For Sale - 2022 Summit 850 Turbo 165 FS

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you order a new short block the '22 and '24 have the same part numbers, as well the turbo's, tuned pipe, direct injectors, reeds, are all common between the 2.

The heads have different part numbers so likely a geometry or a combustion chamber volume change to adjust the compression, and the secondary injectors in the throttle bodies are different, likely to flow more fuel. The big change is in the tuning.

BRP sandbagged with the first turbos, then for '23 added a head and injectors, added boost and fuel and sold a bunch more sleds with 20hp more at $27k a pop.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you order a new short block the '22 and '24 have the same part numbers, as well the turbo's, tuned pipe, direct injectors, reeds, are all common between the 2.

The heads have different part numbers so likely a geometry or a combustion chamber volume change to adjust the compression, and the secondary injectors in the throttle bodies are different, likely to flow more fuel. The big change is in the tuning.

BRP sandbagged with the first turbos, then for '23 added a head and injectors, added boost and fuel and sold a bunch more sleds with 20hp more at $27k a pop.
Marketing 101

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I heard the heads were different, just looked and 22 and 23 I have the same part # at skidoo parts house https://www.skidoopartshouse.com/oe...54-850-e-tec-turbo-r-vdpf-north-america-parts

And even if they were different the new one is 250$

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I paid 19 k for my 23 big screen last year , barely passed break in…. No 27 k here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is different about them? If you look at the parts on the parts site, they r the same, the turbo part number the same, part numbers the same...

I am actually not 100% sure but I have a idea whats different, but dont want to derail this thread anymore than I already did.
IMO that G4 that was posted probably will not last long Dan. The 22 had nice upgrades over the 2021 I had. Open your piggy bank up.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am actually not 100% sure but I have a idea whats different, but dont want to derail this thread anymore than I already did.
IMO that G4 that was posted probably will not last long Dan. The 22 had nice upgrades over the 2021 I had. Open your piggy bank up.

The parts numbers are basically all the same. Ill tell you whats different. The tune.

Is brp better at tuning than silber? Probably.

Draganweld says they are good though, people seem happy with the silber stuff.

Dazimans G4 does look like a great buy.
And by pointing out theres not a whole bunch of difference between it and the latest and greatest might help sell it to someone hopefully.

I think i want a 154 freeride, but i might change my mind.

Cheers!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The parts numbers are basically all the same. Ill tell you whats different. The tune.

Is brp better at tuning than silber? Probably.

Draganweld says they are good though, people seem happy with the silber stuff.

Dazimans G4 does look like a great buy.
And by pointing out theres not a whole bunch of difference between it and the latest and greatest might help sell it to someone hopefully.

I think i want a 154 freeride, but i might change my mind.

Cheers!

Interesting, I never really looked at the P/n. I have ridden tuned G4’s to 210hp, and they don’t feel like a turbo R for responsiveness even with the same clutch setup in both the tuned G4 and the G5. Everything we did to the G4 to make it more responsive, made the G5 even better in my experience playing with both sleds side by side on the same day.

Some tunes require a pipe to run over 200hp as well.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I never really looked at the P/n. I have ridden tuned G4’s to 210hp, and they don’t feel like a turbo R for responsiveness even with the same clutch setup in both the tuned G4 and the G5. Everything we did to the G4 to make it more responsive, made the G5 even better in my experience playing with both sleds side by side on the same day.

Some tunes require a pipe to run over 200hp as well.

Try switching the ecm.

Top Bottom