need help with buying a sled

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i went and looked at the 2011 m8 today and am fairly impressed its 9500 for the sled 530 for taxes 400 for the finance fee and 200 for a tunnel polish total of $10630. $270 a month for 36 months with 630 down(finance fee and polish) the sled is white / orange is efi has reverse and comes with a 6 month full warrany. the warranty starts the day i take possession of the sled not when i buy it. i can take the sled right away or they will keep it in storage till no later then oct31(there fore the warrentee is good till april i'll be done sleding by then anyway). i still plan to go look at the skidoo but honestly i think it will be just a formality as im pretty sure im gonna go with the m8. i really don't think i want to pay 10000 (11,500 with all the taxes / fees) for a base model sled with the bigger engine plus skidoo's rebates right now is useless as i wouldn't want 6 months no payments

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
so i went and looked at the 2011 XP today and am fairly impressed its 9500 for the sled 530 for taxes 400 for the finance fee and 200 for a tunnel polish total of $10630. $270 a month for 36 months with 630 down(finance fee and polish) the sled is white / orange is E-TECH has reverse and comes with a 6 month full warrany. the warranty starts the day i take possession of the sled not when i buy it. i can take the sled right away or they will keep it in storage till no later then oct31(there fore the warrentee is good till april i'll be done sleding by then anyway). i still plan to go look at the CAT but honestly i think it will be just a formality as im pretty sure im gonna go with the XP. i really don't think i want to pay 10000 (11,500 with all the taxes / fees) for a base model sled with the bigger engine plus CAT'S rebates right now is useless as i wouldn't want 6 months no payments

Fixed it for you.... you're welcome. ;-)

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll sell you a 2012 800 Etec with 2 years warranty for $10,500 or in that neighbourhood.

thanks but if i buy a "new" sled i'll be financing comming up with 10k cash is a little hard to do when i just had put a 6k engine in my boat
from what ive looked at so far that is a good price tho so again thanks for the offer

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks but if i buy a "new" sled i'll be financing comming up with 10k cash is a little hard to do when i just had put a 6k engine in my boat
from what ive looked at so far that is a good price tho so again thanks for the offer
Your going to buy a 2 year older sled for more money than the Doo? Pretty sure you can get the 2013 for $10500 all in? Trent I know you can do it. We were selling them for that in the spring with 3 year warranty and electric start if my memory serves me right. Obviously the programs have changed from the spring promo. Do it big guy! Save him from going to the dark side. Lol.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont waste your time/money on a tunnel polish
sure lokks pretty but thats about it
a pain to maintain and it lasts for like 3 rides

look at the teaser for the new schooled vid, Burandt says something like "I laugh at the guys that show up with a polished tunnel and perfect hood!"
but its true .....

sure is A LOT of persuading for the doo I see .... heheh, I like it
hey if your dead set on the M8, thats fine
but it is kinda old tech, old chassy and so on and so on

there is LOTS of time before the snow flies even out west my man
you never know, a deal of the century might come up before then
look around and make a solid choice
especially if your financing with NO MONEY DOWN
and IMO, take it over a longer period, to have a smaller payment, IF you have the option of putting more against it w/out penalty
its always easier to make a smaller payment if you have a tough month and make more when you have a good month
plus its better for your overall debt ratios, should you have to finance something more important - like a new car/truck, or renew your mortgage (and if your not a homeowner yet, get your head out of your a$$ .. you dont need a sled that bad)
the second that sled is in the back of your truck, you basically lost a gnote

the 2013 w PTEK and I think I saw the conversion for the t-motion is only like $360???
less than a polished tunnel

take ur time dude, make the choice (and drink the doo-laide ;) )

Last edited:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
dont waste your time/money on a tunnel polish
sure lokks pretty but thats about it
a pain to maintain and it lasts for like 3 rides

look at the teaser for the new schooled vid, Burandt says something like "I laugh at the guys that show up with a polished tunnel and perfect hood!"
but its true .....

sure is A LOT of persuading for the doo I see .... heheh, I like it
hey if your dead set on the M8, thats fine
but it is kinda old tech, old chassy and so on and so on

there is LOTS of time before the snow flies even out west my man
you never know, a deal of the century might come up before then
look around and make a solid choice
especially if your financing with NO MONEY DOWN
and IMO, take it over a longer period, to have a smaller payment, IF you have the option of putting more against it w/out penalty
its always easier to make a smaller payment if you have a tough month and make more when you have a good month
plus its better for your overall debt ratios, should you have to finance something more important - like a new car/truck, or renew your mortgage (and if your not a homeowner yet, get your head out of your a$$ .. you dont need a sled that bad)
the second that sled is in the back of your truck, you basically lost a gnote

the 2013 w PTEK and I think I saw the conversion for the t-motion is only like $360???
less than a polished tunnel

take ur time dude, make the choice (and drink the doo-laide ;) )

Maybe Im a moron and didnt read properly... But there is no T-motion on any P-TEK... all E-tech now!

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe Im a moron and didnt read properly... But there is no T-motion on any P-TEK... all E-tech now!

no i meant he could buy the '13 Summit Sport, and convert to t motion (with the conversion kit) and still keep it under his $10k budget

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock my 11 m8 will beat an m1000 all day long, however do some exhaust upgrades on the 1000 and it wakes them right up, itll smoke m8's with exhaust upgrades. But buy the 11 m8, better handling, better track, lighter, more stock ponies, nicer seat etc. etc.

I've heard that the m8 will outperform the m1000.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk 2

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Omgoodness UD. I'm sorry. I am sorry for coming off in the complete wrong way. Balance is awesome. I think you understand what my point was. I'll not bring it up again. You guys are passionate about your sleds. Cool.

When I joined this site years ago I had a situation with an old sled. It was my son's birthday party, he wanted a sledding party but my old powder special bit the crapper. Awesome people from this site walked me through the things to do, and by about 2:00pm with the help of this community, I had the sled going. I picked up all the birthday kids, and gave my son the party he wanted.
Point being. This community of sledders doesn't have to be divided because of brands. If we all work together we are stronger. Not saying that your points about doos are not valid. Not in any way shape or form. I just ask for balance, and an awareness of what is being presented. I would love it if other women felt comfortable to post up their trouble shooting problems, without fear of being ridiculed for having purchased "the wrong sled".
Dean and I banter back and forth. My brother Kurt worked for Bombardier for a long time and we went back and forth while I rode Cat. This can get a little more out of hand here than simple chiding, again NOT you in specific. Just generally speaking.

I will say no more, and when that kind of poo starts flinging, I'll avoid it like the rest of the people are starting to do.

Trish :)

Nope Trish...youre wrong. Skidoos are better. Its a scientific fact. We are right, the rest of you guys are wrong. Until EVERYONE is riding a skidoo, we are not going to stop.

Now get crunching some numbers T team so we can stop this man from making the worst mistake of his life.

:)

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope Trish...youre wrong. Skidoos are better. Its a scientific fact. We are right, the rest of you guys are wrong. Until EVERYONE is riding a skidoo, we are not going to stop.

Now get crunching some numbers T team so we can stop this man from making the worst mistake of his life.

I read it on snow and mud so it has to be true haha but honestly does brp oil have an additive that effects the brain?

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
no i meant he could buy the '13 Summit Sport, and convert to t motion (with the conversion kit) and still keep it under his $10k budget

360 dollars is just going to get you the rear skid components.... The whole point of t-motion is to go with the flex edge track. Jus sayin!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm just going to make sure the kids don't drink Uncle Dean's Doo-Laid!!

Top Bottom