How does your group operate

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
oh yah hes deffinetly asking to wait LOLOL

Decisions, decisions, decisions. Still a tough world out there :snow:

I guess it depends on a lot of things; how close of a friend, does he return big favours, total group thoughts, etc..

If I was working, I wouldn't ask and I would get my arse out there as soon as I could. I don't think I'd wait either but that is not my decision. Good luck Sean :snow:

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does he not have his own? if he does then he can drive himself as far as I'm concerned

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone I ride with has a deck and or trailer of there own. If there is 5 of you; taking 1 truck and trailer for 5 sleds, guys and gear is unlikely. I would never ask my group to wait nor would anyone else in it. If one was to volunteer to wait cool. JMO.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mmmmmmmm, if your sleds in the trailer, your splitting diesel. If your not in the truck its on you to get to your sled/home

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
God Damn your guys are hard core!!!!!!
With temps of -24 every morning an at best -16 for a high
POW or no POW that's just TOOOOO damn cold

FriNov 28Mainly cloudy
8.png

-16°C
3°F
-22°C
-8°F
40%
-
-
N 10 km/h
N 6 mph
SatNov 29
Sunny
1.png

-16°C
3°F
-24°C
-11°F
10%
-
-
N 5 km/h
N 3 mph

SunNov 30
Mainly sunny
2.png

-14°C
7°F
-24°C
-11°F
20%
-
-
SE 5 km/h
SE 3 mph

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Haul his sled and he can meet you Friday night. Then someone cAn jump in with him on the way home. Super easy issue. It's not like its a huge planned ride that everyone's been waiting for. Even if it was my truck we were depending on I would let the guys take it and use one of their vehicles to get there.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the rest here. Hes on his own. Its not like your leaving him on the battlefield or something.....its a sledding trip! If it were me I would just drive out by myself the next day and then the trip home wont be so crowded because 1 or 2 can jump in with him on the way home.

And I agree with ministik man.......that is way too frickin cold!

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol he's on his own.. This happens to me every ride, my buddies go out on thursday and i day trip on sat.. Maybe get lucky and have an inversion up top!

tranquillicer

Reaction score
God Damn your guys are hard core!!!!!!
With temps of -24 every morning an at best -16 for a high
POW or no POW that's just TOOOOO damn cold

FriNov 28Mainly cloudy
http://s2.twnmm.com/images/icons/wxicons_medium/8.png
-16°C
3°F
-22°C
-8°F
40%
-
-
N 10 km/h
N 6 mph
SatNov 29
Sunny
http://s2.twnmm.com/images/icons/wxicons_medium/1.png
-16°C
3°F
-24°C
-11°F
10%
-
-
N 5 km/h
N 3 mph

SunNov 30
Mainly sunny
http://s2.twnmm.com/images/icons/wxicons_medium/2.png
-14°C
7°F
-24°C
-11°F
20%
-
-
SE 5 km/h
SE 3 mph

Your jokin right.....usually the locals that sit out the cold days because they have more opportunities to ride. In our group number 5 is on his own

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your jokin right.....usually the locals that sit out the cold days because they have more opportunities to ride. In our group number 5 is on his own
I have a friend that lives in Vale and he comes with us on the sunday ride when we're in town. was stupid poor visibility one day when he came and one of my friends asks "where do you guys ride when it's chitty like this?" my buddy looks at him like he's from outer space, and says "we don't"...lol

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you would have too many guys for one truck anyway.
We would find a sixth guy in the same situation and convince them they should go sledding and while they're at it... drive up with this guy!

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
that's a lot to expect to cut the trip short a day. especially with the extreme cold, because I would expect the weather to quite possibly shorten your ride time as it is. once you get that chill in you, its likely time to start heading back down. but hey? not my call

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahhhhh young maxwell to leave or not to leave this is the question that needs to be pondered are the stars aligned has the sun set is the wind at your back many things to ponder will the force be with you and so on and so on get the fawk out of dodge and go sledding now not now but right now

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haul his sled and he can meet you Friday night. Then someone cAn jump in with him on the way home. Super easy issue. It's not like its a huge planned ride that everyone's been waiting for. Even if it was my truck we were depending on I would let the guys take it and use one of their vehicles to get there.

Perfect answer, this is what we would do as well. Probably split the fuel 5 ways for both trucks as well.

Top Bottom