Muskoka Freerider

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love watching the videos.......no longer have any interest in that kind of riding. Was fun 15 years ago; now it's just fawkin' work.
I hear ya but more like 25 years for me. I love watching the vids but have zero interest riding with those guys.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya but more like 25 years for me. I love watching the vids but have zero interest riding with those guys.

its pretty cool, stress myself out all week at work then go drop into some Sh*t hole and stress out about how im going to get myself out of the pickle i purposely put myself into

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its pretty cool, stress myself out all week at work then go drop into some Sh*t hole and stress out about how im going to get myself out of the pickle i purposely put myself into
was thinking the same thing. No thanks

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Think how stressed I’d be with my lack of talent...only in my dreams at this stage in life.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even better when less skilled people drop in and then you have to stress about getting them out
I was thinking the same. I get around great. I’m a ski puller not a ski pull receiver. I don’t like to help weaker riders out of those predicaments anymore. Older. Ruins me old knees for a day or two. Working and walking in deep snow.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same. I get around great. I’m a ski puller not a ski pull receiver. I don’t like to help weaker riders out of those predicaments anymore. Older. Ruins me old knees for a day or two. Working and walking in deep snow.
Our group is a pretty solid bunch of riders. Haven't been anywhere we can't get out of yet.

Rode with some guys that had "ridden lots" a couple years ago. Was a sheet show. We had to hike down to a guy, manually turn his sled around on the ledge he got himself down to, and then I ended up riding his sled back up - a pull I certainly wouldn't have tried if not out of necessity.

Try to stick to our normal group, or guys with better skills these days. The only exception being when wives are along. Although we have been know to leave them at the cabin to warm up, and get stuck in a drainage for a couple hours, just outside of radio range 😂

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watched his year in review last night. Pretty obvious his sled of choice is the doo turbo. The 9r footage is pretty boring compared to the Tdoo footage. At the sled show he said he bought a 146 turbo Lynx for this year and the 9r will be a back up sled.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watched his year in review last night. Pretty obvious his sled of choice is the doo turbo. The 9r footage is pretty boring compared to the Tdoo footage. At the sled show he said he bought a 146 turbo Lynx for this year and the 9r will be a back up sled.
I quite enjoyed his 146 footage in previous years. Turbo R 146 is going to be fun to watch.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the comments on his video from a month ago:

1699232299443.png

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just can’t do re entries etc. as easily on the longer track sleds.
I think riding with Caleb probably changed that perspective as well. Caleb has 4 different sleds, 2 of them are 9R 165 and boost 165. He jumps and whips those sleds around better than most would on a 146 or 155.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

100%. watching NA sled videos now is just plain boring, watching someone struggle isnt entertaining to me LOL. The turbo sleds move so fast its actually entertaining, and especially the 165 the way it makes ground speed on top of deep snow compared to even the 154. I remember when Kyle came and rode with Muskoka last year on a 800 stocker, i just felt bad for the guy and hes a wicked rider

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I listened to the sledder cast podcast the other day with Matt on it and he said his ideal sled would be a polaris chassis with a doo motor in it.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw him post a comment where he said the Doo for deeper days and the Poo for the not so deep, technical stuff. I wonder if the Series 9 track will even that up a bit? I think a 146 with the heavy weight of the Lynx will be a mistake, especially if we get a deep snow year.

Top Bottom