2022/2023 fernie season.

Firecatman

Reaction score
ya pretty sure they're advising people not to head down the pipeline this year with all the junk that got left behind, and is now probably just under the snow, so can't really see them grooming it

Last edited:

BubbleNuts

Reaction score
Matheson has extensive logging in it over the last few years. I have not been in there this year to know if the land mines in the logging area are covered. There is also good tree riding to be found.
Was asking our neighbors have said thats the spot to ride just didnt ask how difficilt/easy the riding is since im a bit newer and there more experienced

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was asking our neighbors have said thats the spot to ride just didnt ask how difficilt/easy the riding is since im a bit newer and there more experienced
It's a real fun area and has riding for all levels but it needs snow as mentioned it has lots of logged out areas that need to be covered up. The last 3-5 years have sucked and cannot really feel comfortable back in there till later in the season. Hope that helps.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

BubbleNuts

Reaction score
It's a real fun area and has riding for all levels but it needs snow as mentioned it has lots of logged out areas that need to be covered up. The last 3-5 years have sucked and cannot really feel comfortable back in there till later in the season. Hope that helps.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk
Ok i guess if its trash we can just turn around and go to mcevoy or rolling hills

Firecatman

Reaction score
It was super windy over the weekend, especially yesterday, but there's definitely some good snow if you know where to look.

Attachments

• WP_20230226_15_46_51_Rich_LI.jpg
    WP_20230226_15_46_51_Rich_LI.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 126
  • GX011405_Trim - frame at 0m11s.jpg
    GX011405_Trim - frame at 0m11s.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 139

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was super windy over the weekend, especially yesterday, but there's definitely some good snow if you know where to look.
Thanks for the update!

We have our usual honey holes, and if you sledders are finding the goods.....we can definitely find them on the bikes

Safe riding out there.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was OK, Sat was better weather but Sunday was better snow. They are still down on snow quite a bit, I would say probably need 2-3 ft of good powder and then consolidation. Props to the club, all trails were in great shape, even the snowbikes could go quick
Fernie Feb 2023 1.jpg
Fernie Feb 2023 2.jpg

Fernie Feb 2023 3.jpg

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was OK, Sat was better weather but Sunday was better snow. They are still down on snow quite a bit, I would say probably need 2-3 ft of good powder and then consolidation. Props to the club, all trails were in great shape, even the snowbikes could go quickView attachment 266432View attachment 266433.

View attachment 266431
Trails on the bike aren't so bad if it's in good shape and you can just rail the sharp corner berms lol. Makes it a little more fun.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

BubbleNuts

Reaction score
Thinking of checking out Corbin. Anyone know if there any marked signs on how to get to the rolling hills from trim that side?

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of checking out Corbin. Anyone know if there any marked signs on how to get to the rolling hills from trim that side?
No really marked trails and have your suspension set well, its rough from that side,really rough right now.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
There are numerous ways to do it. I haven’t ridden down there for 4 years, so take this with a small grain of salt.
The easiest for you, might be to go in at the "yellow gates” (on the right hand side well before the tin shack) and drive as far as you can on the FSR. I have no idea if the gates are open or if the road is plowed but we used to it for something different. In fact I have groomed that FSR back in the day.
That FSR joins up with the Coal Creek trail and will take you right to the Rolling Hills cabin.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are numerous ways to do it. I haven’t ridden down there for 4 years, so take this with a small grain of salt.
The easiest for you, might be to go in at the "yellow gates” (on the right hand side well before the tin shack) and drive as far as you can on the FSR. I have no idea if the gates are open or if the road is plowed but we used to it for something different. In fact I have groomed that FSR back in the day.
That FSR joins up with the Coal Creek trail and will take you right to the Rolling Hills cabin.
I'm thinking the yellow gate is at coal leach road and if so they are logging and hauling on that road.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the story is about the sled that burnt down on the coal creek road a week or so ago?

Top Bottom