2022/2023 fernie season.

corey.greene

Reaction score
Alrighty folks. Let’s get this season started. Let’s keep everyone informed of the areas conditions and post those pics.
d71d94c47cd790b566fac21deac6ead0.jpg

Safe travels and cheers to an excellent season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryson

Reaction score
How’s things looking this week? Warm weather screw it all up like every where else?

BigPow

Reaction score
How’s things looking this week? Warm weather screw it all up like every where else?
Has anybody ridden Fernie yet this year? What is the base like? Never been down to the Fernie area, but heard it's usually a spot to wait until January to ride. At the same time I see the Ski hill is reporting more than Revvy so maybe this is an unusual start for them.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They always report more than Revy but in my opinion it’s bull crap. Last 2/3 years snow at Fernie has been poor. They need a change in weather

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Corbin yesterday and staged from the townsite parking lot. Had some good lines in wind loaded trees. Lots of land mines still. Enough snow to get around, but still early season conditions.

Attachments

• 57FA4F7B-7E47-4CE0-B8DD-381799DFDFAB.jpeg
    57FA4F7B-7E47-4CE0-B8DD-381799DFDFAB.jpeg
    388.6 KB · Views: 204

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anybody ridden Fernie yet this year? What is the base like? Never been down to the Fernie area, but heard it's usually a spot to wait until January to ride. At the same time I see the Ski hill is reporting more than Revvy so maybe this is an unusual start for them.
Never trust the ski hill report, its used to sell ski tickets. I think they use a tape measure that's printed in Kelvins or something. Whatever they report for base depth or new snow, usually I adjust to about 60-65% of what they say and its almost bang on.

BigPow

Reaction score
Never trust the ski hill report, its used to sell ski tickets. I think they use a tape measure that's printed in Kelvins or something. Whatever they report for base depth or new snow, usually I adjust to about 60-65% of what they say and its almost bang on.
Good to know

poysatron

Reaction score
Wouldn’t mind a weekday trip out of Calgary within the next 3 weeks. Doesn’t have to be amazing, didn’t ride once last year. Anyone up for a trip? Or a riding buddy? Have strong back and amazing humour

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They always report more than Revy but in my opinion it’s bull crap. Last 2/3 years snow at Fernie has been poor. They need a change in weather
and castle mountian reports more than Fernie or Revelstroke. Can never trust ski hill snow reports. The best is their prase for a snow drought "packed powder" lol

Ryson

Reaction score
How’s the snow down there guys? Updates please. Which trails are open? Also is the pipeline off limits this year? That’s what I hear but never confirmed. Sorry for all the questions lol. Appreciate any responses.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How’s the snow down there guys? Updates please. Which trails are open? Also is the pipeline off limits this year? That’s what I hear but never confirmed. Sorry for all the questions lol. Appreciate any responses.
Saw a vid on Factbook from a buddy on the pipeline yesterday. Looked alright for snow

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s a good start to the year and the forecast looks very promising but there‘s still a ton of land mines if you don’t know where to go. Gotta be patient guys, remember we aren't usually game on until Xmas. Same with CNP.

Ryson

Reaction score
Thinking I’m gonna try the weekend of the 17th. My boy is only 12 so wanna get some miles on with him this year. Forecast looks decent

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s a good start to the year and the forecast looks very promising but there‘s still a ton of land mines if you don’t know where to go. Gotta be patient guys, remember we aren't usually game on until Xmas. Same with CNP.
What he said. Saw a FB report that said it was ok but still hitting rocks etc with the skis and tracks if you aren't careful. Still early. Keep in mind that its a condensed area this year, lots of pipeline activity and Morrissey is closed all season as far as I know for pipeline work.

Ryson

Reaction score
That was my next question thank you. So coal creek is it then? What about the atlas coal mine?

Thanks in advance

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AS far as I know as per FSA Coal Creek is not open for week or two as the road is still washed out. There is tons of logging going on even up Corbin, coal leach, leach roads.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping the FSA will post where the logging is going on as they have in the past years. When Coal Creek opens up that's a great place to stage from

Ryson

Reaction score
Ya forsure I usually go morrisey but that’s out this year! Or if I stay in Coleman I go up the tin shack by atlas.

Top Bottom