Moderators ?

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it's a lot easier to remove one person that's having the problems with multiple others...

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There may a bit chaffe ok maybe quite a bit of chaffe on this site. But it sure help me over the last 1 ½ years with a lot of different topics from technical issues, riding condition to riding partners. Just ask a question there is a whole lot of smart f#ckers that will give you serious advise. Sure there is a few no it alls that chirp in but show me a place where there isn't on the web or in real life its up to the you to sort that out.

Last edited:

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a lot to be said about being able to joke around and having some fun and not be so serious all the time. I wouldn't be on here if it was just straight to the point no fun questions asked and just awnsers.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See how this is getting off track so fast?
Nothing wrong at all with the site it self.
Lots of good topics for all.
What I am getting again is why after someone asks good info the topic goes good for a few posts and then goes completely sideways with no moderating?
Like Keith B. has said , but there is a lot more smart fellas that would give out info if things could be clean up a bit.
I miss others that used to commented on this site but left for the said reasons.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See how this is getting off track so fast?
Nothing wrong at all with the site it self.
Lots of good topics for all.
What I am getting again is why after someone asks good info the topic goes good for a few posts and then goes completely sideways with no moderating?
Like Keith B. has said , but there is a lot more smart fellas that would give out info if things could be clean up a bit.
I miss others that used to commented on this site but left for the said reasons.

I nominate pfi572 for Moderator

all in favor?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, 50,000+ members but when I do the birthday posts, of the people who have their birthdays listed, it is consistently above 95% for the numbers of Newbies. That is members with 10 or fewer posts.

Would more NewbiesStarters participate if the information was more informative? I don't know........obviously pfi572 thinks so.:confused:

Thanks fernie
I don't know either but I think a few more might if the more informative topics could keep going without being derail so often and so soon?
The Mods are smart fellas and can see the more informative posts from the others.
Lots for everyone I would think?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
moderateing is a thankless job....
Understatement at best, we remove a problem thread then we see there new threads start about the problem thread. Yes we over look alot of stuff, but as Lyle already said, we all work full-time jobs too. Changes are coming, more team members hopefully and maybe some problem removals

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I have no friends, I am only here for the highjacked threads and the useless discussion
Thanks.jpg

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of the treads on here are like watching a TV show 1/3rd of it does not pertain to topic

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Orderly Conduct

It is the responsibility of a moderator to maintain order during discussions and to see to it that all participants behave with courtesy. Forums involve the exchange of ideas whereby participants air their views and sometimes engage in debates about the identified topics. Therefore, there is a possibility of the discussion becoming unruly particularly where the forum topic is controversial. Moderators order the forum by keeping the discussion civil and constructive. They share the rules of the forum, which may prohibit abusive language, derogatory comments and such other offensive behavior.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
From The Moderation Team:

Good Day Ladies and Gents.
On behalf of snowandmud.com I would like to thank everyone for participating on the site. Without you we do not exist.

There seems to be a bit of confusion as to what is acceptable and what is not acceptable on the site at times. Let me try to clear a few things up.

1. At no time is the “F” (sex word) word acceptable on the site in written or in a posted image anywhere.

2. At no time is the “C” (lady part) word acceptable on the site in written or as a posted image anywhere.

3. Most swear words are frowned upon but we try to be fair, however if you use a bad word or post images with swear words Mods may remove the post, no explanation is required.

4. Nude images are not allowed, please use reasonable judgement when posting images your sexy images.

5. Images or words that are deemed to be for discrimination purposes in any way will be deleted, no explanation is needed.

6. Personal threats are unacceptable!

7. The section “Tailgate” is meant to have a little more playful environment. Most topics are handled well by the Peeps. If someone offends you on one of the threads in this area, please take it as “in fun” and remember what area you are in. Watch your language, but again we are a bit more forgiving. If a valuable topic is started and goes off the rails we may move it to a more appropriate area, this is at the judgement of the Mods.

8. The section “Just About Anything Goes” is similar to Tailgate but is open to the public. We ask that you use much more respect, but have fun.

9. All other areas are meant to be for more serous conversations. Please do not go off topic, do not harass, do not start fights, do not impose your personal opinion unless it appears to be what is being asked for. Basically keep on topic and be civil so people with Real First World Problems can ask the questions, and get reasonable answers.

