fifty feet and I was thrown off. I smashed my left wrist and and crushed my L2 vertibre. I had surgery to repair both injuries last week and was able to walk the next day. As it is right now I am slowly recovering at home. I am in no way looking for sympathy, Just thought Id share my story and maybe keep someone else from getting hurt enjoying the sport.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speedy recovery to ya dude. I'll bet you have a garage project now....hopefully doesn't take too much.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds nasty. Your injuries sound bad but good to hear they weren't worse. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery and a Merry Christmas:beer:

theseeker

Reaction score
Well I convinced my mom to help me outside to have a look at the sled today its prognosis isnt as good as mine. Its gonna have to be put down.

P.S taking offers on it, only has 250 original kms, 04 summit adrenaline 800HO

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Well I convinced my mom to help me outside to have a look at the sled today its prognosis isnt as good as mine. Its gonna have to be put down.

P.S taking offers on it, only has 250 original kms, 04 summit adrenaline 800HO

:nopics:
Tell mom we need pictures to bid on it.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well after years of riding my dads sled I finally bought one for myself this summer and during the second ride of the sled I guess you could say I got into a pretty serious wreck. It was in a hay field just across from our house that Ive rode across probably a thousand times. Along one edge is a fairly large drainage ditch with only one approach across it, as I was on my way home I guess I got carried away playing in the field and by the time I realized it, the ditch was right in front of me. I was told it launched the sled about fifty feet and I was thrown off. I smashed my left wrist and and crushed my L2 vertibre. I had surgery to repair both injuries last week and was able to walk the next day. As it is right now I am slowly recovering at home. I am in no way looking for sympathy, Just thought Id share my story and maybe keep someone else from getting hurt enjoying the sport.

Sorry to hear about the accident, Wishing you a speedy recovery. I am also in the Westlock area, could you tell me approx. where this ditch is so we can avoid that area. :d

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks man, but like they say, fall off, (once healed), get right back on.
I hope this doesn't take you out of the sport. Heal well, get back on, RESPECT YOUR RIDE

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well at least you can still have a drink at Christmas, lucky speedy recovery, Cheers..

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear about the accident,hopefully the healing process is fast.if you could post pics of sled i may be interested

theseeker

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the accident, Wishing you a speedy recovery. I am also in the Westlock area, could you tell me approx. where this ditch is so we can avoid that area. :d

Its a couple miles north of the pete moss plant, but dont forget when traveling the old high grade lease roads that are abandoned some have very large trenches across them and the same thing could as easily happen. One almost got me a couple years ago. But Ill be back snowmobiling may not be for a while but ill be back. And Merry christmas to everyone.

Top Bottom