may long random camping mess

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To be fair, if you came across one of our campsites after an evening before we wake up, it will look like a war zone with beer cans spread about. However, if you go back after we're gone, the site will be as clean or cleaner than the way we found it. Roll up at 8Am though, it won't seem that way.

Just something to think about.
I still don't get this type of thing, is it that tough or too much work to have a dedicated receptacle to throw your empties in, say, right near the cooler where you are getting your beverages from? at least throw them toward said receptacle so the mess isn't spread all over? I mean really, how fawking lazy can people be? sure it gets cleaned up, but the first impression is the lasting one IMO.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I still don't get this type of thing, is it that tough or too much work to have a dedicated receptacle to throw your empties in, say, right near the cooler where you are getting your beverages from? at least throw them toward said receptacle so the mess isn't spread all over? I mean really, how fawking lazy can people be? sure it gets cleaned up, but the first impression is the lasting one IMO.

I saw a guy just yesterday throwing empties all over the place!

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Fair enough. I see where you are coming from. We can toss em in one direction, but that seems to get lost as the evening carries on. We are lucky to have the freedom to do so, as the spots we camp generally have zero traffic, and as such, there won't be anybody to form an opinion about us. We are lucky to have such freedom, and we use it.
Heck, August long this year, we rolled up to the site on Saturday afternoon, and had it to ourselves until Monday. Didn't see a soul. I may be more concerned about it if we had people on quads rolling through all day, and might be more inclined to alter my behaviour.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a guy just yesterday throwing empties all over the place!
hahahahahaha! I had to....that was fawking funny....that dude was wondering wtf, everytime he would drive past our camp in his Recycle Edition RZR there was an empty he missed....lol.

Romeo made out like a bandit, that much closer to a dirt bike! Awesome weekend bud, glad you guys made the journey!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. I see where you are coming from. We can toss em in one direction, but that seems to get lost as the evening carries on. We are lucky to have the freedom to do so, as the spots we camp generally have zero traffic, and as such, there won't be anybody to form an opinion about us. We are lucky to have such freedom, and we use it.
Heck, August long this year, we rolled up to the site on Saturday afternoon, and had it to ourselves until Monday. Didn't see a soul. I may be more concerned about it if we had people on quads rolling through all day, and might be more inclined to alter my behaviour.
you are lucky to have such a spot, where we were is fairly busy and we heard rumors from an older local couple that the area may be closed next year to random camping because of the trash left behind. we have to do our part to ensure it stays open, it seems to get worse every year. what gets me is that they were telling us these people are leaving their campers and stuff set up there all summer, and SRD instead of telling them to move their stuff are just planning on shutting it down altogether. pisses me off

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
chump lake this week end licence plate no..lnf-163..thought it was good someone noticed them

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you are lucky to have such a spot, where we were is fairly busy and we heard rumors from an older local couple that the area may be closed next year to random camping because of the trash left behind. we have to do our part to ensure it stays open, it seems to get worse every year. what gets me is that they were telling us these people are leaving their campers and stuff set up there all summer, and SRD instead of telling them to move their stuff are just planning on shutting it down altogether. pisses me off

In that case, my cards would be played differently. Sorry about that man, it sucks that the actions of few ruin the good times of all.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sooooo many idiots in the world ! the cops should be following up on that plate # but they are idiots too
SRD would be the ones to give it to. they are voracious when it comes to handing out fines. most are wannabe cops eager to "enforce".

Top Bottom