License Plate

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I have it rivoted to the side of the tunnel, have never had an issue at Alberta Beach, or anywhere. Flaps rip off to easy would be my argument. :beer::d

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I riveted my plate to the tunnel on my first sled. Rode Cataract one day and when we got back to the truck the plate was gone.
I keep mine under the seat now.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya well my old crappy cat lost the rear flap and plate .... and it cost me the price of a new plate..... fyi no no to flap plate...... unless u have lots of money... oh also what about cuting gloves on the flap when stuck and lifting bumper....

mtnluvr

Reaction score
With a little bending and tweaking I was able to mount mine in the left foot well on my XP. Not ugly and still arguably displayed to the rear.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With a little bending and tweaking I was able to mount mine in the left foot well on my XP. Not ugly and still arguably displayed to the rear.

ya but you bent it. thats defacing government property. jk
buggers will get us every time if they want to.
i leave mine in my seat pouch. never been asked for it yet. but have never been stopped yet either.:d
not sure how they figure its any good on the flap as the snow dust makes it invisible. and besides that how is maxwell supposed to mount his.:d

Highmaintenence

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been stopped and told to mount my plate on the sled as I had it under my seat with my paper work...I used velcro to stick it to my tunnel! Just get the velcro strips, mount on back side of the plate, then remove adhesive and mount! Takes 10 mins, has never come off and no drilling into my tunnel!

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have always put mine on my snowflap... usually it's covered with snow anyway, so that they can't read it. :d

That's what I've done in the past, but the flap on my new Pro-RMK has so many holes in it already I don't think I can do that this time. I'm going to be trying the "stuff it in the seat bag" approach this year.

Last edited:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
here my plan for it.....minus the zip ties, picked up some velcroe today goidn to stitch it onto the bag and adhesive it to the plate....then it can be tranferred to the little tote bag if needed.....also can be removed when not riding to avoid theft if your worried about it.....

Attachments

• IMG00345-20101201-1550.jpg
    IMG00345-20101201-1550.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 133

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Since the 1970 Arctic Cat's, the odd Elan here and there, quite a few Poo's right up to an 04 Edge, a Powder Special, a few Rev's, and now 2 XP's, I have never lost or busted/broken a tail flap.

Why do we all get uptight about change? If the license plate is supposed to be on the back, so be it. Treat the plate sort-of-like a flag or your permit to ride....without it and the proper papers is against the law and the consequences are on your shoulders......enough said.

Not getting uptight about change.....Just saying if we had factory plate holders. I'm sure that we would diligently use them. On my Cat quad, I used almost a full roll of black tape to secure it to the back bumper.......No drilling required.

Auto makers, make 2 different styles of front bumper's. 1 for the Provinces/States/Countries that require front plates. 1 For those who don't.

Why can't the recreational industry step up tp the plate???

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Not getting uptight about change.....Just saying if we had factory plate holders. I'm sure that we would diligently use them. On my Cat quad, I used almost a full roll of black tape to secure it to the back bumper.......No drilling required.

Auto makers, make 2 different styles of front bumper's. 1 for the Provinces/States/Countries that require front plates. 1 For those who don't.

Why can't the recreational industry step up tp the plate???

Now that's a great idea.....you sir, are on the ball:beer::beer::beer:

mel.h

Reaction score
Had my plate on my old ZX mounted on the flap, high up, got in to Renshaw still there, 1st break, still there, lunch time... 2 bolts & the top 1/4 of the plate left. New rule, put it in the storage, tunnel bag, back pack anywhere bit on the sled. JMO. :)

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here my plan for it.....minus the zip ties, picked up some velcroe today goidn to stitch it onto the bag and adhesive it to the plate....then it can be tranferred to the little tote bag if needed.....also can be removed when not riding to avoid theft if your worried about it.....

Your gettin up there in AGE for ridin such a big sled LOL

Top Bottom