Boulder Cabin, the new mile high club!

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys get so worked up.... You got a problem with something someone is doing speak up or shut your mouth. Why is it you can call someone a scumbag behind a keyboard but you dont have the kahonnas to step up and say something, getting physical and kicking some ass is definitely the proper way....I find it so funny the close mindedness behind a lot of you old timers, get with the times. This is legal now in Canada weather you want it or not. That being said the cabin is not the place to smoke weed or slam your lunch time beers.
Let's just say a lot of us old timers where around pot long before you where born and with the part of kicking their ass we have and a couple of hours the cops are at our doors. In the old days you beeeeek of and someone kicks your ass you shut up but now a lot of the youger people go wining to the cops instead of taking it like a man. Plus the guys smoking in the cabin are XXXXholes and don't care about anyone else.

sho

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone can get creative with this. Kind of like putting a system in like a smoke detector and as soon as someone starts smoking ****ty music will turn on. I am sure you guys are very creative and can come up with something better.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that has been done before. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-40090809

The trick is to avoid choosing the offender's play list.

Maybe someone can get creative with this. Kind of like putting a system in like a smoke detector and as soon as someone starts smoking ****ty music will turn on. I am sure you guys are very creative and can come up with something better.

sho

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
definitely fitting but they would probably love the song. It would have to be something from the 80s like Never going to give you up by Rick Astley or that chic that sings Friday.

Korey

Reaction score
This past weekend was an awesome early ride for my group, great early snow conditions, decent weather and overall our sleds ran great. We sign in and out at the cabin like we are supposed to but on friday when my bud signed us out he said that there was 4 or 5 guys smoking pot in the cabin, said it reeked horribly. Unfortunately he told me this on the way home and I lost my s/!t which maybe was wise because if I knew at the time there would have been some loosers getting there asses kicked right out that front door. This leads me to many questions, what makes them think that they have the right to lite up in the cabin, what were they thinking? Does the cabin clearly state inside that there is to be no smoking, drinking or coarse language? No smoking means no smoking of anything does it not? So what has to happen now that weed is legal, should these scum be allowed anywhere near the cabin smoking there joints? Can they stand outside on the balcony and lite up? This is a cabin that quite often has young children in and around it, what should the ruling be? Also you have these people getting stoned and driving around the hill baked outta there minds, are they going to hurt an innocent person?, absolutely its just a matter of time, or better yet going down to thier vehicles and driving home endangering more people just in an 8000 pound weapon intead of a 600 pound one. I think that the snomobile clubs need to enforce something but better yet I call upon any civil person that encounters any of this lunacy to stop it immediately, there has to be many more responsible snowmobilers than there is scumbag pothead loosers that call themselves snomobilers. I want a zero tolerance around the cabins myself and there is no excuse or exeption to make it acceptable, I cant stop anyone from smoking on the hill but I guess I think that they deserve whatever happens to them as long as they dont kill someone else in the meantime. There is some very important sponsers that will want no part of this pot problem I am sure so lets band together and nip this early if possible, unfortunately this is one of millions of problems that are going to arise in our future, mark my words, cant wait to hear your opinions but please think of this as a post to raise awareness and keep this problem of our future at bay, we have enough people trying to take our riding areas away, lets not give them any more reasons please..... Rant over.

Ok let's just start with STFU sitting there calling pot smokers scum like phuck you buddy personally dont smoke pot but know lots of people that do and they are FAR from scum. Yes I agree that they should not be smoking in the cabin nobody should be smoking ANYTHING into the cabins but hey it's been going on for years long before pot was legal. All of a sudden it becomes legal and now it's a problem??? Sounds like your just using it to try and justify your rant....also how many times have you wrote this rant about the guys getting gooned on the hill?? Or is this just you have something against pot??? Have you had alchohol on the hill??? If so you in my opinion are more of a scumbag then the people smoking pot. Drunk people tend to be a whole lot stupider then people high on pot who for the most part are a lot more relaxed and take there time with everything. Again my opinion. And again I agree with you it should not be at the cabin same as tobacco which I do smoke but never in the cabin. I know the ****stains at the cabin that day smoking up is not right and I'm in no way trying to defend them. I just think you could make your point and be taken with more respect if you did it in a more respectful way as opposed to coming on here saying youd beat the **** out of this guy and that guy and name calling a ton of people who partake respectfully. Just makes you sound like a child throwing a tantrum.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The biggest thing I have noticed since the "legalization" of pot is pot smokers seem to now treat it more like cigarettes than alcohol. Since its been "legalized" it must be fair game anywhere seems to be the prevailing attitude.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok let's just start with STFU sitting there calling pot smokers scum like phuck you buddy personally dont smoke pot but know lots of people that do and they are FAR from scum. Yes I agree that they should not be smoking in the cabin nobody should be smoking ANYTHING into the cabins but hey it's been going on for years long before pot was legal. All of a sudden it becomes legal and now it's a problem??? Sounds like your just using it to try and justify your rant....also how many times have you wrote this rant about the guys getting gooned on the hill?? Or is this just you have something against pot??? Have you had alchohol on the hill??? If so you in my opinion are more of a scumbag then the people smoking pot. Drunk people tend to be a whole lot stupider then people high on pot who for the most part are a lot more relaxed and take there time with everything. Again my opinion. And again I agree with you it should not be at the cabin same as tobacco which I do smoke but never in the cabin. I know the ****stains at the cabin that day smoking up is not right and I'm in no way trying to defend them. I just think you could make your point and be taken with more respect if you did it in a more respectful way as opposed to coming on here saying youd beat the **** out of this guy and that guy and name calling a ton of people who partake respectfully. Just makes you sound like a child throwing a tantrum.

