License Plate

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what guys are doing for mounting license plates. Bolted to the flap or riveted to the tunnel. It's a hard thing to do to drill holes in the side of a brand new machine to mount a plate. That's another question, does the plate have to be mounted at all or can it just be carried in the seat and produced if asked?

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what guys are doing for mounting license plates. Bolted to the flap or riveted to the tunnel. It's a hard thing to do to drill holes in the side of a brand new machine to mount a plate. That's another question, does the plate have to be mounted at all or can it just be carried in the seat and produced if asked?

mine is in my underseat bag....never been stopped so i have no clue, a buddy with his edge had it on the inside bolted to his skid plate bolt for years no issues

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have always put mine on my snowflap... usually it's covered with snow anyway, so that they can't read it. :d

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been check twice, once by RC in the Crowsnest and once @ Etherington by conservation (I think). Both times the sled registration, insurance and plate were shoved in my seat storage. No problems.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres a heads up.

if you trailer and are not a mountain rider mount the plate on your machine.

i was very PO.d about what happened to me but o well.

i had 3 machines behind my truck and it broke down on the road. i let it all sit there while i went to go get a tow.

RC pulled up while i was gone and figures since no plates they were stolen. TOWED THE WHOLE RIG.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was stopped twice last yr in Revy and both times all they wanted to see was registration and insurance...no plate on my machine and they never said anything about it.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I keep mine in the seat storage as well. Got pulled over 3 years ago by RCMP and produced reg / ins. / and the plate and all was good. However... got a $230.00 fine for riding in Strathcona County?? :mad:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I just took out a tunnel bolt ran throught the hole in the plate and tighted back up 1 bolt holding it seems to work

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought RC's = WOT bum.gif

94fordguy

I don't know if its even possible, but perhaps you guys could suggest to your government to go to using sticker plates on your OHVs instead of metal plates... just a thought.

:beer::beer:

100_3244.jpg

Last edited:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just bringing up and old thread to a new season, and just wondering if there has been any changes. In the above mentioned post's.
My new to me; 04 Rev. Has NO room in the fridge.....I think I'd be lucky to carry 3 empty sodie pop cans.
I alway's run with a back pack, so if it still on me(plate & papers). But not visible........Good to go???

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Just bringing up and old thread to a new season, and just wondering if there has been any changes. In the above mentioned post's.
My new to me; 04 Rev. Has NO room in the fridge.....I think I'd be lucky to carry 3 empty sodie pop cans.
I alway's run with a back pack, so if it still on me(plate & papers). But not visible........Good to go???

I'll give you permission and you can tell the RC that "good old ferniesnow said it was okay!":d:d:d

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Our Govt is whacked and out of touch." HA ya got that right... and try living in the county of strathcona

Top Bottom