Official REVY Riding Conditions 2014/15

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow riding today was hard work didn't even make it up to the cabin wet heavy paralyzing snow don't ride from peaks of the bear riding was hardly fun today just work to all u do is sink and shovel. Will be going up right from boulder parking lot hoping for better conditions tomorrow guna get as high as possible where the rain didn't hit

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 617
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 647
Last edited:

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
This was at 10:37 am. Doesn't look like 6' of pow???

yah its hard to believe you could make the cabin on the Kirkup.....There is snow and its deep.
Wet as stated in other posts makes for interesting riding.
All part of the fun.
Way better to say you were sledding than working for the man.
The tax man! LOL!

Remember to check avy conditions in the morning folks and do your snow checks on the hills!
Be safe and ride smart!

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got to Revy, took 5 hours to get from Golden to Revelstoke and its raining here. Looked pretty good in Golden, If a guy wanted to ride this weekend, Golden might be a better option.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Just got to Revy, took 5 hours to get from Golden to Revelstoke and its raining here. Looked pretty good in Golden, If a guy wanted to ride this weekend, Golden might be a better option.

Holy Dan.
Welcome back.
Groomer was up Boulder tonight.

What was the hold up? Heard trucks were spun out on Heather hill?
So what is the title of this years thread gonna be????????

Riding with the Duke!!!!!Season 2014?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy Dan.
Welcome back.
Groomer was up Boulder tonight.

What was the hold up? Heard trucks were spun out on Heather hill?
So what is the title of this years thread gonna be????????

Riding with the Duke!!!!!Season 2014?
I got a title figured out, I'll go check out the situation up top tommorow :beer:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our group of 12 or so went to Frisby today.

Some stucks, getting to the cabin, but nothing terrible.

Stuck on flats. Turbos, 174's 3" all were getting stuck. Line poaching on the flat was mandatory. the snow was heavy, 160cm recent on a super hard crust, and also another crust below that total when I probed was 205 cm.
We had trouble going anywhere really, stucks everywhere pulling out people getting stuck on every aspect including DOWNHILL We were nowhere near any avalanche danger. I was leery to go through trees that had a gradual slope, because of the chance of getting stuck..
Some steeper downhills, you still needed to use the throttle.

In all my years, I have never seen so many stuck on all levels of skill. It was insane.. We are all pooped.

Thinking of Sicamous tomorrow.. we see.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our group of 12 or so went to Frisby today.

Some stucks, getting to the cabin, but nothing terrible.

Stuck on flats. Turbos, 174's 3" all were getting stuck. Line poaching on the flat was mandatory. the snow was heavy, 160cm recent on a super hard crust, and also another crust below that total when I probed was 205 cm.
We had trouble going anywhere really, stucks everywhere pulling out people getting stuck on every aspect including DOWNHILL We were nowhere near any avalanche danger. I was leery to go through trees that had a gradual slope, because of the chance of getting stuck..
Some steeper downhills, you still needed to use the throttle.

In all my years, I have never seen so many stuck on all levels of skill. It was insane.. We are all pooped.

Thinking of Sicamous tomorrow.. we see.
Let me know what it's like dude

Don't track it all up

Oh wait I know where fresh will be

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's the weirdest bottomless snow. You had to let off the throttle to pop back on top of the snow.. it was tricky.

I can imagine. It sucks when the top foot is wet and heavy,, with light snow underneath.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I can imagine. It sucks when the top foot is wet and heavy,, with light snow underneath.

Just imagine what it was like beforr the big sleds.....
I could see Herbe and the elder crew picking up the ole Elans and such and walking towards the next spot to give it another go.......
Took days to get to the alpine rather than hours.

Top Bottom