LOL. Hugs not drugs...

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So likely from the time the stove gets lit or at the very least every time someone opens the door to stoke the fire, we would have to listen to sh!t music? Lol.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems to me like an unnecessarily touchy subject.

You cannot (legally or courteously) smoke tobacco in any public building and why anyone would assume pot would be any exception defies any reasoning I can see. Don't smoke anything in the cabins.

As to drinking, I can enjoy a beer without getting any sort of a buzz. Most of the police will ignore someone drinking a beer if you are discreet and not behaving like a douche bag (which doesn't require one to be drunk).

It seems to me that the point of recreational marijuana is specifically to get a buzz which is really the only problem with mixing it with any activity - you are probably not at your best (the possible exception being a Ross Rebagliati) in a way similar to that when you have been drinking to the extent you get a buzz.

I don't see a clear winner between drinking and smoking. Although both are enjoyed for recreational, neither does much positive for society. Just like douche bags who leave their garbage behind.

Attachments

• letterbug.jpg
    letterbug.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 287

Korey

Reaction score
The biggest thing I have noticed since the "legalization" of pot is pot smokers seem to now treat it more like cigarettes than alcohol. Since its been "legalized" it must be fair game anywhere seems to be the prevailing attitude.

Agree and I'm no saint I do bring a couple beer with me for a day on the hill usually 4 that I drink throughout the day but at stops out on the hill not at the cabin with all the families and other people and when I smoke (cigarettes) around the cabin it's by my sled which is away from everyone for the most part and of there are kids around the sleds I will go out of my way not to be smoking around them it's not hard just a little common courtesy. But yeah with pot being legal there are a lot of people that seem to think that means anywhere....

Korey

Reaction score
It seems to me like an unnecessarily touchy subject.

You cannot (legally or courteously) smoke tobacco in any public building and why anyone would assume pot would be any exception defies any reasoning I can see. Don't smoke anything in the cabins.

As to drinking, I can enjoy a beer without getting any sort of a buzz. Most of the police will ignore someone drinking a beer if you are discreet and not behaving like a douche bag (which doesn't require one to be drunk).

It seems to me that the point of recreational marijuana is specifically to get a buzz which is really the only problem with mixing it with any activity - you are probably not at your best (the possible exception being a Ross Rebagliati) in a way similar to that when you have been drinking to the extent you get a buzz.

I don't see a clear winner between drinking and smoking. Although both are enjoyed for recreational, neither does much positive for society. Just like douche bags who leave their garbage behind.

Very true

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I am sorry Korey for calling certain people scum, In my opinion if people hotbox in a small enclosed room in which signs clearly state that smoking is prohibited and it is open to families then they deserve to be called scum. I apologize for demeaning them to a level of scum but what else do you say about this mindless act, they are idiots with no respect for others and are probably down a few brain cells, but do we have compassion for this selfish stupid action? I vote no. I have been around people all of my life that partake in the weed and I have nothing against them nor do I care if people have a beer or two on the hill. I do not drink at all on the hill never have, never will but I sure pick up my fair share of beer cans from others, another rant completely of coarse. I am no angel nor am I some uptight jerk with a stick up my ass, but lets keep this out of our cabins, lets be a positive role model to our precious next generation of snowmobilers. I will be spending this year teaching my 16 year old son how to ride and be respectful to the mountain and all the people on it, drugs or alcohol will not be a part our ride but no matter what we will be there for anyone that needs our help, lets hope that we never see a serious accident because of thier impairment but if we do it will be a valuable lesson at someone elses expense sorry to say.

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So let's let bygons be bygons.

Clean up your cans, take the smoke outside and don't be that guy that everyone wants to punch.

I for one enjoy pot but I don't need any extra hindrance while mountain riding. My lack of ability is enough haha.

A beer on the other hand....what's better than being atop a mountain drinking a beer with some buds? Eh?

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if the cops can smell it. It's legal.
Yes - legal to consume but unless you're riding double on the back its zero tolerance for driving / operation of a motor vehicle.
As for smoking inside - depending on jurosdiction its likely not legal.
As for consideration of other cabin users, smokers are just being inconsiderate ....

Top Bottom