ok i can already see me getting a lot of flack for this one

tredeb

Reaction score
i once took over the cabin at millege i think it was , i had the fire going , and it was toasty . everyone that came to the door did not stay long , prolly cause i was naked cept my joe boxers. oh and i had all kinds of things hanging on the wall , sled jacket , bibs , boots , clothes , pipes , carbs , cdi box , carb boots, lite weight seat , back pack .ect ect ect... put my sled in the creek beside the cabin up to my waist. i managed too keep my lunch and smokes dry though. and some real nice peeps gave me some beer. anyway i hope i didnt scare no one, butt sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do . good thing was , i got the sled fired up on 3rd pull , but i was in no shape to drive , so we pulled it out SORRY NO PICS

gotta love an overhaul in the cabin.....stay gold ponyboy

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Obviously they didnt know that the Princess was on the mountain. Back once again to pound the endless powder that ALWAYS surrounds her cabin. What is wrong with these grouchy people? Why cant they just leave the litter of their loins at home with an X-box and a bag of Cheetos? Or give them 40 bucks and send them to the mall where they can have fun and be safe. GAWD!!:rant:

I assume you don't have children ??

I fawkin hope not.

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one time not long after i took over the Millege cabin i was on the other side of the valley at ALLEN CREEK Weeeeellllllllllll let me tell you , it was a sun shiny day , blue sky kinda day , lots of young peeps with their familys, and the cabin and surrounding area was full,. well there was one couple who must of thought they were at HEDONISM but instead of nice white sand they had snow . they were doing the vertical bop behind the cabin . of course i was disccusted and called my buddies over to make sure i was not see things . i was NOT seeing things . this went on untill they noticed us :eek:4 hrs later i seen the same couple inside the cabin , acting like what they did was perfectly normal :eek: .. the nerve of some people

TRUE STORY.............. NO PICS... i know.... i know.... SORRY

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FLACK. I really dont care as long as everyone is responsible for their own mess.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from riding in Revy this week where the cabins were full @ both Frisby and Boulder with children and parents...Its the christmas break and exactly what I expected to see. We looked inside and seen the tables full walked back out on the step had our lunch and a couple laughs and thought what a great experience for all these youngsters to be spending time in the mountians with family over the holidays. After this week most of these kids are back in school and the parents are back to work so if you are bothered by all the families out in the warm up cabins over the holidays either stay home or suck it up Princess.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Between this and the best western valemont thread i think Snow and Mud is the new home for children puppy hating sledders lol

Reaction score
Just got back from riding in Revy this week where the cabins were full @ both Frisby and Boulder with children and parents...Its the christmas break and exactly what I expected to see. We looked inside and seen the tables full walked back out on the step had our lunch and a couple laughs and thought what a great experience for all these youngsters to be spending time in the mountians with family over the holidays. After this week most of these kids are back in school and the parents are back to work so if you are bothered by all the families out in the warm up cabins over the holidays either stay home or suck it up Princess.
Wow It must have been you up there that was being a jerk huh? Lol ! Well I get that there's families and stuff out here, I don't expect there to be just me up on the mountain alone, and if u actually read my post, I enjoy getting to meet people up on the hill and in the cabins, kids and families and all. Its great to have people to bs with and swap stories with while your warming up, but when people are jerks it takes some of the fun out of the day! Its okay. Your obviously familiar with rude people and we won't hold it against you.

Reaction score
Between this and the best western valemont thread i think Snow and Mud is the new home for children puppy hating sledders lol

lol i like kids and puppies. what i hate is rude people.. and when your climbing a hill and you have one of those insane, need to be scratched immediately itches under your balaclava.. those are no good!

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a bit of a favour and a complaint. i am happy to see families in the mountains, and kids getting out and enjoying the sport, and as i am new to the mountains maybe i am just gettting a bit of a bad taste in my my mouth about it tho.. for three days in a row on a few different hills we have stopped at the cabin to warm up and have a bit of a rest. each time the cabins have been overrun, litteraly with families, 4-6 kids and 3 or more adults, all from the same group. each time they have taken over the tables and chairs and have pounded out the cabin staging area with snowboards or toboggans or little people learning to ride sleds. still not that big of a deal. but i thought the mountains and the cabins were supposed to be for everyone? not just one family? now we are pretty friendly and have trie going in and making friends and each time we were met with unfriendly people and were made to feel very akward.
im wondering if you read this with your ridiculous large family with 10 kids and the 4 women who are just there to sit in the cabin and crabby men who are mad that they are grounded at the cabin and wish to be playing in better snow or areas..then at least try to be polite and share the space with other sledders. maybe even smile and strike up a conversation. we are in this together. and for the families who have welcomed us in and all the great people we meet who have a smile and a minute to bs thank you.

