New BC closures for off-road use including snowmobiling.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
This is awesome.
Look at the future riders to boulder.
Our membership numbers will be a record high this season.
See you all down below turbo hill riding the pinball alley creek and golf course.
Great zones.

Fernie snow is correct, there is no keeping numbers down on Boulder.

We will have to see what "Cats can be pulled from the Hats." for the Sicy club. It is very unfortunate for their club with all the problems..
This is an eye opener how fast the government can make decisions that affect so many people without proper due diligence being completed.
I am sure as sledding communities and folks, that we all will stand behind and back the Sicamous club.

Last edited:

Old Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to see things are getting hot. Forest fires today make their own rules how they fight them the old way no longer work. Watched vids of last year fires and groups of trees with nothing around them but grass for a 100 ft or more just explode into flames. Shutting the roads down in fire areas to let wildlife recover is not a good reason. You never see any wildlife out in open for very long due to wolfs and others that like to eat them. I would come over for a protest ride on Boulder. Be safe

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to see things are getting hot. Forest fires today make their own rules how they fight them the old way no longer work. Watched vids of last year fires and groups of trees with nothing around them but grass for a 100 ft or more just explode into flames. Shutting the roads down in fire areas to let wildlife recover is not a good reason. You never see any wildlife out in open for very long due to wolfs and others that like to eat them. I would come over for a protest ride on Boulder. Be safe
Need a bunch more ol boy mentality out there. Far to many willing to fold an cater to a pussy mentality. Problem is it has gotten away from the old ways. Why ? Cause they worked. Starting to get the picture.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is awesome.
Look at the future riders to boulder.
Our membership numbers will be a record high this season.
See you all down below turbo hill riding the pinball alley creek and golf course.
Great zones.

Fernie snow is correct, there is no keeping numbers down on Boulder.

We will have to see what "Cats can be pulled from the Hats." for the Sicy club. It is very unfortunate for their club with all the problems..
This is an eye opener how fast the government can make decisions that affect so many people without proper due diligence being completed.
I am sure as sledding communities and folks, that we all will stand behind and back the Sicamous club.
Folks making the call to stay out of fire zones for wildlife consideration. Same group that was responsible for an entire herd of mtn caribou maternity pen dying of thirst cause stream ran dry an no one caring for them checked. WTFU folks y’all getting played hard.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Folks making the call to stay out of fire zones for wildlife consideration. Same group that was responsible for an entire herd of mtn caribou maternity pen dying of thirst cause stream ran dry an no one caring for them checked. WTFU folks y’all getting played hard.
Sounds similar to Southern Alberta and OHV use when they closed a large area that had sustainable trails already built. Once closed its very difficult to get reopened .

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Obviously You haven’t been paying attention then. Lack of accommodations due to the pipeline, Access to renshaw is questionable for this year due to the bridge being damaged.

Not to mention Clemina access issues due to logging the last couple years , Chappell/miledge losing all the good area years ago to “caribou”, blue river’s logging and caribou issues as well, every riding area has problems, logging is whatever, people gotta eat and live and logging issues are usually temporary. It’s govt’s love for caribou and environmental $hit that sucks because that’s probably not coming back

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Obviously You haven’t been paying attention then. Lack of accommodations due to the pipeline, Access to renshaw is questionable for this year due to the bridge being damaged.
Lol if ya know where to go. Pretty big zone from McBride to Blue.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh I know where to go. Now do I know where I can stay??? Not at the moment like past years.
If ya got buddies working the p/l an they have cabin between Vale an McBride problems are minimal. Bridge being out has never prevented access for anyone that wants it. Bridge being out didn’t prevent tracked side x side from making the cabin.

Top Bottom