Polaris Pro aint so light!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, American Snowmobiler tested some 2012's and posted some wet weights with spare belt. The Pro 155 with E-Start weighed in at 577 lbs. I know the battery is 16 lbs so I figure 25lbs is resonable if the E-start was removed, that would be 552 lbs. Now the 13's are supposed to be 14 lbs lighter, that would be 538lbs. Thats pretty good.

Now since the 154 Summit kicked the butt of the Pro last year, they thought they would make it tougher for Doo so they tested the 146 Free Ride against the Poo for 2012.

The Free Ride is about 30 lbs heavier than the Summit X for 2012 and the 154 was 4 lbs heavier still. The Free Ride tested came in at 581 lbs so the 154 would be 585lbs wet with spare belt.

For 13 the Free Ride is 25 lbs heavier than the Summit X so the Summit X should be 560 lbs wet. Still 22 lbs heavier than the Pro but far off from the 50 lbs advertised.

Now the can is about 18 lbs on the Summit and it is easy to get a can around 4 lbs but if your like me you might want a quieter one at 6-7 lbs. This will shave off at least another 11 lbs and then the wet weight ready to ride is only 11 lbs difference.

Now with all the ice that sticks to the non-painted Poo tunnels and with the extra gas they need to carry, who's lighter now!

Attachments

• SnipImage (3).jpg
    SnipImage (3).jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 736
  • weights.JPG
    weights.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 689
Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bingo. ive been saying it all along. make these sleds ready to ride and you will be within 20lbs. thanks for the info.

there is NO 50lb gain.

now recalculate the power to weight ratio whos ahead again...or still i should say

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bingo. ive been saying it all along. make these sleds ready to ride and you will be within 20lbs. thanks for the info.

there is NO 50lb gain.

now recalculate the power to weight ratio whos ahead again...or still i should say
Just when the cult had gone to sleep, you guys have to go and toss in another firecracker.:rolleyes::d

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think it should be wet weight minus gas other wise theyll be makin smaller gas tanks to be lighter

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why can't these magazines actually test comparable sleds? A Summit X 154 against a Pro RMK 155 against a Cat M8 SnoPro 153. Go out and dyno them, weigh them wet, put the MSRP's on their review and give an honest opinion...

Oh right, BRP doesn't pay enough for advertizing so they need to skew the numbers in favour of the guys who put more money into their magazine.

That has to be the most random selection of sleds to put in a test.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, American Snowmobiler tested some 2012's and posted some wet weights with spare belt. The Pro 155 with E-Start weighed in at 577 lbs. I know the battery is 16 lbs so I figure 25lbs is resonable if the E-start was removed, that would be 552 lbs. Now the 13's are supposed to be 14 lbs lighter, that would be 538lbs. Thats pretty good.

Now since the 154 Summit kicked the butt of the Pro last year, they thought they would make it tougher for Doo so they tested the 146 Free Ride against the Poo for 2012.

The Free Ride is about 30 lbs heavier than the Summit X for 2012 and the 154 was 4 lbs heavier still. The Free Ride tested came in at 581 lbs so the 154 would be 585lbs wet with spare belt.

For 13 the Free Ride is 25 lbs heavier than the Summit X so the Summit X should be 560 lbs wet. Still 22 lbs heavier than the Pro but far off from the 50 lbs advertised.

Now the can is about 18 lbs on the Summit and it is easy to get a can around 4 lbs but if your like me you might want a quieter one at 6-7 lbs. This will shave off at least another 11 lbs and then the wet weight ready to ride is only 11 lbs difference.

Now with all the ice that sticks to the non-painted Poo tunnels and with the extra gas they need to carry, who's lighter now!

there is NO 50lb gain.

Haha...It's fun to see you guys grasping at straws:D The proof is on the snow not necessarily on the scale. Who cares which is lighter and which has more power...as long as you're having fun...that's all that matters:D However, I'll put my Assault against a 154 DOO anytime!! LOL :D

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha...It's fun to see you guys grasping at straws:D The proof is on the snow not necessarily on the scale. Who cares which is lighter and which has more power...as long as you're having fun...that's all that matters:D However, I'll put my Assault against a 154 DOO anytime!! LOL :D

i totally agree. but weve been taking it pretty hard from team poo on this site about there 50lbs lighter sled.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why can't these magazines actually test comparable sleds? A Summit X 154 against a Pro RMK 155 against a Cat M8 SnoPro 153. Go out and dyno them, weigh them wet, put the MSRP's on their review and give an honest opinion...

Oh right, BRP doesn't pay enough for advertizing so they need to skew the numbers in favour of the guys who put more money into their magazine.

That has to be the most random selection of sleds to put in a test.

ya i was going to say.........a freeride with 30lbs of bracing vs the mountain sled? hmmm

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't the Assault heavier than the Pro RMK in much the same way the freeride is heavier than the Summit?

You tell us, I see a Polaris in your avitar? Their wider and different shocks and track but then why would the Pro with E-start be so heavy?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You tell us, I see a Polaris in your avitar? Their wider and different shocks and track but then why would the Pro with E-start be so heavy?
Dude, I weigh 260, 20 lbs. difference ain't going to make a whole hell of a lot of difference to me. I was just asking. From the clip you attached to your post they weighed an assault against a freeride. Haven't read the article so I am just going by the chart.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it used to just be maxwell and fredw, but it seems the concern has spread through the yellow jammies crowd. But.......... relax fellas, I heard it doesn't feel any heavier. LOL.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wonder if skiers sit around saying my ski's are better and lighter or my toque is way more comfy then yours?

Top Bottom