Where to take the Family in Fernie?

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am bringing the wife and kids, and a buddy and his daughter down to ride Fernie for a few days, Tuesday to Thursday, maybe Friday if it's good. All different sleds in the group from an '87 Enticer Excel to a '98 Summit to a '13 Pro RMK to a '22 Backcountry XRS. I have been to Fernie once in the past, but it was COLD, and apparently very low snow. I wasn't sure where to ride and we tried Coal Creek twice, and then Morrisey once, but we never did find "the goods", lol. The family likes the trails and a little off trail like meadows. Kids are 9, 11, 13. I'm guessing we should stage at Coal Creek? Ride to the cabin, and maybe up to the meadows behind the cabin? Any advice on where to ride, areas to see, things to check out, would be very appreciated. Thanks!

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be your best bet, follow groomed trail past cabin as well to the wranglers, you can loop around the rolling hils as well and pick where you want to venture off. going to the outter bounds will be rough going.
along the trail between cabins has lots to ride on the sides with a good base,just watch for some of the ravines the lower snow level hasnt made the family friendly!

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be your best bet, follow groomed trail past cabin as well to the wranglers, you can loop around the rolling hils as well and pick where you want to venture off. going to the outter bounds will be rough going.
along the trail between cabins has lots to ride on the sides with a good base,just watch for some of the ravines the lower snow level hasnt made the family friendly!
Ok, thanks. It's the family's 2nd time to the mountains (new spring break tradition I started last year), and I want them to have a blast. I could care less where or what I ride, this is all about them.

Top Bottom