lost polaris

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did anybody on this site lose a 700 polaris in the Renshaw??? it has been back there for awhile now and it is time to pull it out. can't leave it there as it is not allowed. it has been there for 2 weeks and it will soon be considered ABANDONED. if no response the club will have to go get it.
if it is yours and you don't want it just call me and we can deal with it.

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious but how many sleds do you find in a given season?

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 last year, none the year before. one in horsey.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't run serial# to try to get ahold of the owner to help cover the cost of retreval or are they hot sleds that are just left?

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a plate on it and serial are being run in the am. got down to late to bother the police tonite. was hoping someone might answer tonite, save us the time in the morning. once considered abandoned and we are given permission to pull it out, it is basically ours to do with as we see fit.
not sure on the year, but a guess would be 1999 or something close.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a plate on it and serial are being run in the am. got down to late to bother the police tonite. was hoping someone might answer tonite, save us the time in the morning. once considered abandoned and we are given permission to pull it out, it is basically ours to do with as we see fit.
not sure on the year, but a guess would be 1999 or something close.

I know you're busy but when you have a chance to upload some pictures would be greatly appreciated. Potentially interested in it as a parts sled which will help cover the costs for the club.

Thanks in advance.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
did anybody on this site lose a 700 polaris in the Renshaw??? it has been back there for awhile now and it is time to pull it out. can't leave it there as it is not allowed. it has been there for 2 weeks and it will soon be considered ABANDONED. if no response the club will have to go get it.
if it is yours and you don't want it just call me and we can deal with it.

Atta boy! This should be an interesting read today, eh!

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they are abandoned or stolen and are not claimed. the local snowmobile club should get to claim them. auction them off to recover their money back for the recovery and the rest for what ever the club decides.(groomers, cabin upgrades, etc.)

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't run serial# to try to get ahold of the owner to help cover the cost of retreval or are they hot sleds that are just left?

thats why i donrt register my sleds so when they die and i leave them you fuggers cant find me to pay for the recovery.:realmad::rant: arrrghhhh :d j/k
hopefully you guys find out whos it is and they step up and get it out.

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two weeks is a short time to consider it abandoned IMO. Some of us have very limited time to ride and if there's a month and half left in the season the sled just might have to sit for a few weeks until we can get time off work to get it. The oilpatch isn't the easiest to get time off and if you know that you'll have a weekend off to get it in three or four weeks, it just might have to sit.

Also, another possibility could be that the particular part they ordered to fix the sled is backordered and they can't find one.

As long is it's out by the end of the season and not leaking fluids while it sits I don't see the harm in it sitting there for a few weeks. Just as long as it does get out.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two weeks is a short time to consider it abandoned IMO. Some of us have very limited time to ride and if there's a month and half left in the season the sled just might have to sit for a few weeks until we can get time off work to get it. The oilpatch isn't the easiest to get time off and if you know that you'll have a weekend off to get it in three or four weeks, it just might have to sit.

Also, another possibility could be that the particular part they ordered to fix the sled is backordered and they can't find one.

As long is it's out by the end of the season and not leaking fluids while it sits I don't see the harm in it sitting there for a few weeks. Just as long as it does get out.

thats how it starts though, kinda like the random camping thing we are going through in Alberta now. guy says i will get it in a couple weeeks as work is to busy, 2 weeks ahhg chit its to cold i dont really fee like going out to get that pos, 2 months ahh i should go get that sled , but no snow left ahh fug it i will leave it, report it stolen collect the ins and get a newer one.
not sying everybody does this but i am sure there is more than a few that do. also app. yr is a 99 sled is only worth 2500 riunning if the engine is shot 100 bucks tops closer to 500 probably. not worht going and getting it finacially speaking, especially if the guy lives somewhere like sask or far north/east alb.
2 weeks is not to short to consider abandoned imo. if your sled dies and it will be a while to get it notify a local shop, leave a note in the tool box or under the hood, contact info if found, etc. dont just leave your chit on the hill.

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At the very least the person should have notified the local club and let them know what the deal is. At least this way someone would probably be nice and check up on it once and a while or maybe even be really nice and tow it out for you.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone had cleaned the snow off the top of the windshield and the bars when we saw it on Friday. I'd say it is around a 1998 RMK 700, and by the looks of where it is, (half way up a hill) I'd guess it most likely lost the engine. It only makes sense that if a guy has to leave a sled in the mountains with the intention of coming back to get it you would let one of the local shops know where it is, and leave your name and number. Rules and regulations in the back country are too tight now to be leaving sleds sitting there without informing someone local; who be the ones the authorities go to with their questions as to the recovery intentions.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What would you consider to be a reasonable time to say it is abandoned? We have an issure here right now where the guy left the sled more then 2 months ago and still hasn't got it out. We offered to pull it out for him but he basically said to F-off. We know the guy also.... a real jerk!!

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What would you consider to be a reasonable time to say it is abandoned? We have an issure here right now where the guy left the sled more then 2 months ago and still hasn't got it out. We offered to pull it out for him but he basically said to F-off. We know the guy also.... a real jerk!!

Can you not just give the dudes name and the location of the sled to Resources and let them fine the chit out of him if he doesn't get it out? Not sure how that would work?:confused:

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do agree with your posts. A note or word to someone would be the thing to do. I guess I was more speaking if it happened to me. I wouldn't even consider leaving it and claiming insurance. Just too honest to do that.

And yup I can see your point of it setting a bad precedent. I guess I was more under the impression of the old rule I learned when I started mountain riding "what you bring in you bring out plus what you find"

And if someone offered to get your sled out why in the hell would you say no?!!! I'm pretty sure I'd be asking what kind of beer you drink!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do agree with your posts. A note or word to someone would be the thing to do. I guess I was more speaking if it happened to me. I wouldn't even consider leaving it and claiming insurance. Just too honest to do that.

And yup I can see your point of it setting a bad precedent. I guess I was more under the impression of the old rule I learned when I started mountain riding "what you bring in you bring out plus what you find"

And if someone offered to get your sled out why in the hell would you say no?!!! I'm pretty sure I'd be asking what kind of beer you drink!

ya me too cause i would be mega thirsty from trying to pull start the dead sled..:d

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you not just give the dudes name and the location of the sled to Resources and let them fine the chit out of him if he doesn't get it out? Not sure how that would work?:confused:

I think that is what we are going to do.... we'll give him till the end of the season and if he still hasn't got it out we will report it, then let them decide what to do with it.

The guy just went out and bought a new sled....

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hmmm, gonna be interesting to see how this pans out...... It could be called into the rcmp as abandoned, and let them get it out and charge the owner, or put it into auction to recover the costs..... Anything over a couple weeks is considered abandoned as regards to vehicles.........

Top Bottom