November Conditions

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to Glen while there, we went up Renshaw Sat. and road was getting rutted up because it was still soft and muddy from all the rain, he mentioned the gate was going to be closed again till it freezes, not to worry, if you seen our posts, there is no reason to head out yet, as there is no snow to ride.
We drove to 23 kms on the Renshaw, as far as you can towing a trailer, there was only a couple inches on road, and only 1-2' at the cabin and even less back at the lake, hell, there was still horses grazing behind the cabin on the slopes, rode Allen on sun. , parked at 3 kms in a mud pit with a few others, rode up on mud,slush and rocks till 7 kms before we hit snow, and trail was even worse when we came down, then went up Lucille on Mon., see my pics earlier post, at least it was snowing that day.If it wasn't for having family there, it would have been a big waste of money to drive out. It's not a very good start, way worse than last year, and last year wasn't good either, forecast says snow this week, but it will take alot before things are rideable, I'm waiting a few more weeks.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Talked to Glen while there, we went up Renshaw Sat. and road was getting rutted up because it was still soft and muddy from all the rain, he mentioned the gate was going to be closed again till it freezes, not to worry, if you seen our posts, there is no reason to head out yet, as there is no snow to ride.
We drove to 23 kms on the Renshaw, as far as you can towing a trailer, there was only a couple inches on road, and only 1-2' at the cabin and even less back at the lake, hell, there was still horses grazing behind the cabin on the slopes, rode Allen on sun. , parked at 3 kms in a mud pit with a few others, rode up on mud,slush and rocks till 7 kms before we hit snow, and trail was even worse when we came down, then went up Lucille on Mon., see my pics earlier post, at least it was snowing that day.If it wasn't for having family there, it would have been a big waste of money to drive out. It's not a very good start, way worse than last year, and last year wasn't good either, forecast says snow this week, but it will take alot before things are rideable, I'm waiting a few more weeks.

Thanks for the first hand report CR500R. You are absolutely right - not enough snow yet. It needs to get colder so that the rain will turn into snow. The snow line needs to come down onto the trails.

I don't mean to get your hopes up, but there is a really nasty wind blowing here right now and the temp has dropped. Maybe this is the snow we have been waiting for !!! Stay tuned and keep dancing the snow dance.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was at the Renshaw parking lot today with bobcat to get it ready for winter and it was dumping snow for the 2 hours I was there, a ton up the mountain. May have to attempt a run to cabin Friday, will see what tomorrow brings. Moved the ramp to a more user friendly spot and cleaned the lower parking so maybe we can get more trucks off the road.

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey BBTOYS,

i know the hot-rod has already taken his groomer up to mcbride... probably a week and a half ago now... i think last i talked to him he was planning on starting grooming Dec 1 if snow permits. Do you think he will be on schedule with that... enough snow to the bottom of the trial to start grooming?

I can't wait for the first ride... i love renshaw!

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
hey BBTOYS,

i know the hot-rod has already taken his groomer up to mcbride... probably a week and a half ago now... i think last i talked to him he was planning on starting grooming Dec 1 if snow permits. Do you think he will be on schedule with that... enough snow to the bottom of the trial to start grooming?

I can't wait for the first ride... i love renshaw!

December 1st doesn't look very promising right now. Been raining for the past three days here. Snow looks pretty good on the mountaintops, but the trails up are really bad. Temperature here is about +8 to +10. The snow line has come down a bit since last report, but we need it to get colder and we need a HUGE dump of snow.

BBtoys, Adrenaline and Steve are going up Renshaw on Friday and we should have some kind of update from them when they get back.

gxsrboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YOU GUYS CALL THAT A RANT!!
SOUNDS MORE LIKE AN UP TO THE MINUTE CURRENT CONDITIONS REPORT!:nono::rant:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is currently 1.8 degrees in mcbride, and the snow line has come WAY down the hill.. Just waitin t ofind out what the trailks are like but it looks like the hills got hit real hard with snow last night.. And they are calling for more tonight and tomorrow.

thebigm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eagleriver.ca
It is currently 1.8 degrees in mcbride, and the snow line has come WAY down the hill.. Just waitin t ofind out what the trailks are like but it looks like the hills got hit real hard with snow last night.. And they are calling for more tonight and tomorrow.

Thanks for the update Glen. We are coming up next Wed/Thurs and shacking up with Barry & Judy for a couple of days. Look forward to meeting you and seeing the shop.:beer:

Mike.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A pic that i just took of the mtn's in mcbride.

Attachments

• 100_0849.jpg
    100_0849.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 59

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just had some guys in and they said that there is about 3ft behind the cabin up bell.. They said that there is about 1.5 - 2ft at the cabin as it's wind blown at the cabin.. So it's startin to sound better.. They are going up lucielle tomorrow and will give me a report when they get back as well as there a couple guys that are going up renshaw tomorrow aswell..

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Off to the Renshaw tomorrow. Camera in hand and hopfully 4 feet of pow. Will report back in the PM. Snowing in town as I type.

dragontamer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we are heg up saturday morning, hopefully lots of powder or enough, if riding is good saturday we are coming back up monday

thebigm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eagleriver.ca
Can wait to get up there. Praying to the snow Gods every night. Here a pic of the Nytro after a little pimpin in the off season. 5 more sleeps.

Cheers:beer:

Attachments

• Nytro.jpg
    Nytro.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 59

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey there guys i just thought i'd let you all know that mcbride is currently in the midst of a good old winter storm.. below zero and snowin hard.. After people get off the mtn tonight there will be updates on here about how the conditions are..

Top Bottom