How many miles before you had a issue?

starfire72

Reaction score
13 pro, 1250 miles and still waiting for an issue (i don't consider retorquing my top pulley bolt an issue).

To those with belt probs, try taking 50 to 60 thou. Out from behind the secondary and bolt it back up.

can you explain in more detail.. I have a 13 600 pro and i seem to need a new belt every 300 miles....

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So far 700 miles on the "little 600". Over all very happy with the sled. Love the handling in the hills and trees.
Still has the original driveshaft (with clamp), QD and clutch belts, spark plugs, not one hiccup yet.
I check it over after each ride, and have yet to find a loose bolt.
All I've done is adjust the oiler, install a tether, skid plate and some storage bags.
Best sled I've ever owned in 30 years.

Reactions: cs5

rydemx

Reaction score
Update on my earlier post , 2200 miles and my engine finally grenaded . It put a piston skirt thru the bottom of the case !

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2011 Pro
1730 Miles EGT Sensor
1920 Top end Squeaked Mag side piston.
Bought at 1700 so far not a good experience but now know enough about the machine to make my own opinion due to not knowing the previous owner.
Call me crazy but it’s still the best sled I have ever owned Great 3 days in Vale!!!!!!

Friends 2011 squeeked too. He just threw a rk tek drop in kit in it.

Polaris117

Reaction score
900 km. two lower control arms that the glue pulled. No impact. No warranty. Polaris finally went good on the first one. Now been over a week and no reply on the second. Has miss/stumble at about 5000 rpm. Drives me nuts. That seams to be trail speed when in a group. So far no fix. Had injector code thrown once. Dealer put dielectric grease on connections. Polaris see what happens. I don't have to worry about parking it somewhere safe. It spends most of the week at the dealer locked I. The shop. Dealer has been good, polaris not so much. Bad the driveshaft fix and QD bolts update. Original belts. I love the feel of the sled. Not happy with reliability. I have a tough decision to make.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
900 km. two lower control arms that the glue pulled. No impact. No warranty. Polaris finally went good on the first one. Now been over a week and no reply on the second. Has miss/stumble at about 5000 rpm. Drives me nuts. That seams to be trail speed when in a group. So far no fix. Had injector code thrown once. Dealer put dielectric grease on connections. Polaris see what happens. I don't have to worry about parking it somewhere safe. It spends most of the week at the dealer locked I. The shop. Dealer has been good, polaris not so much. Bad the driveshaft fix and QD bolts update. Original belts. I love the feel of the sled. Not happy with reliability. I have a tough decision to make.

Those A-arms are warranty for sure, your dealer is telling you a line of bs.

Polaris117

Reaction score
Polaris is trying to say it was impact damage. I have not hit anything though. As far as the dealer. Two reps from polaris were here and I talked to them. Polaris does feel its impact. I hope I can settle this peacefully.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2012 pro 800, just under 1000 miles this year, one fowled plug, one belt, one DET code. Gas and Go

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris is trying to say it was impact damage. I have not hit anything though. As far as the dealer. Two reps from polaris were here and I talked to them. Polaris does feel its impact. I hope I can settle this peacefully.

Impact from a big jump or casing a big jump probably. Shock bottoms out creates a lot of pressure on the bottom a-arm.

EH TEAM

Reaction score
The only 2 2013 Polaris PRO'S in our group of riders are going through those new drive belts WAAAAY to often. Each of those 2 guys has done 3-4 belts each and had to sit for an entire day waiting to be towed out while their friends shred POW. Nice work polaris!

Littledoo10

Reaction score
Update for mine. At 620 miles i stripped my first quickdrive belt, hit a hole at the base of a hill and the sled bounced and i didnt let off, once the track caught it chewed about 15-20 lugs off the belt. Lol no biggie cause i had a spare one in my back pack (thank jebus). I did notice the top bolt was loose on the top pully (didnt know about the update till i went to the dealer and said how i blew the belt and showed it to them) got the update bolts and a belt for free. Also when i hit that hole i blew somethin out in the skid, not sure what yet, havnt had the time to tear into it (pretty sure its the rear shock but its not leaking any oil). Then the second day i toasted a clutch belt (glazed the chit out of it and stretched it big time) i could hardly touch the secondary when i was swappin the belt cause it was so hot (ordered in some fire and ice vents to ditch the hot air), and smoked the spare belt when i was taking off in some deep snow after getting tangled up in a tree haha whoops! Once again the clutches were boiling hot. Other then that this sled is a gem and got rid of the bog once i got it tuned in and rips in the trees!

