2023/2024 Fernie area

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a buddy of mine just text me about the conditions up Coal Creek. His friends were up there today and said tons of carnage. lots of wrecked sleds and one guy wrecked his new Polaris and broke his collerbone. Not sure where they were but was told Coal Creek. Also said the area needs 4 FEET of snow. I am still going up there tomorrow to take in the FSA avi/demo days so I will see for myself

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I attended the FSA event yesterday that was being held at the rolling hills cabin and it was the biggest turn out EVER. There is snow to be found that's for sure. Still tons of carnage. When we did actually ride we were in a fog bank so really didn't explore too much. Coal creek staging area was packed so much that the trucks were lined up back to the graveyard which is miles down from the toll booth. The president figure 500 sledders paid yesterday. That includes Morrissey, Coal Creek and Corbin. I would think his number is fairly correct.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up yesterday as well . They need snow! I have never seen it that low this time of year. On the bright side met some nice people and still had a good ride . Son-in-law tried out a 9R with the 3.25 track and loved it. The new cat looked cool but was running hot. We probed 120 cm in the trees just down from the double hill. I can't believe the metal stakes still all over the pipeline! A friend went to corbin yesterday and had the same report. Far cry from the Revy ride 10 days ago.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up yesterday as well . They need snow! I have never seen it that low this time of year. On the bright side met some nice people and still had a good ride . Son-in-law tried out a 9R with the 3.25 track and loved it. The new cat looked cool but was running hot. We probed 120 cm in the trees just down from the double hill. I can't believe the metal stakes still all over the pipeline! A friend went to corbin yesterday and had the same report. Far cry from the Revy ride 10 days ago.
did you try any of the yummy burgers?

Got Juice?

Reaction score
Here

Attachments

• powowow.jpg
    powowow.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 149

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard a couple guys spent the night on the hill?
Yes . the avi group posted that 2 guys spent a night but was well equip and did the right things to be okay. In the morning due to the weather the rescue people walked in. Not sure of all the details but that's what I heard

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you still unload at the tin shed on the corbin road and go down the pipeline to the notch? Was planning a ride on Saturday hoping to do that.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you still unload at the tin shed on the corbin road and go down the pipeline to the notch? Was planning a ride on Saturday hoping to do that.
Be very careful I'm sure those metal posts sticking out would do some damage for sure not to mention all the other crap they have left all over. Not at all like the good old days on the pipeline.

Jagger!

Reaction score
Hey guys, how's the Fernie area after this warm and rain? Did you make it unscathed?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the Ski Hill for real? You can't make this sh!t up and yet they are still trying.....

50 cms in the last 7 days? 185 cm base? LMAO where, right under the snow making gun? Any astute observer looking at the webcams can tell you by looking at the amount of ski tracks, there's not a snowflake on the hill that hasn't been touched in the last 2 weeks or more. The Bears Den Cam is "mid-mountain", there's barely 10" on the roof and you can visibly see grass by the trees on the right. Where'd they measure the 185 cm base - top of the mountain on that cornice? I actually LOL'd when I saw the picture. Never seen a hill mis-report the conditions as bad as Fernie.
1707935448589.png

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the Ski Hill for real? You can't make this sh!t up and yet they are still trying.....

50 cms in the last 7 days? 185 cm base? LMAO where, right under the snow making gun? Any astute observer looking at the webcams can tell you by looking at the amount of ski tracks, there's not a snowflake on the hill that hasn't been touched in the last 2 weeks or more. The Bears Den Cam is "mid-mountain", there's barely 10" on the roof and you can visibly see grass by the trees on the right. Where'd they measure the 185 cm base - top of the mountain on that cornice? I actually LOL'd when I saw the picture. Never seen a hill mis-report the conditions as bad as Fernie. View attachment 279616

They are notorious for this. The last time I rode there in 2004 they were reporting near 400cm of snowpack and recent fresh snow and there was maybe 150-180cm at the deepest spot , and dirt patches the size of cars everywhere at the bottom, some runs closed due to coverage. Woke up to rain the 3rd day and just went home. Never again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did I read the groomer report correctly they groomed the pipeline to the notch last night?

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

50 cms in the last 7 days? 185 cm base? LMAO where, right under the snow making gun? Any astute observer looking at the webcams can tell you by looking at the amount of ski tracks, there's not a snowflake on the hill that hasn't been touched in the last 2 weeks or more. The Bears Den Cam is "mid-mountain", there's barely 10" on the roof and you can visibly see grass by the trees on the right. Where'd they measure the 185 cm base - top of the mountain on that cornice? I actually LOL'd when I saw the picture. Never seen a hill mis-report the conditions as bad as Fernie. View attachment 279616
Thats RCR the Real Crooks of the Rockies at their best. The snow plot is above the BEAR unloading area on a leeward slope of Cedar Bowl. lol

Top Bottom