may long random camping mess

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a societal problem. Go to a public washroom and see how many times someone's p#ssed on the toilet seat and not cleaned it up. Go to a concert, football or hockey game and see the mess in the bathrooms. A lot of people in our society are, simply put, pigs. Don't their parents teach them otherwise? I believe we can help by, those of us with kids anyway, teach them no tolerance for littering, leaving your mess behind, etc. I find it hard to believe someone could even make that kind of a mess in a weekend. These are the kinds of persons that enforcement needs to target, instead of just the OHV crowd, and instead of talking about banning random camping altogether.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This type of disrespect makes me furious:realmad:, if this keeps up we will loose random camping. I hope fines were issued and heavy ones!!! Some people just dont get it!! how bout I dump my garbage in their backyard and see how they feel. Rant over

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Doesn't surprise me. We were out at tomhill near edson during may long and we had a bunch of city kids with more money then brains. They all came in cars, stayed in tents. And when the heavy rain came they pack up what they could and left half their ch!t in a 20 x 20 tarp. They left a flat of beer, uncracked co2 bottles, tents, a fold out gazebo, a BBQ, a couch, food, some needles, a stereo, and smashed beer bottles all over the place. Few other groups like that near us but not as bad. But still, if you go out camping show some respect for nature. Grow the fawk up. It ruins it for those who frequent the area and actually care about keeping it clean.

Were planning on going to that area in June, hope it is not where we always camp, or that it was at least cleaned up by them coming back(LOL).

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is the crap we put up with out here many weekends, absolutly no respect for the back country.

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were planning on going to that area in June, hope it is not where we always camp, or that it was at least cleaned up by them coming back(LOL).

Dont worry me and my dad got the majority of it cleaned up. My dad is out there almost every weekend in the camp ground just east of the gravel pit. Its just sad how people miss treat such beautiful places.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
This is a societal problem. Go to a public washroom and see how many times someone's p#ssed on the toilet seat and not cleaned it up. Go to a concert, football or hockey game and see the mess in the bathrooms. A lot of people in our society are, simply put, pigs. Don't their parents teach them otherwise? I believe we can help by, those of us with kids anyway, teach them no tolerance for littering, leaving your mess behind, etc. I find it hard to believe someone could even make that kind of a mess in a weekend. These are the kinds of persons that enforcement needs to target, instead of just the OHV crowd, and instead of talking about banning random camping altogether.

I dont disagree with anything you have said here, but if I go into a public bathroom and there is already piss on the seat, im not touching it either, I will leave it....

BUT...

I feel like I should start carrying a sign that I can leave that says 'The piss was already there, I didnt do it' LOL

Always feel guilty coming out, knowing that the mess isnt mine, but looking at the next guy in line and thinking that he will think I DID make the mess...

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People that due dumb crap like that should get HUGE fines and be made to clean it up. Maybe then they might learn some respect for mother nature and the beautiful land that we all live in.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry dudes respect starts at home, maybe check to see what your kids are doing, it's not just one or two little angels. you may be suprised. this shheeet is like a wolf pack mentallity one does it they all do. if your angels don't clean up after themselves at home are they going to in the outdoors? they learn this crap at home :beer:

Last edited:

MUDISFUN

Reaction score
wowzers. good on that officer for gettin pizzed and wakin their azzes up.
oh but i bet he was being an azzhole right :confused::confused::confused:, i wont mention names, because he woke them up and they were still camping who is to say they wouldn't have cleaned it up:rolleyes::rolleyes:.
i bet that red chevy has ionly seen highway miles as well, that didnt leave the three and half foot deep ruts in the skeg:rolleyes::rolleyes:
:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::cheering::cheering::You_Rock:and once again to the officer:takesballs: there was alot more of them than of him at that point from what we could see.

You know, I can agree with them being idiots, they should have never let there campsite get to that disgusting point, but they were still there. Why can't we hope they would have enough brains to clean up there mess, This guy was takin a big risk bangin on trailer doors. The chevy truck, what gives a quad lifted with 30" mudders anymore right to chew the ch!t out of the bush than a 4x4 truck. Random camping isn't going to become a thing of the past because of garbage, its the noise, what the quads are doing to the back country. Look at that woman down in Clearwater, if it was up to her quads would be banned all together. What about 65 trailers coming out of medicine lake in the rain, you see what that does to the road, and who pays to re grade the road after all these units slip slide there way out of the bush. Don't get me wrong I love camping out in the middle of nowhere, but garbage is only one of a 100 reasons random camping will become a thing of the past. The government contemplating a riding fee for quads, and keeping them on groomed trails, that would suck for sure. I wish there were more quad friendly campgrounds. People would rather camp for free, I get it, but if you had to pay for a stall to enjoy your weekend would you not respect it more.

