Boulder Cabin, the new mile high club!

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This past weekend was an awesome early ride for my group, great early snow conditions, decent weather and overall our sleds ran great. We sign in and out at the cabin like we are supposed to but on friday when my bud signed us out he said that there was 4 or 5 guys smoking pot in the cabin, said it reeked horribly. Unfortunately he told me this on the way home and I lost my s/!t which maybe was wise because if I knew at the time there would have been some loosers getting there asses kicked right out that front door. This leads me to many questions, what makes them think that they have the right to lite up in the cabin, what were they thinking? Does the cabin clearly state inside that there is to be no smoking, drinking or coarse language? No smoking means no smoking of anything does it not? So what has to happen now that weed is legal, should these scum be allowed anywhere near the cabin smoking there joints? Can they stand outside on the balcony and lite up? This is a cabin that quite often has young children in and around it, what should the ruling be? Also you have these people getting stoned and driving around the hill baked outta there minds, are they going to hurt an innocent person?, absolutely its just a matter of time, or better yet going down to thier vehicles and driving home endangering more people just in an 8000 pound weapon intead of a 600 pound one. I think that the snomobile clubs need to enforce something but better yet I call upon any civil person that encounters any of this lunacy to stop it immediately, there has to be many more responsible snowmobilers than there is scumbag pothead loosers that call themselves snomobilers. I want a zero tolerance around the cabins myself and there is no excuse or exeption to make it acceptable, I cant stop anyone from smoking on the hill but I guess I think that they deserve whatever happens to them as long as they dont kill someone else in the meantime. There is some very important sponsers that will want no part of this pot problem I am sure so lets band together and nip this early if possible, unfortunately this is one of millions of problems that are going to arise in our future, mark my words, cant wait to hear your opinions but please think of this as a post to raise awareness and keep this problem of our future at bay, we have enough people trying to take our riding areas away, lets not give them any more reasons please..... Rant over.

Im sure i will get some hate for this reply but whatever. first things first, no one should ever smoke weed or cigarettes or anything in the cabin. But when you say these guys are endangering peopl eon the hill or driving after they sled and putting people at risk i think your crazy. i will guess that 75% or more of the guys sledding in the back coutry are riding with beer or some kind of alcohol. weed isnt new so if you look up statistic on how many accidents there has been with alcohol involved compared to weed let alone any drug, the alcohol out weighs it by alot. im guessing youve had a few beers here and there on the mountain or some alcoholic drink so maybe before you rant on weed being legal and it being smoked and how everyone id doomed, the alcohol should looked upon. weed is legal but im pretty sure its like alcohol where as you can not consume it in public. all im getting at is everyone looks at weed as the devils drug when alcohol is far worse for you. im also not a regular user of weed so thats not my reason for defending it.

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sure i will get some hate for this reply but whatever. first things first, no one should ever smoke weed or cigarettes or anything in the cabin. But when you say these guys are endangering peopl eon the hill or driving after they sled and putting people at risk i think your crazy. i will guess that 75% or more of the guys sledding in the back coutry are riding with beer or some kind of alcohol. weed isnt new so if you look up statistic on how many accidents there has been with alcohol involved compared to weed let alone any drug, the alcohol out weighs it by alot. im guessing youve had a few beers here and there on the mountain or some alcoholic drink so maybe before you rant on weed being legal and it being smoked and how everyone id doomed, the alcohol should looked upon. weed is legal but im pretty sure its like alcohol where as you can not consume it in public. all im getting at is everyone looks at weed as the devils drug when alcohol is far worse for you. im also not a regular user of weed so thats not my reason for defending it.

by the way catman10, when i say you have probably had a beer on the mountain, i dont mean you personally i mean people on here reading this.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You really think 75% of peeps pack booze or weed up the hill everyday? I find that hard to believe. If that was the case the hill
would be empty every time the cops did a check at the parking lot. I see a few guys having a beer at the cabin when we come down off the hill but not 75%. More like 10-20%.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe Mark needs to be more mindful that his "sometimes" guide or "hang around" is a meth head and it could reflect poorly on his business/reputation.

