New BC closures for off-road use including snowmobiling.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh look….the other one is showing up now
1636705027530.jpeg

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Please note that this permitted exemption is NOT IN EFFECT UNTIL WE BEGIN GROOMING OPERATIONS,

It is good news sort of and thanks for getting something done prior to the opening of the season. My sceptical self tells me the above statement is odd. Why is this open ended and not a decisive date? This will just lead to confusion and non-compliance. Will "grooming operations" begin when the Snowcat is moved up the mountain to 6.5 km or will it be when there is actually a "ribbon" laid down all the way to the cabin? In my experience, there will not be any animals in the burn area yet and possibly all the way through the first winter!

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I don't get it either, it's open or it isn't open. I'm unable to grasp the thinking behind keeping it closed until they groom from the bottom, could be fricking January by that time. Ayou stated, there aren't any animals going to be frequenting the area until next year's new growth shows up.
And, if having a mandatory vaccine clinic at the end of the trail keeps the morons out, I'll gladly pay for the vaccine!! Look at the mess they made at Remembrance Day in Kelowna, nothing but losers....

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious what your solution at the bottom will be for the vaxers that will break the rules????

Very curious to hear your genius solutions

Legend14

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’d make a killing selling anti heart attack medicine at the bottom of any hill this year

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have to be vaccinated to ride sleds on trails now?

Sure hope not as I just spent a ton of money for sledding this year. Hate to not be able to go because of others that dont believe in an individual's choice

Would stop me though. Tons of places to ride without paying

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have to be vaccinated to ride sleds on trails now?
No, but a little common sense would go a long ways. And, I'm sure those that utilize the cabins every year would also appreciate a little common sense, something lacking for allot of things in this day and age...

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
permitted exemption is NOT IN EFFECT UNTIL WE BEGIN GROOMING OPERATIONS The question what is considered the beginning of grooming operations? In the past that always was the day trail collectors where there. The groomer may be parked up the mountain if low snow down low would damage it and you would drive up to where the groomer was parked.

What this couple running things now did last year, was not allow driving up and forced people to ride dirt and rock. Everyone we ride with had enough of ruining sleds and decided to pass on being a member and wait and see what kind of ch!t show this year would be. The the fire and now this makes us glad we did. lots of new to us areas to explore. Hopefully the Sicamous club gets the access issues sorted out someday because they are bigger than just this temp closure issue..

Top Bottom