Premium gas with up to 10% ethanol.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
This is the first time I have seen a manufacturer put this on the gas cap.

The E-tec must have a smart computer and be able to adjust.

IMG_1652.jpg

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The writing has been on the wall for some time. Ethanol is here to stay. :/

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can get away without running any ethanol in your sled you are better off. Shell it is then...

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen 91 premium with 10% ethanol and 94 premium with no ethenol. Never saw 94 octane before at the pump. Just another way to get more money out of us.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
If you can get away without running any ethanol in your sled you are better off. Shell it is then...

I'm gonna be the devil's advocate Ken; You are a great believer in BRP oil in sleds cause the book says so.

Now the book says premium with up to 10% ethanol and you start acting like me………….what's with that???

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen 91 premium with 10% ethanol and 94 premium with no ethenol. Never saw 94 octane before at the pump. Just another way to get more money out of us.

i believe there is 94 at the pumps in mcbride. the Super premium red tag if i remember correctly

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty sure chevron 94 is ethanol free.. their 92 contains upto 10% ..

will check shell and petro can

luckily, have all 3 nearby !

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fas gas in lloyd has a separate premium pump 91 oct no ethanol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the first time I have seen a manufacturer put this on the gas cap.

The E-tec must have a smart computer and be able to adjust.

View attachment 141418

ETEC Smart computer? Sorry Doug, its not that advanced... :D ......At least since 2009, Cat manuals have stated that up to 10% max ethanol blend is acceptable fuel. They have been spec'd for 87 octane which has been up to 10% for many years. Which is what I've been saying in all these fuel threads, depending on your gas station of choice, the blend can be up to 10%, but usually isn't and these motors have been made for 87 octane with up to 10% E, as this is what the manufacturers are spec'ing. Is not the greatest for your sled but it will run on it.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
ETEC Smart computer? Sorry Doug, its not that advanced... :D ......At least since 2009, Cat manuals have stated that up to 10% max ethanol blend is acceptable fuel. They have been spec'd for 87 octane which has been up to 10% for many years. Which is what I've been saying in all these fuel threads, depending on your gas station of choice, the blend can be up to 10%, but usually isn't and these motors have been made for 87 octane with up to 10% E, as this is what the manufacturers are spec'ing. Is not the greatest for your sled but it will run on it.

My 2008 Doo and all models since, advised that 91 octane be used. None of them advised 87 octane. Cats must be a little different to say 87 is the spec……….

I prefer premium and will look for premium without ethanol because I know the motors run better.

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some of the huskies stations in edmonton have 94 octane
but is there anyway to prove what octane level a pump is truly spitting out?
ive always wondered this with stations like tempo that sell discounted premium

Top Bottom