How many EVs to expect in 10 years, and why

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably a bunch of unused charging stations at the local mall area though that tax dollars paid for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do see charging stations, just no cars using them.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets take the actual EV car out of the conversation, instead of those graphs lets start with bigger equipment like farm machinery and construction machinery and lets see how much minerals you will need instead. Not to mention pricing down to the consumer for those said pieces of equipment and all that is required to charge them and repair if needed. 1 D10 or Grader or 7240 emitting so called carbon through out the life of those will surely skyrocket past a "premium ice vehicle", lets open that box and see those graphs. Not some little piddly model 3 yadda yadda that simply virtue signals to the public that you think in your mind you are doing the world a favor and can go from 0-60 in 4 sec but only go 300-600 km and need 2 days to charge it. Lets open the BIG BOX of TOYS conversation.;)

Who told you it takes 2 days to charge a model 3?

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who told you it takes 2 days to charge a model 3?

Speculation with the current charge rate of the charger in Etown for a fella to get enough to go home, and he only charged 2hrs. Did it not take you 3 days to go from home to Etown and back as well i seem to remember. So what does this have to do with my post on Bigger equip btw? EV cars are great for short commutes but nothing more, if you want to go out of town camping your pooched unless you bring your genny along and can stand that racket for hours on end. Going from Calg to Etown rarely is not classified as daily driving. We are a long ways away from EV's being a normal vehicle in this province unless of course you are locked down in cities and told when you can drive and when you cannot. Like i said lets start with bigger equip and see how that will trickle down to the consumer etc... Btw with the many fuel stations they are building around urban cities it's not hard to see what will prevail.;)

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s a 1.6km drive to the grocery store. I guess I must be buying a lot of groceries. One day I might take it out for a road trip but I’m still pretty scared.

6926acb0c6ee8436be227f74dac012e8.jpg

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s a 1.6km drive to the grocery store. I guess I must be buying a lot of groceries. One day I might take it out for a road trip but I’m still pretty scared.

6926acb0c6ee8436be227f74dac012e8.jpg

Roadtrips do not include urban centers to make sure you have charging capabilities though. i would be curious as to what you would use going to other places where charging is not so accessible, feel free to share along.;)

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Roadtrips do not include urban centers to make sure you have charging capabilities though. i would be curious as to what you would use going to other places where charging is not so accessible, feel free to share along.;)

You don’t got any electricity at your house?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I know the long road trips I take would not work with some gay electric vehicle. Every couple years we do a 7000-10,000 Km road trip tour to go golf and adventure around Canada and the states. Lots of areas don’t have electric charging stations often enough or convenient enough. Having to stop for an hour or more twice a day on travel days would make things extremely inconvenient. However that is exactly what the govt wants is people not travelling around in a way that takes away their control. If you stay in your general area and fly places then they have an exact location ish of where you are and can often dictate where you visit.

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We drove to Mexico in October, and back in January, couldn't imagine doing that in an electric anything.
Would Definitely have to carry a large generator and lots of gas.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know the long road trips I take would not work with some gay electric vehicle. Every couple years we do a 7000-10,000 Km road trip tour to go golf and adventure around Canada and the states. Lots of areas don’t have electric charging stations often enough or convenient enough. Having to stop for an hour or more twice a day on travel days would make things extremely inconvenient. However that is exactly what the govt wants is people not travelling around in a way that takes away their control. If you stay in your general area and fly places then they have an exact location ish of where you are and can often dictate where you visit.

My point exactly;) Controlling your freedoms by limiting your accessibility to charging stations does exactly nothing for the owner or the climate let alone the limited range you can go. Like i said lets make John deere's or Cats EV's and really see the limitations then. Lets see the graph on that J :)

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can see you deflect the ? i asked quite well when it does not fit your thought train. Ok all is good move along nothing to say here lol!!

I’m not deflecting the question I just don’t hang out in areas without electricity.

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, so?

They are far more polluting to build, and then charging them is also often just burning fuel to do as well.
Wouldn't it be better to just buy an ICE to begin with.
My wife was set on an electric car a couple years ago, till she drove them, and researched them, then she went with another gas powered car.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are far more polluting to build, and then charging them is also often just burning fuel to do as well.
Wouldn't it be better to just buy an ICE to begin with.
My wife was set on an electric car a couple years ago, till she drove them, and researched them, then she went with another gas powered car.

You live in British Columbia. Where does your electricity come from?

Top Bottom