10. We know some peeps do not like Mods or like when we make a decisions and don’t explain why. We’ve tried explaining and it never goes well. We have lots of rules and seldom use them unless absolutely called for. When we do it’s not fair to call out the Mods or start another similar thread just to get a reaction. We ask that you not take personally, because it’s not, and work with us to make this site get better every day.

We as Mods try not to interfere with posts, as many of you know we are quite active on the site as well. We have had numerous concerns raised regarding the direction this site is going, some are not happy with it, others are. As everyone knows, you can’t please everyone, but we try our best to create a fun and safe area to hang out.

I welcome your thoughts, feedback and input on this post, please comment openly within the thread or send me, Ron or Tyler a PM.
Even though this is in Tailgate or Just About Anything Goes, please consider this a serious post.

Thanks to Everyone

Life is good in "Da Hood"

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Understatement at best, we remove a problem thread then we see there new threads start about the problem thread. Yes we over look alot of stuff, but as Lyle already said, we all work full-time jobs too. Changes are coming, more team members hopefully and maybe some problem removals
And fix the site please.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From The Moderation Team:

Good Day Ladies and Gents.
On behalf of snowandmud.com I would like to thank everyone for participating on the site. Without you we do not exist.

There seems to be a bit of confusion as to what is acceptable and what is not acceptable on the site at times. Let me try to clear a few things up.

1. At no time is the “F” (sex word) word acceptable on the site in written or in a posted image anywhere.

2. At no time is the “C” (lady part) word acceptable on the site in written or as a posted image anywhere.

3. Most swear words are frowned upon but we try to be fair, however if you use a bad word or post images with swear words Mods may remove the post, no explanation is required.

4. Nude images are not allowed, please use reasonable judgement when posting images your sexy images.

5. Images or words that are deemed to be for discrimination purposes in any way will be deleted, no explanation is needed.

6. Personal threats are unacceptable!

7. The section “Tailgate” is meant to have a little more playful environment. Most topics are handled well by the Peeps. If someone offends you on one of the threads in this area, please take it as “in fun” and remember what area you are in. Watch your language, but again we are a bit more forgiving. If a valuable topic is started and goes off the rails we may move it to a more appropriate area, this is at the judgement of the Mods.

8. The section “Just About Anything Goes” is similar to Tailgate but is open to the public. We ask that you use much more respect, but have fun.

9. All other areas are meant to be for more serous conversations. Please do not go off topic, do not harass, do not start fights, do not impose your personal opinion unless it appears to be what is being asked for. Basically keep on topic and be civil so people with Real First World Problems can ask the questions, and get reasonable answers.

10. We know some peeps do not like Mods or like when we make a decisions and don’t explain why. We’ve tried explaining and it never goes well. We have lots of rules and seldom use them unless absolutely called for. When we do it’s not fair to call out the Mods or start another similar thread just to get a reaction. We ask that you not take personally, because it’s not, and work with us to make this site get better every day.

We as Mods try not to interfere with posts, as many of you know we are quite active on the site as well. We have had numerous concerns raised regarding the direction this site is going, some are not happy with it, others are. As everyone knows, you can’t please everyone, but we try our best to create a fun and safe area to hang out.

I welcome your thoughts, feedback and input on this post, please comment openly within the thread or send me, Ron or Tyler a PM.
Even though this is in Tailgate or Just About Anything Goes, please consider this a serious post.

Thanks to Everyone

Life is good in "Da Hood"

I for one think the Mods are doing an excellent job. If a thread derails, oh well. It keeps the site entertaining.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think the mods do a decent job, it would be tough and thankless usually. But if you know that and still stick your hand up, don't be using that as an excuse when it actually gets tough. Lots of favouritism has been very evident, cause mods have buddies that say stoopid $hit, in fact , at times the mods have dove into the cesspool of stupid themselves, and that's just human nature I guess. Thankfully , I've never done or said anything that brought me close to the line :) but man some of you guys needed to be smacked for some of the dumb crap you posted !!
But , I do think there should be a rule 11, A new section , labelled, NUDITY and VULGARITY !!!!!!!! Or the like.
as soon as you open it , a big flashing message says , if you proceed you may see boobies, bums and swearing , IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT. Or find it offensive ....... Go back , DON'T PROCEED., and then bitch cause you saw something you believe is offensive.
You know, Like expect people to be responsible for their own actions, and if they are younger, let's let their parents handle those kids, I know I know , God forbid we would expect a parent to deal with his own children, weird eh.

Top Bottom