Relocating to the Right Coast

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I think it depends on location.... where we rode last weekend there would not have been enough snow for sleds, they use a drag to pack the snow when there is too much so the wheeled machines can get around. The drag belongs to the OHV club, not sure there are sled trails in that area - up north the sledding is awesome I'm told, but we would need to trailer up - most places you can ride a quad or SXS from your house
I may be confused between maritime provinces as well. It could be NFLD that's like that. All I know is recreational trail networks out that way kick the ch!t out of what we have out west here

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah they pretty much turned all the old train tracks in to riding. And the sled trails there go from Quebec to new Brunswick, even down into the states and so on. Could ride all winter

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a big move, life moves a little slower out that way and is definitely a beauty place to hang your hat, congrats and good luck

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Best of luck to you and Arlene. It was great meeting you and your family. Send me a PM about your M3.

Still to this day, I don't think anyone has came close to your 1200 post's in one day.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
congrats Ian. Keep posting and keep us in the loop. Who Knows, I may come up that way some day and we can get together and have a shot of Gibbies

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Wife flew down today and has arrived - She's a New Brunswicker now

I hope to hit the road on Monday and plan on 4 days but we'll see could be five. Dog is wondering WTF is going on, house is 90% empty and his momma is gone.

Looking forward to getting the next week over with....

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Didnt want to hire movers?
Not for a cross country move at todays prices, 2 years ago no problem 53' sea can delivered for under $4k, today that same delivery would be over $12K. cheaper to sell everything off and buy used when we get there.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not for a cross country move at todays prices, 2 years ago no problem 53' sea can delivered for under $4k, today that same delivery would be over $12K. cheaper to sell everything off and buy used when we get there.

Fair enough. Thats a long haul, you'll see a lot of country at least.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I may be confused between maritime provinces as well. It could be NFLD that's like that. All I know is recreational trail networks out that way kick the ch!t out of what we have out west here
Groomed trails are sled only here in NL ....not that I ride trails ...and abundant off trail riding. NB apparently has a great groomed trail network but not nearly as much backcountry riding ...meet folks from NB/PEI/NS who cross the Gulf to ride in the back on the west coast. Lots of options for atvs here too ....

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Groomed trails are sled only here in NL ....not that I ride trails ...and abundant off trail riding. NB apparently has a great groomed trail network but not nearly as much backcountry riding ...meet folks from NB/PEI/NS who cross the Gulf to ride in the back on the west coast. Lots of options for atvs here too ....
I've always wanted to go to NL now we will get our chance, it's top of the wife's list for summer trips.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It all comes back to me when I get to drinking......
too bad we couldn't have gotten out for another sled ride, sure had a good time, i never seen such a grin from ear to ear? good times, Happy Trails Ian.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its a nice place out East. We have friends and family in Nova Scotia. Neighbor here is from St Johns and he tells stories of the area. Good luck Ian and Arlene. Hope you do make it back to some Snow and Mud fun events.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Its a nice place out East. We have friends and family in Nova Scotia. Neighbor here is from St Johns and he tells stories of the area. Good luck Ian and Arlene. Hope you do make it back to some Snow and Mud fun events.
Saint John and St. Johns are very different places......lol I don't need to take a boat to get where I'm going

Top Bottom