First "ride" on the coast on the T3, and a couple of new product reviews...

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couldn't wait any more !! we had 2 foot of fresh overnight (on top of mud) so what the heck .. up we went (Brohm Ridge)

We unloaded way lower than expected and by the time we made it half way to the cabin we couldn't hear rock on carbide anymore

I got to hear the TSS Quiet tunnel dump on the snow and was very pleased. Sorry no video :( was too excited to ride! It sounds a lot like my buddy's SLP can. Good rumble at idle, nice and linear sound increase at throttle doesn't have that crappy tunnel dump sound like their regular one does and it isn't loud at all. I'm the biggest stickler on loud cans and I was happy with it.

Here's what it sounds like in the garage. I'll try to remember my gopro next time I go for a ride (which could be a while again as it is getting warm again)

I also had a new finger throttle put on.. always wanted to try these and this is a brand new product buy a guy who lives in whistler. I really like the product, the control is a lot better with a finger throttle and once I get used to the arm pump I'm sure I won't look back ! Snow buildup shouldn't be too bad either as it was designed to clear snow. It also has a heating element in it !

As for the T3 itself .. well didn't really get to RIDE it too much as we only had a 2 foot base (which was 2 foot of fresh snow) but it has a lot of traction with less ski lift than my '13 154 xm.. just as easy to tip over.

Anyways, here's some pics, nothing too exciting other than getting snow in my skid and having some nice views and putting 20 km on the machine:)

10422600_10152631842053591_1035349754960273723_n.jpg

10391029_10152631842478591_6169734965808993224_n.jpg

WAIST DEEEP ! hahaha

10676258_10152631936728591_2378083719310575650_n.jpg

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: First "ride" on the coast on the T3, and a couple of new product reviews...

I really question the finger throttle or that ACE electronic throttle that can be set in the front. These are the worst idea if you ride trees. Just imagine going through the tight stuff and a tree branch whacks that throttle. It will go full very fast and throw you into the tree even harder. I guess for trail riding it may be good but even then you sometimes encounter willows thick enough to force it on. Maybe the answer is a metal hand guard to protect that flipper?

Evils33d

Reaction score

Nice! The dog had the most fun I bet.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You definitely have to get used to it .. and be more careful in the trees of course .. everything has it's benefits and drawbacks ...

How often does a tree branch hit your brake lever and stop or slow you down while you are in the trees !?

Buddy's dog did have the most fun, 12 year old guy ran 20 km behind our sleds and would stop rolling in the snow .. he gets to chase us down on the trials bikes all summer and sleds all winter ... Dogs have the best life!

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You definitely have to get used to it .. and be more careful in the trees of course .. everything has it's benefits and drawbacks ...

How often does a tree branch hit your brake lever and stop or slow you down while you are in the trees !?

Buddy's dog did have the most fun, 12 year old guy ran 20 km behind our sleds and would stop rolling in the snow .. he gets to chase us down on the trials bikes all summer and sleds all winter ... Dogs have the best life!

I have gone over the handle bars a few times with the brake hitting trees but it takes way more pressure to push than the throttle flipper. Be warned it will happen.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Nice! Thanks for sharing young fellow! I have a son living out there once again, so I may be taking a trip. If I get there, we'll have to hook up!:snow:

Ride Whistler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nice pics guys! I'm up in Bralorne working on our new lodge...it's snowing hard up here. The forecast is calling for over 100cm in the alpine this week. It should be game on by the weekend!

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nice pics guys! I'm up in Bralorne working on our new lodge...it's snowing hard up here. The forecast is calling for over 100cm in the alpine this week. It should be game on by the weekend!

hmm.. maybe we come pay a visit ? I'm good with a paint brush !

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nice! Thanks for sharing young fellow! I have a son living out there once again, so I may be taking a trip. If I get there, we'll have to hook up!:snow:

You bet ... young fella ;)

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Dan treadway used a finger throttle last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i put a finger throttle on my quad like 10 years ago, did a catwalk....... the crazy power of the 250 trail boss threw me back with my hand keeping the throttle wide open and trying to hold on as it bumper skids down the road. I bail and quad lands on all 4 and slowly runs into the neighbors shed. took it off right after that. about a 30 minute run was enough for me.

that being said it was a 2 finger lever.....bmx bike brake lever. so it wasnt as easy as lifting the index to let off, my weight was being held up by that index and middle finger pulling on the throttle.

our watercraft has a one finger throttle, works fine......

Last edited:

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If you can learn to throttle with your thumb, you can learn to throttle with your index finger ;)

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I ran a lefty throttle one trip. Slid closer to a tree than I wanted, branch pinned both the throttle and brake. Replaced the belt and ripped that f'ing thing off right there.

Dsoicher

Reaction score

Sounds like there are cons to a finger throttle.... what are the pros?

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Dan treadway used a finger throttle last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for jumping but not much else. Same as those leftie throttles sounds good but not worth having

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sounds like there are cons to a finger throttle.... what are the pros?

Much better grip on the bar.. you use your opposing thumb to grip and hold everything else in life .. why use 4 fingers to grip the bars and use thumb for throttle ?

Sure you'll get used to it after a year of sledding but using the index finger makes more sense

You can also 2 finger it on a long trail ride, less fatigue ..

That and I think the index finger has finer muscle control than the thumb, so better throttle control

Anything has pros and cons .. I'm willing to try the finger throttle.. i've only had one ride on it so far and ended up with a cramped forearm because I'm not used to it .. but i'll report back mid season.

You could just turn your throttle around, but it sucks compared to a real finger throttle ..

Top Bottom