It's interesting that you didn't mention the fact that he's a roofer in Manitoba in your first post. Do you know why? Because it's completely irrelevant to the story! The same way him doing some guiding for Shaede is but you made it sound like the guy was high as a kite guiding the day you saw him. He was on his day off! That's why your statement could be misconstrued (I'll let you google the definition of that one on your own) as slander. You're making a statement that implies that Shaede's guides are not showing up fit for work when you don't in fact have proof of that.

Not that I condone smoking Meth out of 1 foot bongs on the hill but the fact that the guy sometimes works for an unrelated third party only takes a shot at the third party.

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You really think 75% of peeps pack booze or weed up the hill everyday? I find that hard to believe. If that was the case the hill
would be empty every time the cops did a check at the parking lot. I see a few guys having a beer at the cabin when we come down off the hill but not 75%. More like 10-20%.

you would be surprised how many people are packing weed.
over the last few years, more times then not we have ran into guys smoking doobie or drinking beer.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This past weekend was an awesome early ride for my group, great early snow conditions, decent weather and overall our sleds ran great. We sign in and out at the cabin like we are supposed to but on friday when my bud signed us out he said that there was 4 or 5 guys smoking pot in the cabin, said it reeked horribly. Unfortunately he told me this on the way home and I lost my s/!t which maybe was wise because if I knew at the time there would have been some loosers getting there asses kicked right out that front door. This leads me to many questions, what makes them think that they have the right to lite up in the cabin, what were they thinking? Does the cabin clearly state inside that there is to be no smoking, drinking or coarse language? No smoking means no smoking of anything does it not? So what has to happen now that weed is legal, should these scum be allowed anywhere near the cabin smoking there joints? Can they stand outside on the balcony and lite up? This is a cabin that quite often has young children in and around it, what should the ruling be? Also you have these people getting stoned and driving around the hill baked outta there minds, are they going to hurt an innocent person?, absolutely its just a matter of time, or better yet going down to thier vehicles and driving home endangering more people just in an 8000 pound weapon intead of a 600 pound one. I think that the snomobile clubs need to enforce something but better yet I call upon any civil person that encounters any of this lunacy to stop it immediately, there has to be many more responsible snowmobilers than there is scumbag pothead loosers that call themselves snomobilers. I want a zero tolerance around the cabins myself and there is no excuse or exeption to make it acceptable, I cant stop anyone from smoking on the hill but I guess I think that they deserve whatever happens to them as long as they dont kill someone else in the meantime. There is some very important sponsers that will want no part of this pot problem I am sure so lets band together and nip this early if possible, unfortunately this is one of millions of problems that are going to arise in our future, mark my words, cant wait to hear your opinions but please think of this as a post to raise awareness and keep this problem of our future at bay, we have enough people trying to take our riding areas away, lets not give them any more reasons please..... Rant over.

I just realized that this post is almost as bad as the mother losing her f*****g mind that there is a weed store in the same parking lot as her kids daycare. What the F**k is she thinking? That her kid will wander over and buy an 1/8th of Bubba Kush?

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just realized that this post is almost as bad as the mother losing her f*****g mind that there is a weed store in the same parking lot as her kids daycare. What the F**k is she thinking? That her sone will wander over and buy an !/8th of Bubba Kush?

I doubt she was worried about the drug dealer to sell to an underage kid, I think she was more worried about people like you hanging around her kids daycare...................

Last edited:

sho

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This whole thread is about smoking weed at the cabin at boulder. Smoking enough to the point it smokes up the whole cabin. I myself have been in a room that has been hot boxed and even though I did not smoke anything I came out very high. The cabin is a public place where people of all walks of life come and stop in. Some smoke weed, some do not, some if weed is found in there system will get in trouble with there job, kids who in my opinion should not be in any area where someone is hot boxing a room. It is about respecting other people, having consideration for other people, and not being selfish. It does not take much effort to smoke weed outside, of even get a vape.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• ACDD87C3-97D1-4580-B407-9E0DBFB19C93.jpeg
    ACDD87C3-97D1-4580-B407-9E0DBFB19C93.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they can smoke weed in the cabin then cigarettes are a go also!! I don't want to breath first hand or second hand smoke from either take it outside away from the family areas. JMO

Top Bottom