Fernie conditions

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For this time of year, any extra fresh is a bonus. It doesn't happen in the Koot's with mega "cold smoke" powder as it is usually heavy and wet. Tuesday, on top of the Coal Summit the drifts and the wind lips were awesome! We didn't seem to need anymore.

I disagree as some of the best snow I have ridden in the Koots comes around this time to end of april. we know the big systems that roll in during end of feb-april. last year at this time I was riding waist deep blower snow in Storm and cabin creek for quite awhile. This year has been a terrible year for the weather for this area. Hopefully we get out usual and get some BIG late season dumps like we usually get.

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take your sled. Snow is setup good. You can stop going straight up hill. You'll be good. And with $500-$600 still in your pocket.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Take your sled. Snow is setup good. You can stop going straight up hill. You'll be good. And with $500-$600 still in your pocket.

We did a photo shoot on Tuesday and the photographer was on a BearCat, 550 fan cooled 20" track and he followed us to the top of the Coal Summit. I did pick an easy route for him to get there but just the same it is set-up nicely to get around and find the soft pillows and wind lips. Some amazing jumps and wheelies at this time of year and if you get high enough the snow is awesome.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did a photo shoot on Tuesday and the photographer was on a BearCat, 550 fan cooled 20" track and he followed us to the top of the Coal Summit. I did pick an easy route for him to get there but just the same it is set-up nicely to get around and find the soft pillows and wind lips. Some amazing jumps and wheelies at this time of year and if you get high enough the snow is awesome.

I thought you were the photographer?!?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I thought you were the photographer?!?

Hahaha....not this time. I just took him to some sweet spots! I don't have the expertise to do shots and footage like this dude. I also don't have the cameras and the multitude of lens to doo justice to the quality necessary for a shoot of this magnitude.

His backpack alone had thousands of dollars of equipment in it with all the cameras, lens, and filters. I think I saw 3 different helmet cams. Quite a production....

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good, why did you take the easy way down instead of continuing on in the first 15 seconds?

Haha just kidding. I am jealous.

sent from a top secret location

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good, why did you take the easy way down instead of continuing on in the first 15 seconds?

Haha just kidding. I am jealous.

I was looking for the other half of my riding group ha ha. Are you gonna be healed up soon?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking for the other half of my riding group ha ha. Are you gonna be healed up soon?

I am able to walk in a walking cast. Physio next week. No more sledding until next season I figure though. Hopefully will be on the bike sometime in May.

Still need to decide what I am going to be riding next winter. Might just keep the '12 for now.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha....not this time. I just took him to some sweet spots! I don't have the expertise to do shots and footage like this dude. I also don't have the cameras and the multitude of lens to doo justice to the quality necessary for a shoot of this magnitude.

His backpack alone had thousands of dollars of equipment in it with all the cameras, lens, and filters. I think I saw 3 different helmet cams. Quite a production....

Quite a production sounds like my group will fit right in.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
out in tunnel mountain yesterday, sweet conditions as well and a great area, had a blast on the shoots, hope they get more.... here is a video from racetrack of the number three you don't want to see... FILE0004 - YouTube

What does houston think he's doing going down that? ha ha

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure he was texting a few women at the top of the hill and I think the wrong head was doing some of the thinking when this happened, somewhat scary because he had to shoot up a 10 foot bank and that was the other side of it... people die doing that, he was dam lucky
What does houston think he's doing going down that? ha ha

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Harvey last Fri Harvey 1.jpg Harvey 5.jpg Harvey 4.jpg

Last edited:

framtam

Reaction score
I'm looking for a riding buddy this fri, sat, or sun. (or all 3) anywhere near Fernie..

Anyone headin out??

Top Bottom