License Plate

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
According to the R.C.M.P. in Alberta Beach it must be mounted visibly on the rear of the machine.Just like Your vehicle plate.He said they could ticket you if it is on the side.

See....but that is where it is crap!!!!!!

I have a 92 Banshee, that was never offered in Canada. Therefore not having a plate holder. My plate is screwed underneath the seat, and papers in the back pack

When I have been pulled over by SRD, and told them that "IT" never came with a factory plate holder, and screw their plate into the trunk of their vehicle. They left me alone.

So once again......Is this more just a case of good cop, bad cop???

Or does my rant make sense. Yes, we drill holes for scratchers, bags, and gerry cans. But I have done the plate in the snow flap thing. Even with Red Locktite, they still come off. And can make for an expensive season, after losing 2.

Fawk it.......going in the back pack.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
"Our Govt is whacked and out of touch." HA ya got that right... and try living in the county of strathcona

County of Sturgeon, was no better, when I left 3 yrs ago.
Now I'm in the City of Calgary, and can ride quads, bikes, and sleds from the yard. And never hassled :confused: :confused:

Unklsnomobile

Reaction score
If your ride an XP, the plate fits under the seat with the manual. It's not really legal, but I have not heard anyone get a ticket yet. As long as you have your paper work with you, you should be just fine.

Philster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pitbulll.webs.com
See....but that is where it is crap!!!!!!

I have a 92 Banshee, that was never offered in Canada. Therefore not having a plate holder. My plate is screwed underneath the seat, and papers in the back pack

When I have been pulled over by SRD, and told them that "IT" never came with a factory plate holder, and screw their plate into the trunk of their vehicle. They left me alone.

So once again......Is this more just a case of good cop, bad cop???

Or does my rant make sense. Yes, we drill holes for scratchers, bags, and gerry cans. But I have done the plate in the snow flap thing. Even with Red Locktite, they still come off. And can make for an expensive season, after losing 2.

Fawk it.......going in the back pack.

As with any Law it is only valid if You get caught and apparently by whom ever.:d:d:d:d

Doo800ho

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to the R.C.M.P. in Alberta Beach it must be mounted visibly on the rear of the machine.Just like Your vehicle plate.He said they could ticket you if it is on the side.

x2.....We got stopped last year on Christmas day at Sylvan Lake and he said it has to be mounted on the machine. He gave us a warning.

NotoriousNRB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't care if it has to mounted on the machine. thats stupid. i shouldn't have to drill chitty arse holes in the side OR back of my sexy machine. i like how it looks with out holes and a stupid looking license plate. maybe if the plates were super awesome with mountainous graphics, maybe then i'd mount it.

on the xp's there's a nice slot on the underside of the seat for the manuel. thats where my plate/registration/insurance/trail pass goes. i hope to never loose my seat...

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I have been stopped numerous times.In the City,out of the city limits,on the trail, in the parking lot,i keep it in my backpack.Never had a problem. I can count 2 time for sure that i didn't have any valid paperwork with me or plate and had no problems.Other then the typical warning speal.And your on your way.

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got stopped last year on New Years Eve while we were trail riding. Checked for all our papers and our plates. The plates for our machines are mounted on the side of the tunnel. He said the plates had to be mounted and could not be carried on the sled out of sight.

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rivetted to the tunnel on the yammie. Zip tied to the seat brackets on the IQ. Haven't ridden it yet so I don't know if it will hold:d

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got crap on out at Alberta beach i had it rivet to side of the tunnel i had bit of argument with the dogcatcher[by law cop] if i had it on the flap you never see it at least you can see it on side in the end he didn't have ancer but supposedly the law dictates it has to be on back of the vehicle

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got crap on out at Alberta beach i had it rivet to side of the tunnel i had bit of argument with the dogcatcher[by law cop] if i had it on the flap you never see it at least you can see it on side in the end he didn't have ancer but supposedly the law dictates it has to be on back of the vehicle

great till your flap gets sucked underwhile backing of the deck the first time and looks like you defaced it, then they nail you for destroying government property, been there once already. It is a back pack item IMO

depthcharger

Reaction score
Drill a couple holes and bolt the plate to your gas can rack. No ugly holes in the tunnel and no issues from the police or bylaw officers.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lic plate to the flap = no no..... flap breaks off and there goes ur plate...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
lic plate to the flap = no no..... flap breaks off and there goes ur plate...

Since the 1970 Arctic Cat's, the odd Elan here and there, quite a few Poo's right up to an 04 Edge, a Powder Special, a few Rev's, and now 2 XP's, I have never lost or busted/broken a tail flap.

Why do we all get uptight about change? If the license plate is supposed to be on the back, so be it. Treat the plate sort-of-like a flag or your permit to ride....without it and the proper papers is against the law and the consequences are on your shoulders......enough said.

Top Bottom