2015 m8000 coolant leak

koots

Reaction score
Hi!
Went for the first ride of the season yesterday. Temp went off right away, checked coolant reservoir and it was empty. Took it back the shop and the reservoir was totally empty. Filled with coolant and started to try and find the leak.
All I could find at first was coolant dripping from the 2 holes in belly pan. I snuck a cam in behind engine and found a fairly steady drip coming from I think is a bolt on the water pump. I managed to sneak a cam in there for a photo from the pull cord side of engine
Last I ran the machine was March 22 besides firing up once a month over the summer without issue.
Can I access by drilling rivets out in the belly pan or do I need to pull engine to access? Is it possible to loosen motor mounts and move throttle body to move engine forward to access?
Should I get the rad pressure tested before tearing apart?
Could this dripping leak completely empty my reservoir??
From the photo I can’t tell if it’s the hose or bolt but I think bolt.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• B1F36054-345A-45EC-AB60-CD77F0A6E906.jpeg
    B1F36054-345A-45EC-AB60-CD77F0A6E906.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 369A6BED-DFE9-4C1C-A6C6-6AC6945B2ABA.jpeg
    369A6BED-DFE9-4C1C-A6C6-6AC6945B2ABA.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 119

readimedic

Reaction score
I would also check the hose where the hose clamp is attached. Thats not a AC part, it has been changed before or replaced. Those small clamps dam near always cut into the hose if the hose isen't braided and if tightened too tight. FYI

koots

Reaction score
I would also check the hose where the hose clamp is attached. Thats not a AC part, it has been changed before or replaced. Those small clamps dam near always cut into the hose if the hose isen't braided and if tightened too tight. FYI
Thanks that's good to know. Ended up taking it to a shop. The reservoir needed replacing as it was too warped to pressure test. I'm hoping it's just the clamp and hose and not the mechanical seal.

ditch1000

Reaction score
I just replaced the seals on the top end. Every head bolt “O” Ring was toast; also the outer head gaskets were worn out..

Top Bottom