Ethanol in all grades of fuel

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought race fuel lately and know the price? Paid $2.70/liter for AVGas the other day and wanted to compare.

Wow that’s crazy, I’m paying $2 a litre cash price for av gas right now, had a bunch to get rid of before the season ends so was running 75/25 premium/av gas in my 23 turbo r the last couple days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also just reading through a few of these messages, just figured id shine some light on the quality of fuels/supply at stations. Across the board there is no "Standard" supplier for one brand. Honestly, they are all a mismatch of who is offering what price, availability etc. Typically for one area, the majority of the gas stations will be getting it from the same source. That being said your "No Ethanol" Shell fuel can come from one location this week, and it could be different the next. This is the reason you see some locations being ethanol-free, and other locations same product having ethanol. They have a "standard" that they get shipped to a fuel terminal, then they blend, and ship it to the locations. The % of ethanol stickers are a cover your ass type agreement. What IS different, is the quality of detergents that are put into the fuels, and that does change from station to station. The industry basically breaks down the different suppliers in fuel based on the quality of detergents that they add. Shell is a top quality detergent, as is Chevron, and believe it or not Costco. The % of ethanol is not really something you can bank on.

Lots of these suppliers are getting heat to crank up the amount of ethanol in gas, same with adding FAME as well as HDRD into their diesel. Its not going anywhere sadly.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well as for chainsaws , do some research I guess, Do t ride chainsaws lol. Pleased with the results of the product, will continue using it, very convenient, a nice upgrade from
Av gas . Will run it next year and let you know if anything goes sideways . As for now, my opinion only but 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Here is the reply I received from Shellbourne..

Getting you some fuel enhancers that will increase to octane numbers of your purchased gasoline ins no problem. The fuel enhancer designed for yard equipment was tailored to provide:

(1) Enhanced starting

(2) A year round fuel stabilizer

(3) Increase torque values for stationary tools

(4) More horsepower

(5) Improve fuel lubricity to to air cooled engines

(6) Neutralize ethanol and yet provide only moderate horsepower numbers adding 3 octane numbers above gas station values.

The snow machine 1 liter bottles are wrong for this specific application you are intending.

Our pack size as a manufacturer is 12 x 1 liter. Served up in nitrogen pumped vessels and the product holds perfectly.

Treatment charts are provided and 1 liter treats 80 liters of fuel.

2 cycle oils:

(1)Carbon

(2) Semi-synthetic

(3) Fully synthetic

(4)Nano

(5) Ester and Nano

The oils are scented. The oils are catalyst treated to not decrease the octane value of the fuels you combine at various treat ratios. All existing TCw-3 marine and 2 stroke oils reduce octane values.

Available in 1 liter calibrated plastic jugs, 1 gallon plastic jugs and 20 liter plastic jugs with taps.

Prices are as follows:

Carbon: Each

12 x 1 L.=$6.60

4 X 1 Gal.=$28.50

1 x 20 L.=$125.20

Semi: Each increase the carbon price by 10%-Fully by 10% Nano and ester based remain the same price but another increase of 10%.

The products we manufacture are absolutely the best in North America. There are absolutely no carbon accumulations, no plug fouling, if your timing is set and your fuel to air ratios are where they should be and things are correct engine wise you will immediately notice a surprising difference in torque, horsepower and exhaust features.

Contact Lyle or myself. We are there to assist you and will work beside you to implement a program that meets your budget and equipment expectations.

John Shane cell # 289-242-0114

Top Bottom