Polaris Pro aint so light!

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never been much of a believer in manufacturer or media claimed weights. Dry weight is a useless number, as we don't ride our sleds without oil, coolant, shock oil, or gas. A fair compaison? Take all the sleds IN THE SAME CLASS (ie: 800cc two stroke, 153-155" track length, without e-start, and weigh them wet, with an equal amount of fuel in each (some fuel tanks hold more then others).If your new polaris pro is lighter then a summit x - it should be, as it's missing a cooler that both doo and cat have. I'm betting that I could ride the lightest machine available and still be as heavy or heavier then brand "B", cause the RUNNING weight of the sled with tools / gas / food / survival equipment / rider is huge - I tend to overpack, and always have. I am more interested in dealer support, a GOOD pre delivery inspection, and overall reliability of a sled rather then "which one is 6oz lighter. Rider attitude, knowledge, and skill close the gap quickly between the #1 rated sled and the #4 machine.
Let's face it, any of the current machines produced today are light years ahead of the stuff we had in the 80's and 90's, and can take a green rider places they have no business being...

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In all honesty, who wouldn't ride something just because it might weigh a little more than you like.

I can guaranty some of you went home with something from the bar a little heavier than you initially thought it was going to be :)

And you still had a good time :beer:

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next time I'm in a tree well by myself pulling on the ski I will remember that "50 lbs isn't that much".

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next time I'm in a tree well by myself pulling on the ski I will remember that "50 lbs isn't that much".

The doo pops on top of the snow way easier anyways with a ski tug with the 2.5 16 wide track. Very little effort to pull the doo on top of the snow.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hurkot can ride that sled he makes that thing dangle!!!! sorry i missed your call johny to busy filling my face at rum runner!

Top Bottom