Official REVY Riding Conditions 2014/15

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Icy and wash board. A million Semi's on the road, spinning out, going 5 to 40 km/h, good times....

X2.... Got here a few hours ago, 6 hrs from Calgary. Rain from Field to Revy, icy patches around Banff as usual. Those who are driving tomorrow morning better be careful, gonna be glare ice when that freezes.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Grossest snow I have ever ridden near Revy. Came upon a group from Washington and they said "this is what we ride in all the time"...lol Actually reminded me of some Whistler snow as well. Blasted our way to Alberta Hill quite easily and then dropped into Superbowl.....holy fawkin **** show. Zero Viz and you only knew there was a creek when you were in it. The drainage in SuperBowl is tricky this time of year and we found a good portion of it. 3 Young bucks and 2 Vets wore ourselves all out for the 2-3 hours we were in there. Pretty happy to get back on the groomer trail heading down. Days are short this time of year. Gonna freeze tomorrow evening so after that we will need another solid cycle to rip on through.
Safe sleddin.
RS

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I won't know till Sunday , going for a looky and mabe stucky Lou

It has been raining and snowing down low, but seems the farther west, like salmon arm yesterday am got 8 inchs of snow in town, where east of sicamous roads where just wet

Reaction score
Iv heard the avalanche risk is real high in revy iv never been there and was thinking on coming out today anybody tell me what its like out there and the best area to go ride right now would be

TreeThrasher

Reaction score
A few of us were thinking about running up for a Sunday and Monday ride. Is the snow wet enough that its going to turn to Concrete even in the trees?

Thanks

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
If you are in Revy Sat. night please come up to the Hillcrest and join us for this event. You don`t have to come for dinner. Again our generous supporters have donated a lot of amazing items for the raffle and auction. THANK YOU!!!!!! With all of us working together for the past 4 yrs. we have donated $35,000 to Avalanche Canada to promote avalanche awareness for snowmobilers. Hope you can join us. Lots of fun. :) Admission is a non perishable item for the Revy Food Bank Christmas Hamper or you can make a cash donation. See you there.

1836836_399375553546945_2379417784299071764_o.jpg

Last edited:

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got down from Frisby. Being new today was a disaster for me. The snow is bottomless and there is no base at all.

The snow is so deep you have to crawl around or you just sink to your chest.

We first came off the trail, looked around, about 50-60 guys and everyone was helping someone get out. There was about 10 guys stuck.

We didn't find the snow heavy or rained out, pretty fluffy but just way too much of it without any bottom.

If you are new this is not the time to learn. Wait it out.

Last edited:

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the best riders are usually the best because they aren't afraid to get stuck
being able to get out efficiently is very important and only one way to get good at it.

Just got down from Frisby. Being new today was a disaster for me. The snow is bottomless and there is no base at all.

The snow is so deep you have to crawl around or you just sink to your chest.

We first came off the trail, looked around, about 50-60 guys and everyone was helping someone get out. There was about 10 guys stuck.

We didn't find the snow heavy or rained out, pretty fluffy but just way too much of it without any bottom.

If you are new this is not the time to learn. Wait it out.

white rad

Reaction score
Be aware that at the end of the day temps dropped considerably and there was a thick ice crust that had formed on top of all the good snow. It's all speculation at this point but there could be major crusty butt issues tomorrow with these cold temps....

Awedor

Reaction score
With all the bad reports lately, I almost didn't go up today, I'm glad I did. There's a thick (1 ft) dense slab on top of light powder that makes getting stuck pretty easy, but even the rook in our group made out ok if we didn't sandbag him.

If i could I'd check it out again tomorrow...vis is only supposed to get better!

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the best riders are usually the best because they aren't afraid to get stuck
being able to get out efficiently is very important and only one way to get good at it.

So true. I love sitting at the cabin and listening to the guys saying "I got stuck 8 times all year".

I get stuck 8 times before my breakfast sandwich goes ding in the muff pot!

And yes I'm good at getting stuck.

sylvanAssault

Reaction score
It was awesome snow is great vis was the ****s but when it did break :) tree riding was fantastic snow setting up nicely tomorrow with the fore fasted blue skies will be a hell of a day.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow was a HUGE improvement from yesterday.

Rain didn't effect the snow too bad, and it was starting to set up better as the day went on.

Don't get me wrong... LOTS of stucks, but it only took a few minutes... as compared to an hour plus on Thursday for some..

There will be a crust tomorrow, but I think the snowpack will be ok, for riding...(avy warnings excluded..)

AWESOME day today. Doing the same area tomorrow... We barely touched the area and have A TON TO TRACK UP TOMORROW.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All and all good day snow has improved a bit had a blast today .... A few stucks but atleast it was rideable today snow was defiantly setting up should be a great day tomorrow.

cuso look for a xm with a ktm wrap stuck somewhere that will be me always looking to meet snow and mud folk will be riding boulder again tomorrow then
frisby on sun

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode frisbee yesterday.. Was awesome but visibility was brutal. Deep deep. Dropped into caribou closure and was a rodeo getting out. Stuck fest all day everywhere you looked. Good times had by all!

Top Bottom