My G5 build, fixing doo’s shortcomings and creating the perfect monster.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I have ran the powder freaks as well and they are good but Avid reconfigured their tooling and they are timed perfectly and are very quiet with no vibration. Not sure what I am gonna do this year with the driveshaft, probably the fix, talked to some guys last year that swapped out several due to cracking beside the weld on the edge and I will tell you that anyone with a lynx has to run a different configuration because of the width of the gears I think, its definitely different, but the doo is just the regular 22 shaft I believe, I guess i am saying do your research as the driveshafts are not cheap!

shafty85

Reaction score
I have ran the powder freaks as well and they are good but Avid reconfigured their tooling and they are timed perfectly and are very quiet with no vibration. Not sure what I am gonna do this year with the driveshaft, probably the fix, talked to some guys last year that swapped out several due to cracking beside the weld on the edge and I will tell you that anyone with a lynx has to run a different configuration because of the width of the gears I think, its definitely different, but the doo is just the regular 22 shaft I believe, I guess i am saying do your research as the driveshafts are not cheap!
No, driveshafts ain’t cheap at all and neither are chaincases, which is why I want to try and do the fix that will be most cost effective and get the job done. Hopefully with the beefier chain/sprockets the ‘24s are supposedly coming with that’ll at least deal with that side of things.

With the drive shafts you were hearing about cracking, were the guys running ‘22 shafts or the quick-change (‘23)?

shafty85

Reaction score
Emailed back and forth with Tom from tki yesterday. Sounds like I’ll be going with their fix - will do it on the wife’s n/a and my incoming turbo when it arrives. He’s also selling some gear oil now with it as an option that supposedly reduces wear and noise and is what race boats use in their gearboxes - keen to see what that looks like. Only takes 10oz compared to the oem oil spec of 12oz or it gets pushed out the breather tube?

Top Bottom