To the comment about takeing out 50-60 thou behind the secondary, would you mind elaberateing a bit more to that, not to familiar with these team secondarys.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode with two pros over the weekend in Blue River 2 drive belts, and 3 clutch belts in the first two days, towed one out of Chappel saturday and limped the other one out Foam way at the back on sunday, shitty end to two great days, well for both of them anyways lol

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Impact from a big jump or casing a big jump probably. Shock bottoms out creates a lot of pressure on the bottom a-arm.

Naaah those arent a case to deny warranty, a arms never break or come apart from jumps or casing unless i guess ur levi lavalee. Its a rock/stump/tree deal to do that kinda damage. Mine came apart at about 800k, had no replacements and had to ride so i put another honest 200k on moving a arms,,,,sketchy. Crooks at polaris tried the same deny warranty on impact grounds,,, dealer and me cracked up on that, they ended up gettin covered

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode with two pros over the weekend in Blue River 2 drive belts, and 3 clutch belts in the first two days, towed one out of Chappel saturday and limped the other one out Foam way at the back on sunday, shitty end to two great days, well for both of them anyways lol

Tmo i dont doubt there was those issues but damn buddy ya seem like ya got an agenda against the pro, maybe, maybe not? But u only ever throw straight out they suck info on em?
Maybe you ve seen all these issues but as an owner i havent, and i no joke believe or not ride the ch!t outta mine.... No qd belt failures and had a clutch belt start to come apart at 1000k of hard ridin,,, its not phenomenal mileage but im alright with it the way i ride

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tmo i dont doubt there was those issues but damn buddy ya seem like ya got an agenda against the pro, maybe, maybe not? But u only ever throw straight out they suck info on em?
Maybe you ve seen all these issues but as an owner i havent, and i no joke believe or not ride the ch!t outta mine.... No qd belt failures and had a clutch belt start to come apart at 1000k of hard ridin,,, its not phenomenal mileage but im alright with it the way i ride

tmo's panties got in a bunch when he was stirring his Doo-laid too vigorously a few months back. Been a whiny hard ass on Poo ever since. True story.

2000kms on mine- one issue with a bad jack shaft bearing and

4280kms on my husbands 2012- had to service the shocks and VES valves.

Big Whoop...

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo Laid.....? I dont even own a doo and never have owned a doo, If you can remeber correctly, not sure if u can at ur old age, I actually had a Pro demo for this entire season free of charge and was really looking forward to it as I was strongly thinking of buying one, until I rode the hunk of junk. Kindly gave it back and never wanted to take it again. Every time I have rode with a polaris this year it has resulted in a break down......, well except one day when we just rode out to one our warm up shacks around here, but he blew his motor sky high a month later with just over a 1000 miles on it. Way to many premature problems with these sleds and its getting to the point that I dont even want to venture into the backcountry with anyone on these things as it is causing way to much work for the rest of us when we gotta spend hours just trying to get them to the parking lot again. You call a bad jack shaft bearing a big whoop? It coulda been a huge problem. I seem to remeber you bitching cause you werent gonna have your sled fixed under warranty in time for your "girls ride" and had to pay out of pocket to get it in time......... but keep singing their praises because they are "AWESOME" what a joke. As for doo, all I have ever said is that it is a far superior sled than the pro, but I am not a doo guy, not by a long shot

tmo's panties got in a bunch when he was stirring his Doo-laid too vigorously a few months back. Been a whiny hard ass on Poo ever since. True story.

2000kms on mine- one issue with a bad jack shaft bearing and

4280kms on my husbands 2012- had to service the shocks and VES valves.

Big Whoop...

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do have an agenda against them. When we go riding with new pros we expect them to work good and they are having more problems than some of the older sleds we ride with. The problems they are having would be tolerable if they were four or five years old and had 3-4000 miles on em but cmon, to have 4 or 5 different things happening to multiple people I know with these sleds and hearing about everyone elses issues is getting a bit rediculous. These sleds are constantly ruining good days that I would rather spend riding, not hours towing and breaking other sleds in the process of towing them

Top Bottom