Bill 64 - Random Camping Proposed Fees

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This should be in the conspiracy thread!:nod:

Hope I’m wrong. But?.?.Canadians were asked for two weeks of their time to flatten the curve. Look where we are now.
Now BC stated they want five weeks of provincial lockdown to flatten the curve. I find that hard to believe in five weeks he’ll let Canadians book for camping and house boating etc.

Last edited:

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll continue to camp. Already called our first camp site and they said there not turning away anyone. Sitting in Pano now and it's awesome. Been +20 and the best part, all the sheep are at home. Have had the tubs and pool to ourselves!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't read all the posts. So this could be posted already and I'm late to the party.

If not.

Things are getting expensive in Kananaskis

https://www.alberta.ca/kananaskis-conservation-pass.aspx
Just got an email today. Not sure where this came from? I thought $33/yr was all it would be. Now its $90/yr to stay in a provincial park or $15/night plus your $33-37/night for camping fee at the park? Government needs a PR guy to explain where all these extra fees are coming from

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got an email today. Not sure where this came from? I thought $33/yr was all it would be. Now its $90/yr to stay in a provincial park or $15/night plus your $33-37/night for camping fee at the park? Government needs a PR guy to explain where all these extra fees are coming from

I was wondering id different areas are running different costs?
Found the link on one of the ATV groups on Facebook.
Seems legit,

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering id different areas are running different costs?
Found the link on one of the ATV groups on Facebook.
Seems legit,
Yeah the email I got was from reserve alberta parks. We are booked into a park for 2 weeks in July and its affected. Cheaper for me to pay the $90/yr. What I don't get is I see why they feel they need to charge to service random camping areas but these are paid spots where we are staying and part of the cost of the fee you pay per night goes to the campground manager and their crew to keep up that park. So $12 reservation fee now, plus $15/night or $90/yr conservation fee plus $33-37/ night to camp in a serviced lot. Business is picking up....

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the $90/yr is just the Kananaskis Park access fee??? Is this now on all provincial parks?

I'm not sure why anyone should be surprised.... it doesn’t matter which party is in power in either this province or federally, they all want to tax a person to death!!! The arrogance of politics in this country... somehow they believe that they know how to spend your money better than you do......

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I thought the $90/yr is just the Kananaskis Park access fee??? Is this now on all provincial parks?

I'm not sure why anyone should be surprised.... it doesn’t matter which party is in power in either this province or federally, they all want to tax a person to death!!! The arrogance of politics in this country... somehow they believe that they know how to spend your money better than you do......

K-Country only, but if you CAMP in K-Country, you will still pay your nightly fee at the campground of your choice over and above the $90/yr fee.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes you are right

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'm selling my trailer and going to camp on the boat from now on...

Not much incentive to camping anymore. By the time I pay the fuel to get where I'm going, registration, insurance, maintenance, entrance fees, camp fees, dumping fees etc. I might as well pack a suitcase and jump in the convertible to go to the mountains and stay in a hotel.

Not to mention that most of the provincially serviced campgrounds in Alberta are booked up for the season and BC is cancelling reservations for out of province folks I doubt we will do any camping this summer.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've already prewarned the wife about May long. For sure there will be a fire ban, and they'll kick in an ATV ban, well, because they can.
Planning a route to take a bike trip instead. Hotel it on a May long weekend for the first time...ever.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm selling my trailer and going to camp on the boat from now on...

Not much incentive to camping anymore. By the time I pay the fuel to get where I'm going, registration, insurance, maintenance, entrance fees, camp fees, dumping fees etc. I might as well pack a suitcase and jump in the convertible to go to the mountains and stay in a hotel.

Not to mention that most of the provincially serviced campgrounds in Alberta are booked up for the season and BC is cancelling reservations for out of province folks I doubt we will do any camping this summer.

Don't you live by the lake all ready just saying lol! Not a bad idea you have though, was thinking that myself and just either do day trips or overnighters and grab hotels:) These clowns have gone way past the Stupid level and getting worse ffs!:/

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't you live by the lake all ready just saying lol! Not a bad idea you have though, was thinking that myself and just either do day trips or overnighters and grab hotels:) These clowns have gone way past the Stupid level and getting worse ffs!:/
Way to much work for a bush camp theses days. I quit camping a few yrs ago. She’s highways,Harley’s and hotels now.

Top Bottom