My enclosed and SXS got stolen Friday for a few mins.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lunch time on Friday my wife calls and asks if I came home and picked up the trailer, of course I did not.

She remote started the vehicle in the driveway and went to pick up our daughter at school, noticed the tongue lock laying by the trailer and figured I forgot to put it on the day before. When she got back 15 mins later the trailer was gone.

I came home and we put it on facebook, the radio etc. Was found shortly after not even 1 km from my house, after he got it on the road he must have had the wrong size ball and the weight of the RZR in the back of the trailer must have made the trailer lift off and disconnect as he accelerated, it was sitting on the side of the road, laying on the tongue.

We got it jacked up and I hooked up to it and hauled it home, Cant see any damage. Looks like the guy hit the lock with a hammer to break the locking mechanism, loaded it and even took the wheel chock.

Very happy day for me as I had no insurance on the trailer. I was just thinking a few days ago that it wasn't insured but than I forgot about it.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man were lucky half these criminal are dumber then a bag of ****. Imagine how much stuff would go missing if they had even had half a brain. Glad you got your stuff back!

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah the thing is .. you cant just do a latch lock.... you have to do the latch lock and also a lock that sits inside where the ball goes and then a wheel lock on EACH wheel.... this is what i do.... when they see 4 locks they move on.... i mean if they really want it they will get it... just bring in a helicopter and lift it on a flat deck i guess... lol

but you get the point... the more
with one lock they just laugh at you...

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I renewed the insurance Friday afternoon. I used to keep a few locks on it but it was a pita when I'm using it often. I guess if they want it that bad they are going to have it.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it back ... I know in our area things at at s boiling point with stolen stuff. Face book buy & sell is overrun with stolen chit... It's pretty sad really . We are going to see See some shootings start pretty soon, people ( honest) have had about enough....

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I saw you picking it up. There was a cop parked behind you. Glad you got it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it back ... I know in our area things at at s boiling point with stolen stuff. Face book buy & sell is overrun with stolen chit... It's pretty sad really . We are going to see See some shootings start pretty soon, people ( honest) have had about enough....

People/thieves are dumb enough to sell stolen chit on Facebook?

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah the thing is .. you cant just do a latch lock.... you have to do the latch lock and also a lock that sits inside where the ball goes and then a wheel lock on EACH wheel.... this is what i do.... when they see 4 locks they move on.... i mean if they really want it they will get it... just bring in a helicopter and lift it on a flat deck i guess... lol

but you get the point... the more
with one lock they just laugh at you...

If all the locks are on the tongue, it is simple enough to take out the two bolts holding the tongue and replace with a new one from the Princess.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I saw you picking it up. There was a cop parked behind you. Glad you got it back.

As I was picking it up I was thinking all these people driving by are probably thinking " look at that idiot who cant hook up a trailer".

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If all the locks are on the tongue, it is simple enough to take out the two bolts holding the tongue and replace with a new one from the Princess.

A regular hammer, slide hammer and a cordless grinder with zip wheel defeats about any lock. About the only way I can see to keep your stuff is insurance and a hidden GPS.

KermitZx6r

Reaction score
It would be a pita to do always. But wouldn't having some sort of rod/steel tubing passing through both wheels with some sort of locking mechanism be a pretty good theft deterrent. Hitch locks are almost pointless in my opinion. Back up to trailer, chain/ratchet trap the tongue to your hitch. Get out of site, knock the locks off the tongue and hook up properly. If the wheels can't turn, she's gonna be a bitch to move.

RMKRookie

Reaction score
Sometimes that does not deter - had my flat deck with two tongue locks and chains locked to concrete with rebar loops, chain on back and no rims on trailer - went missing between 8 and 9 am on a busy residential street: cops figure they cut chains and put it on a flat deck - trailer was homebuilt for two quads and was not light.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need another septic tank hole left open ??

Top Bottom