Muskoka Freerider

5Lgreenback

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So whats the latest is he sold on the Poo, keeping his Doo? or waiting till the end of season to give his opinion?

5Lgreenback

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you been following his vids? Do you get the impression he likes one more than the other?

Just curious,! They are both out of my price range anyways!

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you been following his vids? Do you get the impression he likes one more than the other?

Just curious,! They are both out of my price range anyways!
He gives very little in the way of commentary on the two sleds.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I get is he likes the Polaris gauge and how it holds a sidehill and the lighter weight. He likes the SHOT, the throttle response and smooth power of the Doo. I think that’s why he ordered one of each again for next year. Good things from both platforms.

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He's sidehills up some pretty steep ground pretty regular, and he likes the way the poo holds an edge...

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
What I get is he likes the Polaris gauge and how it holds a sidehill and the lighter weight. He likes the SHOT, the throttle response and smooth power of the Doo. I think that’s why he ordered one of each again for next year. Good things from both platforms.
That's exactly it. They all have their pros and cons. Which ever sled fills the pro column the most is the one for you and your riding. Cat gets lots of hate with their "10 year old chassis" but they have made lots of changes to it and the 22 cats work pretty damn well also. If you have 3 equally skilled riders on the comparable machine from each manufacturer they will all end up in the same place at the end of the day.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's exactly it. They all have their pros and cons. Which ever sled fills the pro column the most is the one for you and your riding. Cat gets lots of hate with their "10 year old chassis" but they have made lots of changes to it and the 22 cats work pretty damn well also. If you have 3 equally skilled riders on the comparable machine from each manufacturer the CAT will end up in the same place BY the end of the day.

fixed

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
If they bring out a 3.5 pitch twin rail and turbo this year they will be right in there with Poo and Doo. I base my comparison in Fernie though. Fernie isn't really the place that a turbo shines any way. Trees are pretty tight and not enough room to let them breathe. A turbo will pull a sweet line here and there but usually isn't needed all day.

I can't comment on how they do in revy type riding.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they bring out a 3.5 pitch twin rail and turbo this year they will be right in there with Poo and Doo. I base my comparison in Fernie though. Fernie isn't really the place that a turbo shines any way. Trees are pretty tight and not enough room to let them breathe. A turbo will pull a sweet line here and there but usually isn't needed all day.

I can't comment on how they do in revy type riding.

the cats do work well. You are right, if they add some power we are in trouble forsure

Top Bottom