Fernie Season 2021/2022

getzcold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you still access the pipeline from the tin shack this year. Is there enough snow left on the pipeline.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you still access the pipeline from the tin shack this year. Is there enough snow left on the pipeline.
Lots of vehicle traffic up that way. I'm thinking it has to do with the expansion project.
I'm not sure I'd make the journey up with a trailer, but deck and radio might be worth a try.

Corbin would be the better bet I'm thinking.
From the parking lot to barnes/Elliot is getting rough, but you could easily park a truck there and go.
Snow from there west is still pretty decent.

getzcold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah was skinny parked at the far end of the road. Snow was thin and rock hard in most areas. More snow to the west but rock hard yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2Turnipsinheat

Reaction score
If anybody is riding today or tomorrow wonder if you could report on the conditions at all? See snow in forecast was hoping to come for a few days to coal creek. Cheers!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Coal creek is shut down as per FSA.

Coal Creek - CLOSED​

Dirt from staging area up 2-3km. Please note that the new lower trail built around the flood washout mid-winter was constructed primarily by snow / snow bridges. With the spring melt, there are now sections of this new trail that are missing and trail is impassable by sled. It is not possible to drive beyond the staging area in a regular vehicle to reach the snowline. Our summer work list includes installing culverts and resurfacing the entire new trail for year round access. Please get in touch if you are interested in donating materials, equipment or man hour time one the ground to help us get this work done.

Saying that, Morrissey is useable but for trucks and decks only with difficult turn around at 3 km. The parking at the bottom is done.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a difference one year to the day makes. 55cm overnight. Had plans to get firewood that day but certainly changed those plans in a hurry
d1943e2b449b385b30c1965606735836.jpg
545accc5571b7222506f6199a2fc1318.jpg

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Elkford woke up to a foot of snow in town today
Yeah saw that on the news. worried about the rainfall though, they said Coal Creek is getting pretty full and have closed it due to more erosion. The City of Fernie already stood up their EOC for flood watch, wondering if we are going to lose more roads in the area to flooding this spring. :(

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah saw that on the news. worried about the rainfall though, they said Coal Creek is getting pretty full and have closed it due to more erosion. The City of Fernie already stood up their EOC for flood watch, wondering if we are going to lose more roads in the area to flooding this spring. :(
when the coal creek road got repaired from the rain event in November every one said that it wasn't going to last. When I saw it for the first time I thought the same. Last friday they shut the coal creek road down and since then we got slammed with rain. Morrissey will be kept up as that's the main road for the pipeline work for the next 2 years.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Instagram vid of snow bikes in elkford yesterday is great 3 ft of fresh!

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gotta get back out there this season for a ride. Miss it from riding when i lived in Cranbrook in 2019-2020

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cabin is quiet but it's total chaos around it with the pipeline work
0d8005e3c0af8155e131c318512685d1.jpg

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Yeah, she was busy around Corbin yesterday. They got a lot of pipe staged down there. PS. Corbin road is brutal, partly washed out and lots of big ruts within the first 10 -15 kms

Top Bottom