Fernie Season 2021/2022

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha ha…there’s a Dukes of Hazard type of berm set up 10 or 15 feet from the wash out. I’m pretty sure some guys would be willing to try it…I’m to old for that.
And it hurts too much if you don't quite make it

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rained to the top last night. Need a lot of snow for ANY kind of riding, let alone good riding.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a mess this area is. Tons of washouts, rain to the top. Kinda depressing.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
avalanche south rockies did a post yesterday saying "with low expectations you might still be disappointed" they started the day with a 2 km sled ride on dirt

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
F13E9F09-1157-490D-8B63-9A108B882796.jpeg

Lodgepole/Harvey/McLatchie junction. 6” of fresh on top of inches of ice.

Not good.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see any sled tracks in the snow
A couple of trucks were parked there overnight as they were covered in the fresh snow, one had a single trailer and it looked like a set of quad tracks heading up towards Harvey. No sign of any sleds anywhere.

The start of the road up Harvey from the McLatchie junction was as slippery as it gets. My brand new studded Hakapalita LT3’s were not holding when I started to back down after going up 50 feet and noticed how slick it was underneath…it was a total toboggan ride back down.

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple of trucks were parked there overnight as they were covered in the fresh snow, one had a single trailer and it looked like a set of quad tracks heading up towards Harvey. No sign of any sleds anywhere.

The start of the road up Harvey from the McLatchie junction was as slippery as it gets. My brand new studded Hakapalita LT3’s were not holding when I started to back down after going up 50 feet and noticed how slick it was underneath…it was a total toboggan ride back down.
Probably hunters or the trapper? I looked back and last year we really didn't start sledding lots till the middle of December. Hope I can get a few rides in before christmas.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friends were out yesterday around the cabin. Says he thought start of last season was bad but yesterday was way worse. Anything below 6000 was CRAP. He was parked on a slight hill around the cabin (10 degrees) and went to get going but couldn't due to the ice below around 6" of snow.

Flick

Reaction score
I just saw a photo around rolling hills cabin. Does not look good at all..

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FSA did a update yesterday and explains their start up plans for the season. check them out on Facebook, Alberta Sledderz and probably a few other social media's. There is logging in the corbin Barnes area but they plan on building a second road parallel to the now plowed road. As per the rest please check them on the social media.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FSA just posted that they have secured a up to 100k from RDEK to help with the repairs mainly up Morrissey and Coal Creek. Sound like work will begin very soon for Morrissey. This is great news folks.
Thanks for the update! Appreciate it!

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just glad as a FSA member that they are trying everything possible to keep the area's open and to fix all the rain damaged roads. I will miss hosting the annual family ride just after christmas but maybe we can rebook it for latter on in the season

Top Bottom