I guess we will need a new Matryx 900 section tomorrow?

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not researched it, but what is the warranty on these new 900’s and 850 boost for the 2023 Polaris?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You brought it here, so you get to defend it - that's how this works. Otherwise, lower your voice, we're talking about Polaris here. Shoo!
Can you imagine if this much negative whineing got done about a Doo release. The entire site would need to be shut down, threads cleaned up, tears mopped up members banned.

It is going to be the most powerful NA mountain slayer providing tons of fun to all that get one.
That's what the 9R will be.
And ya eventually it will see Boost.

Pistonbroke, i hope you got the "last" word in!!!

Last edited:

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the price of sledding keeps getting steeper. Maybe eventually there will be less vehicles in the staging areas, lol.
That 900 would be so awesome if it was brp.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The twins are a huge waste of money!!
Have u run a set ? Or know a guy that knows a guy that knows another guy that did ??

I can’t see why twin pipes would not help any 2stroke motor?
Done it on the old 500s back in the day and it was a big diff

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The throttle response on the new 180hp doo is better than its predecessor with more hp. Skidoo did not just flash this machine and add weight, it has been re-engineered to provide the same or better level of engien response
You fail to address the clutch weights. You can't possibly have all of us believe that this thing has full boost at idle? Sure the motor will be responsive but now the load at engadgement will be much higher than before and unless you can show me how the boost pressure is built under 4000 rpm, I am not a believer.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Have u run a set ? Or know a guy that knows a guy that knows another guy that did ??

Testing was done when they were released, and they ended up being slower then a stock 850. The clutch calibration was so awful. Even ran the power dome head, and was still slower then the stock 850 that was used for comparison. They sure sounded good tho.

I do know that there has been some new flashes and clutching for the kit since then, dont know if it got any better or not. With the cost of this set up, it would be way more beneficial to spend a bit more for a silber turbo.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the price of sledding keeps getting steeper. Maybe eventually there will be less vehicles in the staging areas, lol.
That 900 would be so awesome if it was brp.

Yah if brp put out the 900 first the ski doo fan boy would be sucking dealers d!ck with their buttholes to get one. But now Polaris came out with it it’s lame lol.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You should try a set. I think if anyone can tune them you can. The old 500s and todays sleds are almost identical. Report back. Chrisco ran a set one winter so yes we’ve seen them in action.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah if brp put out the 900 first the ski doo fan boy would be sucking dealers d!ck with their buttholes to get one. But now Polaris came out with it it’s lame lol.
Talked to the fella i deal with this morning. His allocations are full. Money be flowing out there. Wowzers. Side note no riding in revy today. Pouring rain down low.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im a polaris faithful hands down, but i cannot understand the hype for this 900. And the price... its more then what i paid for my boost. Has everyone forgotten that we ride at 6-8000 feet?? These Polaris ambassadors are as bad as our politicians. Repeat the same agenda and the masses will follow.

PS. i did snowcheck a 900 as the will need clutching

It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wh
Whoa? That's quite the imagination you have there. I'm not sure how your dealer operates but I can see why you fellas are so hostile.

I do agree, that its only lame cause Polaris built it as Doo doesn't build lame things. :skidoo:

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im a polaris faithful hands down, but i cannot understand the hype for this 900. And the price... its more then what i paid for my boost. Has everyone forgotten that we ride at 6-8000 feet?? These Polaris ambassadors are as bad as our politicians. Repeat the same agenda and the masses will follow.

Regardless of what the REAL HP number is of the 850 to the 900 its only 7%. So, lets use 165HP for the 850 add the 7% giving the 900 177HP. Most of Valemount is right at 7000'. 3% per 1000 loss will give you 146 hp vs 180ish hp on the boost.

I hope everyone realizes a clutched and gear down 850 will be as fast or faster then this 900..... but ya... go spend 25K for a 12hp increase...

PS. i did snowcheck a 900 as the will need clutching
All the 9R owners are going to be Polaris beta testers for 2023. If the mill stays choochin' for next season, i would guess 2024 will have a turbina option added

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4AB5666B-FE1D-4B91-8C74-2C48A2C326DA.jpeg

You should try a set. I think if anyone can tune them you can. The old 500s and todays sleds are almost identical. Report back. Chrisco ran a set one winter so yes we’ve seen them in action.
9nerd!!! I don’t think I will take any words on this from a guy who rides a fat cat 👎🏻 That didn’t actually try a set out for himself ?
And I haven’t herd a bad thing about them until u, so they must just totally suck cuz one guy u knows outa 1500ish says so.
and didn’t buy the whole kit maybe??

The internet pfff lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowandmud 2019: All i want is my HP at altitude and thats all i will ever want
skidoo 2020: 165hp up to 8000ft 2 years warranty. BOOM mic drop.
snowandmud: wow thats lame, a turbo that doesnt even make more HP than stock
Polaris 2021: releases boost model with 1 year warranty and imaginary 180hp
snowandmud: shut up and take my money as long as its not a skidoo!!!
skidoo 2023: Proven 180hp factory turbo, weight reductions, new chassis
snowandmud: Pfft, bandaids, polaris says we are already 180 hp....NEXT
polaris 2023: 137HP big bore
Snowandmud: OMFG IVE WAITED SO LONG FOR THIS, THIS IS MY DREAM SLED, GAME CHANGING, GOLDEN TICKET FOR TREE RIDING, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!! OH YOU DONT WANT MY MONEY? HERE TAKE IT FOR NEXT YEAR!!! 900 BIG BORES HAVENT WORKED FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS BUT THIS IS DIFFERENT!!! Thanks chris burandt!! *touches tips*

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
9nerd!!! I don’t think I will take any words on this from a guy who rides a fat cat 👎🏻 That didn’t actually try a set out for himself ?
And I haven’t herd a bad thing about them until u, so they must just totally suck cuz one guy u knows outa 1500ish says so.
and didn’t buy the whole kit maybe??

The internet pfff lol

hes not wrong, im sure the owner will chime in here on the twins lol.

Top Bottom