Fernie Season 2021/2022

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard last night that Corbin road was PLOWED yesterday. sledders were on the way out yesterday and had 6kms of dirt to ride on. (probably to the barnes lake turnoff). Don't think that FSA has the sled road built either.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard last night that Corbin road was PLOWED yesterday. sledders were on the way out yesterday and had 6kms of dirt to ride on. (probably to the barnes lake turnoff). Don't think that FSA has the sled road built either.
I’d be pretty pizzed if there was no warning or sign stating that was gonna happen. I’m sure the coal or logging boys had a good laugh when they were doing that

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’d be pretty pizzed if there was no warning or sign stating that was gonna happen. I’m sure the coal or logging boys had a good laugh when they were doing that
It is on their website that the first groom is today and the road is plowed to that junction and they are building a trail parallel to the main road

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure Ken. I read that on there a while ago and was under impression they will be plowing it all winter. Checked this morning and that message is on there. Planning on riding there a bit this winter with son in law and daughter once i deliver there sleds down to them.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Statements​

3:53 AM PST Friday 17 December 2021
Special weather statement in effect for:

• Elk Valley

Heavy snow on Saturday and Saturday night.

Locations: Highway 3 - Paulson Summit to Kootenay Pass, Kootenay Lake, parts of East Kootenay, Elk Valley.

Timespan: Saturday through Sunday.

Potential snowfall accumulation:
20 to 40 cm for Highway 3 - Paulson Summit to Kootenay Pass
10 to 15 cm for Kootenay Lake and East Kootenay
Up to 30 cm for Elk Valley, near Fernie and Morrisey.

Remarks: A strong Pacific frontal system will spread heavy snow to the B.C. interior beginning Saturday morning. Snow heavy at times will persist Saturday night before tapering off early Sunday morning.

Winter storm warnings, or snowfall warnings may be issued as the event draws closer.

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Statements​

3:53 AM PST Friday 17 December 2021
Special weather statement in effect for:

• Elk Valley

Heavy snow on Saturday and Saturday night.

Locations: Highway 3 - Paulson Summit to Kootenay Pass, Kootenay Lake, parts of East Kootenay, Elk Valley.

Timespan: Saturday through Sunday.

Potential snowfall accumulation:
20 to 40 cm for Highway 3 - Paulson Summit to Kootenay Pass
10 to 15 cm for Kootenay Lake and East Kootenay
Up to 30 cm for Elk Valley, near Fernie and Morrisey.

Remarks: A strong Pacific frontal system will spread heavy snow to the B.C. interior beginning Saturday morning. Snow heavy at times will persist Saturday night before tapering off early Sunday morning.

Winter storm warnings, or snowfall warnings may be issued as the event draws closer.

So your sayings with all these storms it’s getting close.

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m planning on heading out Monday.
Do a little exploring. I just have no idea where yet.
If you do get out or end up going somewhere, let us know how it is!!!!! Too bad it wasn’t like back in the day I remember sledding up at the pipeline in November sure!!! Them days are gone……

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming down good...looking promising.

Griz Cam Dec 18.jpg

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you do get out or end up going somewhere, let us know how it is!!!!! Too bad it wasn’t like back in the day I remember sledding up at the pipeline in November sure!!! Them days are gone……

Will do.
Just came through Fernie a couple hours ago. Looks like it should be decent.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just telling someone the other day in the mid 90’s the ole 670 summit be out for gas from the meter shack to wranglers in November busting a trail in cause the snow was so deep. Lol.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just telling someone the other day in the mid 90’s the ole 670 summit be out for gas from the meter shack to wranglers in November busting a trail in cause the snow was so deep. Lol.
Those days are gone it seems

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Then in February, a Pineapple Express would come out of the Pacific and the creeks would flow. Always seemed to be a challenge in those days.

100B0182.JPG 100B0161.JPG

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We’re going to Corbin today. It good, just not much base, so it’s a bit interesting getting into some areas. Spent 2 hours breaking thru some mess that is normally an easy ride by late December.

Top Bottom