Muskoka Freerider

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can see for a brief second he ends up on spirit lake. Likely up the creek as mentioned above

sorry, not spirit lake, the swamp below it that we went to a few years back

although im not sure how the heck you get to the base of that from any road

Yep, I seen the black water meadows, but the first of the vid does not jive with the rest of it. They drove up a trail???

Years ago when dore was actually open, I rode there exclusively.
I remember driving into dore and the was a huge avy runoff that you had to drive over and it was on the right as you came into it. The trail at the first looks like that, I could be wrong, but it’s seemed familiar.

Maybe the went into spirit the other way??? And didn’t stage on mtn road. I’ve heard about it but I have not done it, I can’t remember the name either, I think you have to go up pas the bell turnoff.

Last edited:

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
isnt that pulloff where a guy on here was talking about shoving his class A last winter?

Funny you mention that the video doesn't "jive"... maybe theres more camera work happening that we give him credit for... someone here says they don't see his truck in the boulder lot much during the day....

I'm jelly, would love to tag along with Matt for a day of adventure!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So correct me if I’m wrong? The timeline is a bit confusing. So they did an all nighter on Boulder. Then had a short sleep and drove non stop to McBride to ride one day? We’re they driving back to Revy that night?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, I seen the black water meadows, but the first of the vid does not jive with the rest of it. They drove up a trail???

I remember driving into dore and the was a huge avy runoff that you had to drive over and it was on the right as you came into it. The trail at the first looks like that, I could be wrong, but it’s seemed familiar.

Maybe the went into spirit the other way??? And didn’t stage on mtn road. I’ve heard about it but I have not done it, I can’t remember the name either, I think you have to go up pas the bell turnoff.

yea, there is also a waterfall you can go up from the otherside of spirit lake. That could be it as there is a cutblock directly below it. I havent done it but im sure its possible. Weird thing is you have to go up the morkill river road to access that which is 50km past mcbride. If i was coming from revy youd be better off just taking the groomed trail lol the morkill acess road would be about 50km on sled vs 30 aswell. But i guess no challenge in taking the groomed trail

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea, there is also a waterfall you can go up from the otherside of spirit lake. That could be it as there is a cutblock directly below it. I havent done it but im sure its possible. Weird thing is you have to go up the morkill river road to access that which is 50km past mcbride. If i was coming from revy youd be better off just taking the groomed trail lol the morkill acess road would be about 50km on sled vs 30 aswell. But i guess no challenge in taking the groomed trail

Morkill, that’s the road I was trying to think of.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Looks like some anthills and around by ghost lake in some of it.
That alder trail looks very familiar and not looking like South Dore to me.
There is another out of the way place with Alders and creek climbing but the open meadows don't add up other than east of spirit towards Alberta border north of MT Pauline.
SD is plowed to km11 so you would drive a ways in off of road.

Only a GPS pin can confirm 100%

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There should be a facebook group dedicated to sleuthing where he rides every day based on the videos and other tracking data.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool spot
1645212780478.png

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

There is a road up to crescent spur that will end up at just past spirit lake.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes that type of riding is way to technical for my waning skills these days. Knees aren’t up to the task of hop overs and the like

Top Bottom