Muskoka Freerider

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw him post a comment where he said the Doo for deeper days and the Poo for the not so deep, technical stuff. I wonder if the Series 9 track will even that up a bit? I think a 146 with the heavy weight of the Lynx will be a mistake, especially if we get a deep snow year.
If he lets Benny clutch his Lynx it will make huge difference on where it will go. Have to remember the doo and Lynx have there skids moved way back compared to the poo. A 146 Lynx is as long as a 154 poo.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw him post a comment where he said the Doo for deeper days and the Poo for the not so deep, technical stuff. I wonder if the Series 9 track will even that up a bit? I think a 146 with the heavy weight of the Lynx will be a mistake, especially if we get a deep snow year.

a lynx is a mistake in any snow LOL

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of them come with the 46mm shocks.

Most people probably dont care, but they should put those on the freeride.

Screenshot_20231106_104236_Samsung Internet.jpg

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
question is… how long to swap that skid and track now?

I guess the gearing and clutching would need work too…

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If he lets Benny clutch his Lynx it will make huge difference on where it will go. Have to remember the doo and Lynx have there skids moved way back compared to the poo. A 146 Lynx is as long as a 154 poo.
Other than fast spin up of the track, moving the skid back seems pointless as the manueverability of a short track sled is lost and the weight on the skis is increased.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Other than fast spin up of the track, moving the skid back seems pointless as the manueverability of a short track sled is lost and the weight on the skis is increased.
Weight on the skis?? These new sleds don’t even need skis.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s interesting you say that bc I’m mediocre at best but the 2 lynx I rode did not impress me compared to the doo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea, dont get me wrong its a cool machine. And for the guys that really huck it and take advantage of the big suspension its deffinetly the ticket. The G5 doo is not built as tough as that machine. Not even close.

But for 95% of us the Gen5 will outperform it in stock configuration all day long. Just purely due to the extra weight (30+lbs) and narrower track that the lynx has.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea, dont get me wrong its a cool machine. And for the guys that really huck it and take advantage of the big suspension its deffinetly the ticket. The G5 doo is not built as tough as that machine. Not even close.

But for 95% of us the Gen5 will outperform it in stock configuration all day long. Just purely due to the extra weight (30+lbs) and narrower track that the lynx has.
Even the G4 lynx they came out with first was the same. I rode the banner demo'd right when they got releasef and it felt like a heavy machine, I was on a 2018 162 ascender at the time....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even the G4 lynx they came out with first was the same. I rode the banner demo'd right when they got releasef and it felt like a heavy machine, I was on a 2018 162 ascender at the time....

yup, you can jump betwen the cat, G4, axys and they all feel similar, you can FEEL the weigh of the Lynx.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Matt seems to have come around to appreciating the longer tracks. The young guys will find out the hard way what many of us seasoned riders learned a long time ago. Only difference is more power and traction from shorter tracks these days. Still, floatation is flotation.

If I wanted to struggle for 8 hours I’d just go
To work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
146's are a lot of fun in the right conditions. Deep pow isnt the right conditions for a 146.

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I wanted to struggle for 8 hours I’d just go
To work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Isn’t struggling kinda what got you hooked on mountain riding in the first place? If it was super easy those first few trips do you think you’d of gotten hooked? I think that’s what got me hooked. Fell in love with the challenge. If I wanted easy sledding I would have never ventured off the prairies.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a lynx is a mistake in any snow LOL
You think so. I pretty much fell in love with the rear skid. Stand in the foot holes it climbs flat jump back and it loops out. Was a 165. Not sure I would go shorter. Found it to be a lot more fluid than the stock g4 turbos in group

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alot of truth to this.we ride mod elans around home in the Alberta creeks for the same principle
146's are a lot of fun in the right conditions. Deep pow isnt the right conditions for a 14
Isn’t struggling kinda what got you hooked on mountain riding in the first place? If it was super easy those first few trips do you think you’d of gotten hooked? I think that’s what got me hooked. Fell in love with the challenge. If I wanted easy sledding I would have never ventured off the prairies.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

that was a part of it for me when i first started and was younger, im not sure how seasoned you are but for a guy like me its the adventure/exploring that hooks me, and now in my old age its all about conserving energy so i can go for a beer at the end of the day and not pass out at the table.

Top Bottom