First "ride" on the coast on the T3, and a couple of new product reviews...

Dsoicher

Reaction score
Re: First "ride" on the coast on the T3, and a couple of new product reviews...

Much better grip on the bar.. you use your opposing thumb to grip and hold everything else in life .. why use 4 fingers to grip the bars and use thumb for throttle ?

Sure you'll get used to it after a year of sledding but using the index finger makes more sense

You can also 2 finger it on a long trail ride, less fatigue ..

That and I think the index finger has finer muscle control than the thumb, so better throttle control

Anything has pros and cons .. I'm willing to try the finger throttle.. i've only had one ride on it so far and ended up with a cramped forearm because I'm not used to it .. but i'll report back mid season.

You could just turn your throttle around, but it sucks compared to a real finger throttle ..

Makes sense, thanks

smc

Reaction score

I have gone over the handle bars a few times with the brake hitting trees but it takes way more pressure to push than the throttle flipper. Be warned it will happen.

if you position the throttle mostly down with a slight forward facing angle the 'tree pinning' shouldn't be an issue. the added bonus of this angle is you can still use your thumb when sitting down on the trail to lessen the cramping of the forearm.

as someone who downhill/cross country bikes the finger throttle just feels right

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Like RGM said finger throttle is good for jumping, come down hard off of some big drop and you're less likely to mash the throttle.

Or have your body hit the throttle right before you go over the bars and get run over by your sled...lol

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

agree with lilduke ...

I like the idea of a finger throtle, but would deffinately put a bash guard on it ...

I run a lefty, I had to raise the brake lever a wee bit so I could get it pointed strait down. I didnt want to hit it with a knee or hip. I 2up snowboarders alot and nobody has had an issue or hit it. 1 time I got bucked off and buddy kept going from the passenger side. people laughed, others wondered wtf just happened ... on my heavy sled its a good thing. on a xm or poo its not needed ...

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Enough about finger throttles.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Enough about finger throttles.
The OP seems engaged in the conversation and the thread title includes" and a couple of new product reviews".......so what's your particular issue?

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Why do you need to hear more than one or 2 comments about a product that has been available for more than 10 years?

Do you want to be able to make the sled go without holding onto the right bar? Yes.

Do you realize there are risks involved? Yes.

Buy one. Take it off if you hate it. There like $80

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Why do you need to hear more than one or 2 comments about a product that has been available for more than 10 years?

Do you want to be able to make the sled go without holding onto the right bar? Yes.

If you feel so strongly I would suggest not reading it......

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Dude .. you should see if it's possible to run a sled deck on a 1/2 ton .. or how to tie down your sled properly .. seriously !

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Buy one. Take it off if you hate it. There like $160

But I do agree with you on your two other points .. except for the price, they are a bit more than $80 ! d'oh

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So run a lefty or a finger throttle if you like, I just wanted to let the new riders know and consider the down sides before they discard the ancient style thumb flipper just because they are used to a dirt bike or other. Those 1950's-60's sled designers probably all went through this, throttle freeze up, trees, roll overs etc.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So run a lefty or a finger throttle if you like, I just wanted to let the new riders know and consider the down sides before they discard the ancient style thumb flipper just because they are used to a dirt bike or other. Those 1950's-60's sled designers probably all went through this, throttle freeze up, trees, roll overs etc.

excatly, its all been done before, theres a reason that we don't have twist throttles either. No biggie though, if guys like it, face it forward. Seems to be more of a case of "justification" or whatever at this point. Who cares, I got one on the seadoo, don't really feel like I have a better grip on the bars when using it. Forward facing on my sled would be full of snow and pine needles (or maybe spruce needles depending on the area....). Too worried about a pinned open throttle to face it forward and put my button underneath, after having a throttle stick wide open on my open mod, I like having my button right there by my thumb for quick shut down.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Till you need it.
My kill switch is on the side of my riser.....get familiar with its location and good to go. ..........different strokes....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I put a o ring over kill switch

Have to hold it down to shut off

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

nothing like having the kill switch facing up and bump it while climbing in some deep a-- snow :beer:

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well

I've put on 3 days on the finger throttle now .. and not gonna lie, I've turned it back around as a thumb throttle .... I did not like it! Makes a great thumb throttle though, much better than the stock one lol

I'm sure i'll get used to it if I keep at it. It is a great product.. it's just not for me

That being said, we had a kickass weekend in Revy .. here's a quick clip while I edit the rest ..

You can hear my TSS tunnel dump on the snow .. I freaking love the sound !

Top Bottom