SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
January 31, 2023 by Adam Malik

How many EVs to expect in 10 years, and why​

Electric-car-EV-plug-Depositphotos_9504798_S.jpg

Image credit: Depositphotos.com
An industry analyst projected that battery electric vehicles will have a 10 per cent market share by 2025 and grow to 57 per cent 10 years from now.

And there’s no reason why that shouldn’t happen, according to Daniel Ross, senior automotive analyst at Canadian Black Book.

“Every OEM out there has either got plans or has EVs out there and is developing more to make it before that mandated 2035 timeframe,” he added.

He’s referring to the federal government mandate of all passenger vehicles sold in Canada being a zero-emission vehicle by the middle of the next decade.

Will consumers buy in? Yes, Ross believes so. The main reason is that vehicle range is at a level where most people feel comfortable, at about 400 km.

“The level of range across the board is pretty high,” he said. “We’re around 400-500 kilometres on most vehicles out there — 400 is the real breaking point in terms of when consideration can be had for a lot of users out there of EVs.”

People will throw out situations of wanting to make long road trips but how often do people make these trips? Nevertheless, range is expected to grow where such concerns are lessened.

“We’re at a point now where most consumers can get behind this range and see that it sustains your day-to-day life,” Ross said. “Apparently, everyone wants to go from Vancouver to Halifax all the time.

“But ultimately, [range] is still going to grow. There’s going to be cars that go above that.”

There will also be advances in battery technology that will help. But there are challenges at the moment.

While there is room for lithium-ion to grow, Ross observed, they’re a hot commodity. “The lithium fields are sort of anticipated to be in a shortage status around 2025. What’s happening is the usage of lithium for production of EVs is outpacing us finding it. And so that’s really going to become an issue.”

But there are new technologies in development. He highlighted sila nanotechnologies that are coming to the market. These are expected to balance out the anticipated deficiencies in lithium.

“So what they’re doing is increasing energy density per battery and that’s reducing our reliance on lithium per vehicle, which is going to elongate that supply, and let us get into that next generation of EVs,” Ross said. “Perhaps it might be solid state technologies or something upon us that we haven’t even heard of yet.”

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Teslas were built with 1930s technology
They''ll be around for as long as POGS from the 90s were

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a well thought out argument against the EV mandates and green energy projects by a US congressman. He makes a lot of sense.
View attachment 265890

Democrat: You sir, mr McClintock are crazy and belong in a mental institution, those claims about electric cars needing more mines to produce are complete fantasy…….. Now let’s change the subject and bring to the stage, a brilliant young woman who says even though she wasn’t born a woman she now has regular menstrual cycles…….
80d89ae47ef7c32dfdb1944a719c6640.jpg

Republican: (throws arms in the air) I give up, it’s like I’m talking to a fuking 4 year old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Range is important but you also need a reliable fast charging network in the proper locations. Right now there is only one brand that has that.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Range is important but you also need a reliable fast charging network in the proper locations. Right now there is only one brand that has that.

But …. Ford ev is on hold due to Chinese partnerships 🧐🧐🧐🧐 so maybe very little range?

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a well thought out argument against the EV mandates and green energy projects by a US congressman. He makes a lot of sense.
View attachment 265890
If you want to understand the mining issue clearly, this video is very good. It's another piece of the insanity to the EV mandates & why it will never work. I try & sit back thinking the retards will figure it out & maybe they will go away.......

This fellow is a Canadian BTW, we do have very smart people amongst us.......

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An F350 4x4 that has 1000 kms range while towing a trailer and in 8 inches of snow on the road, at the same price as a gas powered engine F350, and they would probably sell a bunch of them.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to understand the mining issue clearly, this video is very good. It's another piece of the insanity to the EV mandates & why it will never work. I try & sit back thinking the retards will figure it out & maybe they will go away.......

Very interesting and informative:) I am gonna bet they will not show nor let this man speak in any indoctrination schools or public symposiums though lol!

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Why are EV skeptics so against mining? Isn’t mining good for the economy?

Last edited:

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why are EV skeptics so against mining? Isn’t mining good for the economy?

The EV skeptics are not against mining, the EV mob is against mining. & yes mining just like fossil fuel is needed & good for the economy

EV mob cannot understand both of these are needed to build their junk........the reality is it takes nearly 2.5 X the metal & fuel to build the EV than a ICE vehicle. Your environmental impact with an EV is 2.5 times that of an ICE vehicle before you turn the key........brilliant isn't it Ha!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thats the Tesla correct? One observation I have is they are expensive and I see them in Calgary and Houston Texas where people have higher incomes. Out here in hillbilly land I rarely see one unless they are passing through.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The EV skeptics are not against mining, the EV mob is against mining. & yes mining just like fossil fuel is needed & good for the economy

EV mob cannot understand both of these are needed to build their junk........the reality is it takes nearly 2.5 X the metal & fuel to build the EV than a ICE vehicle. Your environmental impact with an EV is 2.5 times that of an ICE vehicle before you turn the key........brilliant isn't it Ha!

How can you want EV and not mining? EV come from mined materials.

b56c3be2aec2cd00cb48d1319be3f7bf.png

Yes the manufacturing phase of an EV is higher than ICE. What about life time emissions over the life of the vehicle?

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats the Tesla correct? One observation I have is they are expensive and I see them in Calgary and Houston Texas where people have higher incomes. Out here in hillbilly land I rarely see one unless they are passing through.

$72k for an AWD car that gets 95 MPG and does 0-60 in 3.2 seconds doesn't sound unreasonable.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How can you want EV and not mining? EV come from mined materials.

b56c3be2aec2cd00cb48d1319be3f7bf.png

Yes the manufacturing phase of an EV is higher than ICE. What about life time emissions over the life of the vehicle?

Lets take the actual EV car out of the conversation, instead of those graphs lets start with bigger equipment like farm machinery and construction machinery and lets see how much minerals you will need instead. Not to mention pricing down to the consumer for those said pieces of equipment and all that is required to charge them and repair if needed. 1 D10 or Grader or 7240 emitting so called carbon through out the life of those will surely skyrocket past a "premium ice vehicle", lets open that box and see those graphs. Not some little piddly model 3 yadda yadda that simply virtue signals to the public that you think in your mind you are doing the world a favor and can go from 0-60 in 4 sec but only go 300-600 km and need 2 days to charge it. Lets open the BIG BOX of TOYS conversation.;)

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$72k for an AWD car that gets 95 MPG and does 0-60 in 3.2 seconds doesn't sound unreasonable.
Oh I agree, but out here they drive some old rust bucket dragging parts down the road. lol

i likely will get one when it is time to replace my BMW diesel that gets 50 mpg because fuel is so high

was just up in Austin Texas this week There is a Tesla factory there and a lot of them on the roads around there. My rental kia couldn't keep up lol

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been living in the PG area for 19 months, and have yet to see a Tesla here.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been living in the PG area for 19 months, and have yet to see a Tesla here.

Probably a bunch of unused charging stations at the local mall area though that tax dollars paid for

Top Bottom