need help with buying a sled

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing the doo guys saying stay away from the M series cause its old technology but it is efi, smooth throttle pull, awesome reliable motor and great handling. Isnt the sport xp old technology and old chassiss? Carbed ptek, less hp, old running boards, no flex track or tmotion, no restyled narrower hood panels, does it have the lower shorter seat? Sounds to me like the sport xp is outdated. Steer real clear of that water buffalo xp mallard! Youll enjoy that m8 waaaay more

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well fawk...... I guess I really do have to sell the M8, from the sounds of it in this thread I was further ahead with my 98 summit s-chassis....

Basically...yes. The s chassis also had a vert post so much better steering. But I suppose the suspension lacks compared to the new m8s. And the obvious power increase vs the 670.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing the doo guys saying stay away from the M series cause its old technology but it is efi, smooth throttle pull, awesome reliable motor and great handling. Isnt the sport xp old technology and old chassiss? Carbed ptek, less hp, old running boards, no flex track or tmotion, no restyled narrower hood panels, does it have the lower shorter seat? Sounds to me like the sport xp is outdated. Steer real clear of that water buffalo xp mallard! Youll enjoy that m8 waaaay more

I'm not going to feed you troll. Well ok maybe a bit.

M chassis -- 2003-2004 derived from a lengthened version of the firecat. Xp chassis-- 2008 with 4 years of revision and refinement to 2012.

Yes its carbd. The carb model sleds are bulletproof and run amazing. Clean throttle and powercurve throughout. No hesitations or misses like with the cat efi. Throttle pull...meh cats efo throttle pull is not much different compared to a carbd sled and is no where near etec throttle pull. A carbd ptek makes the same hp as your m8 and has a much better track and more surface area to put it to the ground.

Narrow panels? Have you looked at an m8? Boatttt. There is nothing refined about the body on an m8 other than they built a chassis and put a bubble hooodd over it. The sport xp pannels are way more refined and narrower than the m8. His budget is 10g. Not 15000 so why are you comparing an xm?

Yes the sport xp is outdated compared to the 2013xm that hasn't even hit the snow yet. Good work sherlock. But the m8 is 4 more outdated no matter what way you look at it.

Either way it doesn't matter, he is happy with his decision, is in his budget, and has a new sled that he will enjoy so no sense arguing about it.

Enjoy your new sled mallard! No matter what any of us say none of us can outride any model of sled so what does it matter anyways LOL

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brp doesn't need oil. It that good. LOOOOOOOOOL

Well not needing oil must be the next step, I mean cat tried with the pro climb beginning of last season and it turned out well I heard;) I'd say if u can get a new etec under 10k do it otherwise the m8 is a good choice, I love my M8's they're a blast and the handling is what I learned on so it's perfect but my buddies freeride pisses me off everytime we high mark and I probably have video to back it up but me on his 54 compared to my 62 I get 50ft higher everytime with the doo and then the swearing starts, I can kill the etec in the trees but that's because of my being used to the m chassis when we rode eachothers machines we both look stupid but when he's on his etec and I'm on my m we both go the same places and he tosses his xp around like it's nothing I love lippin off the doo sleds just because the doo pride has become as outspoken as the rainbow parade but truth be told the new etec brought reliability back to the doo motor and the innovations in the xm are definitely intriguing. With your choices I'd say go m8 put a set of mod rods boards on it(best mod to mine dollar for dollar) add some frog skins and a can and enjoy your pull and go fun

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to feed you troll. Well ok maybe a bit.

M chassis -- 2003-2004 derived from a lengthened version of the firecat. Xp chassis-- 2008 with 4 years of revision and refinement to 2012.

Yes its carbd. The carb model sleds are bulletproof and run amazing. Clean throttle and powercurve throughout. No hesitations or misses like with the cat efi. Throttle pull...meh cats efo throttle pull is not much different compared to a carbd sled and is no where near etec throttle pull. A carbd ptek makes the same hp as your m8 and has a much better track and more surface area to put it to the ground.

Narrow panels? Have you looked at an m8? Boatttt. There is nothing refined about the body on an m8 other than they built a chassis and put a bubble hooodd over it. The sport xp pannels are way more refined and narrower than the m8. His budget is 10g. Not 15000 so why are you comparing an xm?

Yes the sport xp is outdated compared to the 2013xm that hasn't even hit the snow yet. Good work sherlock. But the m8 is 4 more outdated no matter what way you look at it.

Either way it doesn't matter, he is happy with his decision, is in his budget, and has a new sled that he will enjoy so no sense arguing about it.

Enjoy your new sled mallard! No matter what any of us say none of us can outride any model of sled so what does it matter anyways LOL

me the troll? Lol, i threw that bait msg out there knowing youd come to feed, now just waitin for the baby doo trolls to jump in too, snopro where ya at?I disrespectfully disagree with ur findings nancy drew,,,the carbed xp does not make as much hp stock as an 11 m8 And i didnt compare the panels on the m8 to the xp, i could pick apart a few more things but ya itd just be round and round, no thx. READ my posts before misconstruing them in ur own words like a passive agressive crazy ex gf. Oh ya and i dont have a cat anymore there murder she wrote, im all polaris for this year

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
me the troll? Lol, i threw that bait msg out there knowing youd come to feed, now just waitin for the baby doo trolls to jump in too, snopro where ya at?I disrespectfully disagree with ur findings nancy drew,,,the carbed xp does not make as much hp stock as an 11 m8 And i didnt compare the panels on the m8 to the xp, i could pick apart a few more things but ya itd just be round and round, no thx. READ my posts before misconstruing them in ur own words like a passive agressive crazy ex gf. Oh ya and i dont have a cat anymore there murder she wrote, im all polaris for this year

Seat of pants dyno says m8 makes no more hp that a ptek skidoo. What cat tells you on there website is maybe a bit diffrent since they dynoed there ported high compression version.

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys are awesome going to martins now ill have my desision soon. t-team did contact me but like most dealers theres a lot of talk and "what i can doo for you" but no numbers and right now (just before my signature goes on paper) numbers are the most important

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
you guys are awesome going to martins now ill have my desision soon. t-team did contact me but like most dealers theres a lot of talk and "what i can doo for you" but no numbers and right now (just before my signature goes on paper) numbers are the most important

go see T-Team (Trent) at Martin South Jerome.

Top Bottom