I can see you were at Sicamous BC at Blue Lake and Owls Head cabins on December 27-30

WOW - have never seen that many women and large families, some families were 8 kids and 4 adults doubling and tripling up the trail to the cabin -- play -- then back down to the parking lots.. I do not think anyone had a problem as they all moved over to make room. - that was nice to see...

Fire wood - chopped some big stumps at the start of the morning, which was quickly burnt up - asked some young guys if they would chop up some more and they laughed - and the fire burnt out --no one chopped any more -- so I went back out and chopped 2 more arm fulls - to sum up I chopped up all the wood that day??? Whats with that???

but it was not the kids that were annoying it was the 1 guy a each cabin that had to talk so loud that everyone in the cabin could hear his stories...

Talk softly/quietly there is no reason for you to dominate the cabin with your loud seamingly BS stories..

Last edited:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We have 5 kids and one grandparent that sleds with us all the time..........my kids usually behave sometimes the four year old puts on his attila the hun show but we cool him off in the snow bank!!! BUT that grandma we take can sometimes get real rowdy and hard to control!!!!!

Oh we'll be at the south shelter in the CNP sometime tomorrow...could someone have the fire lit for us?????

Jan

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a bit of a favour and a complaint. but i thought the mountains and the cabins were supposed to be for everyone?
Are you kidding? The mountains are for everyone so quit complaining about others being there or stay home.
Was that your big dually truck and 4 place trailer blocking the lot off at Owlhead while you were up at the cabin in a funk because other people were there??
Come on out after the Christmas break... all those people your whining about will have gone back to Spruce Grove and it will be nice here again. Might even be some untracked in front of the cabin for you.:rolleyes:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought about this for awhile now and as usual it can be all put into persective. Yup, kids are a pain in the butt sometimes, other peoples kids even more so, all of us know that. Buuuut kids are kids,
Now, the only reason I ever ride a place that even has a cabin is because my kids are with me or the weather prevents stepping out into the real backcountry.why is that you may
ask??? Well let me tell you. It is because of inconsiderate selfabsorbed people who have no respect for anyone other than themselves. People who likely pull their hummer into the parki ng lot and blare Their trailer steryo's as if we all want to hear.We don't. Like people who want to hot rod around the cabin like we all impresed over your turbo. We're not. Or by people who want to sit in the cabin and brag about where they climbed and about what they did, as if we all wanted to know. We didn't
So you see princess we all have our dislikes and peeves.and we all have the people who bother us. But unlike children we are adults and therefore should act as such. Somtimes that requires thinking about others instead of ourselves.mmmmmk

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought about this for awhile now and as usual it can be all put into persective. Yup, kids are a pain in the butt sometimes, other peoples kids even more so, all of us know that. Buuuut kids are kids,
Now, the only reason I ever ride a place that even has a cabin is because my kids are with me or the weather prevents stepping out into the real backcountry.why is that you may
ask??? Well let me tell you. It is because of inconsiderate selfabsorbed people who have no respect for anyone other than themselves. People who likely pull their hummer into the parki ng lot and blare Their trailer steryo's as if we all want to hear.We don't. Like people who want to hot rod around the cabin like we all impresed over your turbo. We're not. Or by people who want to sit in the cabin and brag about where they climbed and about what they did, as if we all wanted to know. We didn't
So you see princess we all have our dislikes and peeves.and we all have the people who bother us. But unlike children we are adults and therefore should act as such. Somtimes that requires thinking about others instead of ourselves.mmmmmk

YA what he said:)

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok. Give me a break....complaining about some kids at a cabin having fun during the Christmas Break??? That is completely ABSURD.

Well, you know what gets me seeing RED?? Going into a cabin and finding a bunch of grown men smoking the wacky tobaccy and my kids can't even go inside to warm up!! How's that for people that are considerate of other users??

motomike450r

Reaction score
Where I ride we get a lot of occasional weekenders who lack a lot of etiquette, blocking the lot so no one can turn a trailer around, stopping and blocking the whole trail and then not even acknowledging it, the list could go on for ever maybe in another thread. When I ask if they are going to move their rig so we and others can turn around in the lot, I am very nice and patient the first time. The second time I speak very slow and a little loud so they know I think they are retarded. Use some common sense. And if you ride above me on a hill again I will set fire to your rented or borrowed machine. That said, I am the first guy to stop and offer help if it looks like you might need it. :beer:

Last edited:

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who hangs out at the cabin anyway?? if people do this good for them buy i drive a long ways to go ridin and that is what i do, dont care if its crappy out or not, if its that bad where you cant see anywhere then i go to the hotel and hang in the hottub for a while, whats with everyone hanging out in the cabin all day long anyway all it does is make me damp and colder than i was when i went in. And as for the families really??? this only happens during the christmas break so whats the big deal, you obviously do not have kids of your own do you??

Top Bottom