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My fav is when the areas are cleaned up but the full garbage bags are left behind thinking there is curbside in the middle of nowhere. I always take these bags of garbage home with us, so I guess there is curbside pick up. KEEP IT CLEAN, USE RESPECT

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see a problem that ten tow trucks couldn't fix impound them all and it's still $2000 for littering i think this situation would justify the fine or camp in the walmart parking lot like in Grande prairie

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know, I can agree with them being idiots, they should have never let there campsite get to that disgusting point, but they were still there. Why can't we hope they would have enough brains to clean up there mess, This guy was takin a big risk bangin on trailer doors. The chevy truck, what gives a quad lifted with 30" mudders anymore right to chew the ch!t out of the bush than a 4x4 truck. Random camping isn't going to become a thing of the past because of garbage, its the noise, what the quads are doing to the back country. Look at that woman down in Clearwater, if it was up to her quads would be banned all together. What about 65 trailers coming out of medicine lake in the rain, you see what that does to the road, and who pays to re grade the road after all these units slip slide there way out of the bush. Don't get me wrong I love camping out in the middle of nowhere, but garbage is only one of a 100 reasons random camping will become a thing of the past. The government contemplating a riding fee for quads, and keeping them on groomed trails, that would suck for sure. I wish there were more quad friendly campgrounds. People would rather camp for free, I get it, but if you had to pay for a stall to enjoy your weekend would you not respect it more.

Most people that even let there campsite get to that state probably weren't planning on cleaning it up anyway. I know that I would not even want to camp next to people like that just having to look at that mess. Kinda takes away the whole outdoors being out in nature feeling for me.:(

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy friggin chit!! Theres maybe a good 100 bucks just lying there in the form of cans!

On a deeper note, pick it up! I hate people that leave garbage lying around in camp sites. It's no different that the idiots I tell off on a regular basis to pick up their chit from my ditch. Damn city slickers. :mad:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy friggin chit!! Theres maybe a good 100 bucks just lying there in the form of cans!

On a deeper note, pick it up! I hate people that leave garbage lying around in camp sites. It's no different that the idiots I tell off on a regular basis to pick up their chit from my ditch. Damn city slickers. :mad:
lol....I have chased down people that have lost garbage from the box of their pickup going past my place. I write down their plate number, politely tell them they have lost garbage from their vehicle and nicely ask them to retrieve it before I forward my complaint and information to the police. never had one person get ignorant yet. they probably call me all kinds of names once back in their vehicle, but never to my face....:)

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's one thing to be such messy pigs in your camping area and it's another for some douche to come into your camping area pounding on your camper doors after a hard night of partying and forcing you out of bed to clean up your mess before you are ready to. I think this cop jumped the gun. I'd be telling him to go do his hat.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's one thing to be such messy pigs in your camping area and it's another for some douche to come into your camping area pounding on your camper doors after a hard night of partying and forcing you out of bed to clean up your mess before you are ready to. I think this cop jumped the gun. I'd be telling him to go do his hat.

That "douche" has all the rights to come into your camping area and tell you to clean up your mess whenever he wants to. I the douchebags who make that kind of mess that give all the outdoors people a bad image. I don't know you riverjet and don't care if I ever do, But get your head out of your ASS before you get any more sh*t for brains. If you were being sarcastic I didn't take it to be and in that case I would owe you an apology.:(

ridndirty

Reaction score

Just because you pull your truck and trailer into a spot, does'nt make it "your "spot. It is public land. Owned by everyone. Judjing by all the other responses on here disgusted by the mess these pr***s made on public property, I think everyone agrees that there is a "Douche" around here, but its not the Forestry guy.

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one upside to these dumbass's is I get free money from picking up after these idiots. Made 80$ from a couple hours of cleaning up bottles(and I took the garbage too) at the party spots. I also kept a 60 pounder grey goose bottle and am now using it as my change jar, from all the change lying around my room and truck its now a 1/18 full.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol....I have chased down people that have lost garbage from the box of their pickup going past my place. I write down their plate number, politely tell them they have lost garbage from their vehicle and nicely ask them to retrieve it before I forward my complaint and information to the police. never had one person get ignorant yet. they probably call me all kinds of names once back in their vehicle, but never to my face....:)

We do the same, and if I'm on my truck usually you can get 'em to 160 km/h... They like to get away, but then you report 'em not only for dumping but reckless driving and high speeds. We've never seen the same plate twice!

Top Bottom